Cory Flagg Post Game presser

Advertisement
He was recruited by Manny despite none of the Texas big boys wanting him and taking other players in his team. Of course he’s gonna defend him. He also knows his days and okaying time might be in jeopardy when manny leaves.
That is what I was saying. No disrespect to him. He does play hard and he is smart, but he is very physical limited.

Those Texas schools and (Im including Oklahoma in this for the sake of the argument) recruit a certain height, weight, speed profile Flagg doesn't fit.

Flagg thinks our media is hard on Manny? They’re not. Imagine if we had legit reporters covering this team and not clowns like Susan Miller Degnan and Joe Rose throwing softballs after softballs.
He would hate Philadelphia or NY.
Howard Eskin would legit ask Manny why do you suck at your job so bad.

The fact Flagg was even at a presser is enough of an indictment on Manny. I hate bagging on a player. But he's Romeo Davis, Glenn Cooke, Robert Knowles. All good kids who would have had great careers at FIU or USF (or UTSA or Houston in the case of Flagg), but shouldn't have been recruited to play at Miami.

Advertisement
he's defending a coach who believed in him early. is what it is
I’m not sure posters actually listened to the presser, but if they did it sure seems like they are hearing what they want through their anti-Manny hearing aids.

Flagg says:
- he didn’t hear the comments from Blake James
- he doesn’t like talking about it and doesn’t think the comments from the media are right
- he then gets annoyed when Navarro asks him a follow up question

So instead of being ruthless media asking Manny and Blake tough questions they basically use the post game presser to ask Flagg 5 questions about his coach instead of them all being about the game. Then after asking him about differences in practices, they go back to saying well since you don’t like we have to say about your coach, you tell us what you think of him, which he did.

As you said, he defended his coach and is being ripped for it here. It is what it is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m all for the players defending Manny. That means they still want to play here. I’d be more worried if they had given up on him as well because if by some miracle he sticks around after this year I don’t want players leaving. But on that note I still think Manny has to go
A lot of the players hate Manny I'm sure (no info). Flagg obviously loves him since he's given him a big chance and given him a ton of pt (too much imo).

Advertisement
All due respect, pretty much all players defend their coaches to a fault—because they have personal relationships with said coaches.

I'd rather have a coach who knows what the f**k he's doing and consistently wins football games, so that no one has to worry about players "defending" him.

These kids don't see a bigger picture, They see what's in front of them, their short 3-4 year run at a school and the guys who sat in their living rooms, convincing them and their parents that UM was the school for them.

A bit biased and can't see forest for the trees.

He's a 20 year old young man. Of course he feels this way, and that is OK.

Advertisement
Back