Cortez Mckenzie commits

Advertisement
If you guys were around in 2000 you would have griped when Butch offered Sean Taylor. Sean who??? I doubt most of you knew anything about him then.

This kid is in the 2021 class and the coaches evaluated him, I don't see what the problem is. These types of evaluations are where Manny and staff are going to earn their money.

Last edited:
Dual sport athlete that plays both BBall & Football. goes to 5A Lakewood (same school as Trevon Riggins & Greg Spann)

Plays Safety, RB & LB, but is basically a stand up rusher. Had 25tcks 10TFL's & 6 sacks his Sophomore year.

He's an agressive LB with quickness & a good motor. The 21 LB class is crazy deep, so I don't actually have a problem with taking an early commit from this kid, because we'll still continue to recruit Jon Flowe, Derrick Harris Jr, T2, Gaethan Bernadel, Patrick Payton (even though he's more of a Rush end), Branden Jennings, Tyler Johnson & others.

At worst, we land higher ranked prospects & this kid gets pushed, or at best he continues to develop & we keep him.

I don't think it's as big a deal as people will make it, every fan should know early verbal commits don't really mean much, so this isn't like it's finalized he'll be in the class come NSD 21.

Advertisement
I don’t know this kid and don’t have to if I don’t like the take I don’t like the take. And for every Ed reed theres a Robert knowels for every supposed Santana Moss there’s a demuri Jones. You can miss me with them hoe ways y’all showing if kids good I’ll be happy if not I don’t want him period and for now I’m leaning at what I said earlier that’s my opinion and seems to be others to.

If you guys were around in 2000 you would have gripped when Butch offered Sean Taylor. Sean who??? I doubt most of you know anything about him then.

This kid is in the 2021 class and the coaches evaluated him, I don't see what the problem is. These types of evaluations are where Manny and staff are going to earn their money.
Wtf??...Didnt know about Sean in 2000??...You HAVE to be trolling....EVERYONE in America knew about Sean....Stop it....

Advertisement
They didn’t. Buck Ortega had more notoriety then Sean.
Stop it....I personally went on a "so called recruiting trip" with my cousin (who happened to be Sean's main recruiter too UM) to see Sean play twice....To say nobody knew about Sean is Horsesh*t....Kid had 44 TDs...but nobody knew about him??....Lol...I know for a Fact thats a Crock....

Stop it....I personally went on a "so called recruiting trip" with my cousin (who happened to be Sean's main recruiter too UM) to see Sean play twice....To say nobody knew about Sean is Horsesh*t....Kid had 44 TDs...but nobody knew about him??....Lol...I know for a Fact thats a Crock....
He didn't really blow up until after the playoffs though. Of course your cousin knew about him because we had already offered and had him committed at that point. lol

Advertisement
He had 41 TDS. And until his senior year, he wasn’t a known name. At least, not nationally. That was my class. Frank, Antrel, the Carol City Boyd.
Do not care...I know without a Doubt, Sean was well known Nationwide....You cannot tell me different because I was literally living at UM from 95-2000....If not for living in the Panhandle with a wife and 2 kids...I would've lived in CB and slept at Hecht literally.

He didn't really blow up until after the playoffs though. Of course your cousin knew about him because we had already offered and had him committed at that point. lol
Sean was well known before his Sr yr....Butchs evaluations didn't start at a Kids Sr yr.....@dsddcane...come save me...Lol....

Last edited:
Man if you don’t like what I said block me I ain’t going back and forth with you I said what I said this **** is for the internet that’s why it’s on the internet.

Advertisement
He looks good so the coaches offered. I have zero problems with recruits two years out. You have time to see how their two final years go and if it isn't what you expect, you move on. If they ball out, you hope you can hold on and the initial commitment sticks.

Dual sport athlete that plays both BBall & Football. goes to 5A Lakewood (same school as Trevon Riggins & Greg Spann)

Plays Safety, RB & LB, but is basically a stand up rusher. Had 25tcks 10TFL's & 6 sacks his Sophomore year.

He's an agressive LB with quickness & a good motor. The 21 LB class is crazy deep, so I don't actually have a problem with taking an early commit from this kid, because we'll still continue to recruit Jon Flowe, Derrick Harris Jr, T2, Gaethan Bernadel, Patrick Payton (even though he's more of a Rush end), Branden Jennings, Tyler Johnson & others.

At worst, we land higher ranked prospects & this kid gets pushed, or at best he continues to develop & we keep him.

I don't think it's as big a deal as people will make it, every fan should know early verbal commits don't really mean much, so this isn't like it's finalized he'll be in the class come NSD 21.
I hate that you have to explain this to the slow crew

2 years till their NSD and you got posters like this BLEEDING all over this thread

Change out your super soaker tampon and tighten up.

Words of wisdom right there. Fact!

Advertisement
Back