Cortez Mills: Miami bringing a lot of "positive energy"

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

Every year, South Florida has an alpha dog wide receiver. In 2022, it was Brandon Innis. Last year, it was #1 overall player Jeremiah Smith. This year, there may not be a receiver more coveted than Homestead’s Cortez Mills. He was hugely productive for the 3M state runner-up, catching 79 balls for 1,640 yards and 18 TDs. Mills carried that success into the offseason as the star of the RAW 7-on-7 team. He also dominated at the Under Armour Camp.

It’s no surprise that...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pope as a high schooler was more shifter but this kid just gets open and can make contested catches going over guys

Hands and physicality were Pope's downfall. He also seemed to play slower in pads, and didn't work at his craft hard enough.

I think the biggest thing that separates the two though is proven production. Mills had like 1640 receiving yards as a junior. Pope had 619 as a junior and fewer as a senior, 1000 total.

Advertisement
I’d have to see young Cortez Instagram gas station pics to accurately compare

Oooh GIF by Pitchfork

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know people laugh at questions on how he compares to Mark Pope but this board had an erection when that guy committed here and was considered a big win because "elite" guys like that would always sign elsewhere. It's easy to laugh now since he didn't work out but let's not act like we knew he was a bum.

Advertisement
Back