Cortez Mckenzie commits

I would be surprised if Riggins ends up in this class.

I kinda felt that way but kinda looking more and more like he is. Have had plenty of chances to cut him loose. Also worth noting that Stroud is from St. Pete area.

Anyway, this Mckenzie kid looks pretty good on tape to me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Todd Stroud is a Lakewood Alum. He has the connections. He KNOWS Pinellas County. These are the kind of 3 and 4 star kids that the Gators get that play in the NFL. The local HS coaches know the right players and tell the College coaches they trust. AJ Mathis will be a Maurice Crum or Scottie Nicholas type Tampa for UM.

Instead of "wait and see" and know more about this kid and staff evaluation of him, message board warriors have to express their immediate dissatisfaction. Just to be first who say I told you so.
We have a bunch of star hos. They just care about recruiting rankings rather than the the acquisition of talent that actually helps the team.

Manny’s defense did just fine with Al Golden takes

Which ones you mean the good ones the ones he sprinkled in with high upside not the Charles Perry or terry McCray’s or the Robert knowels or Ryan Mayes of the world. You happen must be talking about the all dade county kids like Sheldrick Redwine or Richard McIntosh or 4 star ken norton those ones or Jamal carter the four star or michael Jackson the one I knew was gonna be good those guys. Listen man I don’t care that y’all love mannys takes he’s not infallible, he’s the reason we’re in the mess we’re in with his trash line backer recruiting now. He hasn’t shown me the ability to identify linebacker with talent and close on them other then Avery huff Sam brooks has potential but I’ll wait same with Joyner. We have no depth. Our defense is very goood to elite but that’s because of legit talented players, not kids who have little to no film. You are taking them off of a camp with shorts and a shirt on sorry I like my football players to have legit highlights.i do not want to use my imagination that they can play. Just because my first year head coach says so maybe I was raised differently then you but I have my own opinion and don’t just go with what the person in charge says.

Advertisement
Who has he identified that was under the radar that’s a house hold name at linebacker for us

We clearly have different definitions of being a good evaluator if you think Diaz is a good evaluator because his kids didn't leave the team or get special teams time.

I guess since he recruits mainly 3 stars technically they aren't busts.

Silvera, Blades, Garvin, Ivey, Hall, Smith, Harvey, Bandy, Gurvan, Frierson, etc. All these kids were 4-stars depending on which service. All will get significant snaps this year. Plus, the 3 portal kids are better than anything we would have had as freshman. More athleticism on the the roster this year on defense in my opinion. We should be top 10 and with significant improvement on offense the pressure is off the defense.

True, because they were upclassmen. I believe 7 (Patchan, Bethel, Pinckney, Quarterman, McCord, Finley and Knowles) in our 3 deep on our current roster were recruited by Golden's staff.

Right/Banda found Finley a few weeks before NSD. That wasn’t Golden.

I don’t know this kid and don’t have to if I don’t like the take I don’t like the take. And for every Ed reed theres a Robert knowels for every supposed Santana Moss there’s a demuri Jones. You can miss me with them hoe ways y’all showing if kids good I’ll be happy if not I don’t want him period and for now I’m leaning at what I said earlier that’s my opinion and seems to be others to.

Boy you ignorant and proud 😂

Advertisement
Are you really trying to imply that they became one of the preeminent programs in college football because of 5 star recruits? You do realize that they started winning 10 games+ back in 2011 right ?

Of course that is the reason. They have been recruiting at a high level since Dabo has gotten there. His first class was a top 10 recruiting class as we all know 10 wins in the ACC is not that difficult to do, by the time he started winnings NCs his team was loaded with 4 and 5 stars.

Of course that is the reason. They have been recruiting at a high level since Dabo has gotten there. His first class was a top 10 recruiting class as we all know 10 wins in the ACC is not that difficult to do, by the time he started winnings NCs his team was loaded with 4 and 5 stars.
Sorry but you are wrong his first class only had 2 top 150 guys 6 four stars in total and the rest were 3 stars. his first class was not in the top 30's. Screenshot_20190623-125854_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
So back to the whole point of the the thread instead of the **** measuring contest @TheUForever and @OriginalGatorHater are having... McKenzie’s IMG tape sticks out to me... A kid who loves to hit obviously
My bad if I came off that way and no **** measuring going this way at all I like the pickup. I was just stating that Dabo didn't start off with a great class but he did get guys that fit his system and I feel Coach Manny Diaz is doing the same thing which I like..

My bad if I came off that way and no **** measuring going this way at all I like the pickup. I was just stating that Dabo didn't start off with a great class but he did get guys that fit his system and I feel Coach Manny Diaz is doing the same thing which I like..

It didn't come off that way. It was a fine point, but by the time Dabo started competing for NCs he had a the 7th most 5 stars in the nation. If Manny follows the Dabo example and starts grabbing all the elite 4 and 5 stars he can get I would be very happy, but right now he is following the Mullen at Miss St. system.

Advertisement
Kid was hurt last year and we take his commitment? We will see. First the wr earlier this week and now this kid? Smdh
I remember a kid had an ankle injury one year and Miami coaches slow played him, his name was Amari Cooper. Y’all act like he can’t be replaced when the time comes and to worry about any commit in 2021 and after is wasting your own time.

Miss the Rivers and Roberts commits?
I don’t miss anything, friend. I’m the eyes and ears of this institution.

I speak of the general makeup of his recruiting efforts thus far, not outliers. Miami will always sign some 4 star guys.

On top of that, my comment is not a slap at Diaz. If you’re as confident in him as you appear to be, then you’ll realize that my statement allows for the option that he’s a great evaluator. The greatest evaluator in the history of the game assembled the greatest roster in the history of the game with a lot of 3 star guys that the dopey services underrated.

I didn’t know I was ignorant because I see you supposed geniuses comparing every Low rated recruitment to our biggest stars. How often has those comparisons come true since you know so much.

You said yourself you never seen him and don’t care to. Yet you’re so confident in your opinion that he’s not a take. That’s wild.

Advertisement
Back