CornhuskersInSight?!

Once JJ left, and took the entire staff...including his Ace Recruiter...Although Dennis Won 2 NCs (JJs kids) the recruiting suffered immeasurably...hence 93 and 94...

Advertisement
@TemplarCane ...What we saw during that game, was the culmination of Garbage recruiting by Erickson from 92-93....Most Notably OL and QBs...How tf do you Win 2 NCs in 4yrs...and recruit at such a low level like that??...How in Gods name, do you go from Erickson...too Torreta..too Costa??

Let’s not forget Ryan Collins. Ugh.

Chris Walsh? Steve’s younger brother. Gatorade Offensive Player of The Year, 1992. Signed with Miami. Stunk and never played a down, I think.

Ryan Clement and Scott Covington weren’t bad. Both were Top 10 national QBs, if I recall. But neither was elite in college.

QBs are a funny bunch.

I’d like to see a list of the Top 10 HS school QBs each year, from 1989-present. Who they were, and where they ended up.

Last edited:
Actually really liked Covington...Scott was a really nice kid...Had an absolute rifle for an arm...Stood with his Mom during the 98 UCLA game...Kid could play...Much better than Clements...

Actually really liked Covington...Scott was a really nice kid...Had an absolute rifle for an arm...Stood with his Mom during the 98 UCLA game...Kid could play...Much better than Clements...

Agree. Clements was a tough SOB though. I remember he played at West Virginia with a separated non-throwing shoulder. Covington would have played but was sick, and even had a collapsed lung. Clement didn’t do much, under the circumstances, and took a beating. You could see how much pain he was in. Respect earned.

Tremain Mack blocked a punt and Nate Brooks returned it for the win. 10-7. Inside a last minute, even last 20 seconds.

Agree. Clements was a tough SOB though. I remember he played at West Virginia with a separated non-throwing shoulder. Covington would have played but was sick, and even had a collapsed lung. Clement didn’t do much, under the circumstances, and took a beating. You could see how much pain he was in. Respect earned.

Tremain Mack blocked a punt and Nate Brooks returned it for the win. 10-7. Inside a last minute, even last 20 seconds.
That was my 1st away game (WVU) that I was able to stand on the sidelines...Ryan was tough...got His *** tore up against FSU...even getting slammed into our own Goalpost that yr...

Advertisement
Covington threw some Beautiful balls against UCLA...Butch liked the kid alot...Quality kid, from a quality family...

I remember a recent article, maybe posted here somewhere. Listed all the 5-star QBs of the past five years, maybe ten years. Where they signed, and how they ended up. I think over 90% were busts. A great number transferred to other schools.

Advertisement
I remember a recent article, maybe posted here somewhere. Listed all the 5-star QBs of the past five years, maybe ten years. Where they signed, and how they ended up. I think over 90% were busts. A great number transferred to other schools.
Tom Brady was a nobody in high school and college. So many QBs under the radar in up in the first round and so many busts.

Advertisement
Covington threw some Beautiful balls against UCLA...Butch liked the kid alot...Quality kid, from a quality family...

Only Cane I can remember fans carrying him off the field after a victory. I was on the field that night.

What’s he up to these days?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back