Cortez Mills: Miami bringing a lot of "positive energy"

Don’t think anyone who lives that far south is willing to go further north than Palmetto/Columbus to play ball. Plus Homestead had a really good team last year losing in the State Championship game to STA

I always think this then I see dudes riding the tri rail from dade to go play in broward and vice versa lol

Even seen WPB dudes transferring to inner city dade schools which is wild

Advertisement
This kid is very much an alpha in SFL.

If/when he pops, it will open a lot of eyes in Dade. His commitment will be followed quickly by several others, imo. I think it’s about to be a nice spring for the squad.

Feels like the talent is up across the board at the skill positions in the tri-county and Florida in general, and they're not all dragging it out to February like before. Maybe this early early signing day move helps Miami? Either way, momentum is much better than it was a year ago, and we ended with a Top 5 class. Recruiting is looking amazing right now.

The 3 main concerns about Mario's recruiting at Miami -- QBs, WRs and DBs -- all look to be shot down emphatically in this class.

Is anyone else skeptical due to the track record of Down South WRs? Not just Miami signees .. but any down south WR

Ermon Lane, Tyree Brady, Pope, Wiggins, Brashard was decent , Tacoi Sumler, Frank Ladson, Dionta Mullins, Jalen brown has a lot to prove, CJ Whorton, Herb waters, Antonio Callway (transferred to BTW)

Down south doesn’t have a good track record when it comes to WRs… last one to hit was Roscoe Parrish ??

Hoping & rooting for Mills to break that trend .. hoping for at least a Leonard hankerson type career if he comes here .. we will see.

Is anyone else skeptical due to the track record of Down South WRs? Not just Miami signees .. but any down south WR

Ermon Lane, Tyree Brady, Pope, Wiggins, Brashard was decent , Tacoi Sumler, Frank Ladson, Dionta Mullins, Jalen brown has a lot to prove, CJ Whorton, Herb waters, Antonio Callway (transferred to BTW)

Down south doesn’t have a good track record when it comes to WRs… last one to hit was Roscoe Parrish ??

Hoping & rooting for Mills to break that trend .. hoping for at least a Leonard hankerson type career if he comes here .. we will see.
There are definitely kids that don't live up to the hype but there also has been a crazy amount that have been good in college since Parrish.

Herb Waters was a decent college WR. For a low 4* I'd say he did about as expected

Advertisement
I know people laugh at questions on how he compares to Mark Pope but this board had an erection when that guy committed here and was considered a big win because "elite" guys like that would always sign elsewhere. It's easy to laugh now since he didn't work out but let's not act like we knew he was a bum.
he had bum stats his sr year and a lot of folks here were calling it.

I never was hhigh on pope and down south wrs scare me...but ive been high on Mills for awhile

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who’s got the scoop on Tyler Williams..kids a freak. Another campus visit with pops is a good sign..we close to ****** something there too or is this premature?

There are definitely kids that don't live up to the hype but there also has been a crazy amount that have been good in college since Parrish.
crazy amount that have been good? I dont know about that bro(WRs from kendall to homestead?), but respect your sentiment. Always going to be kids that dont live up to hype for sure, Not trying to be a mope, just noticed that trend. Duasso said he's deceptively fast, and is great at making contested catches, but im curious to see how that will translate to P5 elite ball ⏸️
Again Im pulling for him,, Im a down south guy,, so not even throwing shade.

Advertisement

Pretty sure Parrish is from Coconut Grove. That's not Down South.

Pretty sure Parrish is from Coconut Grove. That's not Down South.
I know the Grove isn't down south. Theres parrishes in Goulds, Pretty sure has family in Goulds.. theres alot of families in Goulds orginally from douglas(37th ave) so you probaly right. Thats before my time, which makes the point about down south WRs even more alarming.

Advertisement
Back