Cornerbacks Coach Candidates- 2021

Got the feeling... miss on Trob - DVD will be the CBs coach. That feeling was mutual to people I talk to. They’re definitely talking to Trob and have DVD in limbo. Still early so more names could come up. Fingers crossed. Chips are falling quick though

The dark horse could still be Fran Brown but that’s a difficult pull.
Sounds like our strategy with recruiting — go all out on a blue chipper without maintaining contact with above average plan Bs, then fail miserably and settle for a plan D.

Advertisement
If Miami currently has 1.2 million, then drop Patke and replace him with a GA, that's 1.6 million. You can get 3 solid choices for that money. Also lots of HCs are voluntarily taking salary cuts due to COVID. Diaz could put his money where his mouth is and take a paycut that could go towards hiring quality assistants. It would be a much smarter investment as he'd get that back and more if he ends up being successful because he paid for quality coaches.
I’ll sign the petition

Got the feeling... miss on Trob - DVD will be the CBs coach. That feeling was mutual to people I talk to. They’re definitely talking to Trob and have DVD in limbo. Still early so more names could come up. Fingers crossed. Chips are falling quick though

The dark horse could still be Fran Brown but that’s a difficult pull.
Miss on Trob and DVD feels slighted and leaves for USU lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Update on 247
B5F7EFDC-F9B2-4469-A061-9B28EA769134.png

Last edited by a moderator:
He would be assistant DB coach and he would have a unit. He would be helping with the corners on the field. Would he rather learn on the job at miami or in the middle of nowhere in cold *** utah making chump change? Only at miami is shît made to be so difficult
It’s not just Miami. Please point me in the direction of 1 of the 65 P5 schools that has a legitimate DB coach with some pedigree and has a guy working behind him with no positional responsibility. Theres not 1. You can’t sell guys with options to do that

We could find a legit coach for all 3 spots but it won’t be a guy that wants his own unit.
I really hope I have eat crow for this. UM needs to prove me wrong that we’re not the same as we have been for the last 15+ years

I really hope I have eat crow for this. UM needs to prove me wrong that we’re not the same as we have been for the last 15+ years
This aint a UM issue in this case unless the money has dried up. It would be a Manny issue. Last offseason Miami hired 2 former OCs to be position coaches. One who used be a head coach at a small school. Miami can hire qualified coaches. Manny has to be willing to do what needs to be done.

Last edited:
This aint a UM issue in this case unless the money has dried up. It would be a Manny issue. Last offseason Miami hired 2 former OCs to be position coaches. One who you used be a head coach at a small school. Miami can hire qualified coaches. Manny has to be willing to do what needs to be done.
If it ends up being true I’ll regret not going with my gut because an agent was telling me they didn’t entertain McGriff and they think manny just has their guy or he’s just 100% focused on 1 guy.

I was convinced, in my pessimistic ways, that the guy was DVD because it was a Miami thing to do. But I kept thinking that surely they don’t just settle for that this early. Last resort, maybe.

I’d rather eat crow and have Trob than be right and have DVD

Advertisement
If it ends up being true I’ll regret not going with my gut because an agent was telling me they didn’t entertain McGriff and they think manny just has their guy or he’s just 100% focused on 1 guy.

I was convinced, in my pessimistic ways, that the guy was DVD because it was a Miami thing to do. But I kept thinking that surely they don’t just settle for that this early. Last resort, maybe.

We've seen so far that Manny doesn't settle. Even with Enos being a disaster Manny went after a guy on Bama's staff when pessimist on here were talking about Frank Ponce or bringing back James Coley. He gave his OC control on part of his staff and because Enos is terrible he hired Barry and Stubblefield. The guys Manny hired(Field and Hickson) are getting it done. He has three positions open and hopefully he tells Baker to kick rocks to make it a 4th or at least demote him. Defense is his baby but if he makes the decision to go all in and be a CEO instead of a guy who needs to baby his DC and call plays I think the hires can be good.

Advertisement

Does Auburn hiring Mason pretty much eliminate them from TRob seeing how Mason is also a DB coach and I would assume it be really odd for a dude of his caliber to give anyone else CO-DC?

Advertisement
Back