Cornerbacks Coach Candidates- 2021

Advertisement

tenor.gif

He’s operating with a very average budget. You’re right in a sense. He wanted 2 duds (blame richt for promoting Patke because now he’s making more than he should) Baker and Patke. Baker is making 500k or similar and Patke is making about $400k from his promotion and now being STC.

That money would get you 2 very good assistants if it was spent correctly.
There’s one clear solution then and he’s apparently not doing it. If he won’t do that he won’t succeed.

Advertisement
Manny has shown he is willing to fire coaches if they underperform. Maybe he hasn't fired Baker because he's first trying to secure a replacement. I have no clue but I'm going to give him more time before blasting him. His track record on off-season moves is strong and deserves some deference from us.

For the record, I've maintained that Blake will not be the DC next year and I haven't heard anything to the contrary. So, I'm going to remain positive until its confirmed that Baker will remain the DC.

Note: If Baker is our DC next year, then Manny is placing a bet that he is unlikely to win.

Advertisement
Manny has shown he is willing to fire coaches if they underperform. Maybe he hasn't fired Baker because he's first trying to secure a replacement. I have no clue but I'm going to give him more time before blasting him. His track record on off-season moves is strong and deserves some deference from us.

For the record, I've maintained that Blake will not be the DC next year and I haven't heard anything to the contrary. So, I'm going to remain positive until its confirmed that Baker will remain the DC.

Note: If Baker is our DC next year, then Manny is placing a bet that he is unlikely to win.
his off-season firing record is over-hyped. he botched his first season and bulleted the OC (had to) and two staff who had come via him. Assuming from that he’ll bullet lifelong friends i just don’t think is clear at all.

I'm on vacation too and I'm doing the same thing as Manny...refreshing every few minutes to see if all the big name targets are gone yet. It was reported by insiders if he didn't do what needs to be done that some boosters would do it for him. Well guess they're on vacation too smh
I'll say it to myself for the last time the money is not in place to compete on the level we think...Everytime we think we now have the money needed other schools go to another level

Got the feeling... miss on Trob - DVD will be the CBs coach. That feeling was mutual to people I talk to. They’re definitely talking to Trob and have DVD in limbo. Still early so more names could come up. Fingers crossed. Chips are falling quick though

The dark horse could still be Fran Brown but that’s a difficult pull.

Got the feeling... miss on Trob - DVD will be the CBs coach. That feeling was mutual to people I talk to. They’re definitely talking to Trob and have DVD in limbo.

My mood is Ice Bowl levels rn but it could turn into Wide Right 3 real quick.

Advertisement
Got the feeling... miss on Trob - DVD will be the CBs coach. That feeling was mutual to people I talk to. They’re definitely talking to Trob and have DVD in limbo. Still early so more names could come up. Fingers crossed. Chips are falling quick though

People are saying we can't afford TRob. Basically he'd be taking a pay cut here. And if we do hire him, there isn't any money for the other position coaches. Do you have any knowledge on that?

People are saying we can't afford TRob. Basically he'd be taking a pay cut here. And if we do hire him, there isn't any money for the other position coaches. Do you have any knowledge on that?
I’ve been saying that all day basically.

Youre looking at 3 coaches and a pool of probably $1.2 to spend. Trob likely gonna call for 700-750 at minimum as co-dc. Your other 2 assistants are gonna be trash unless they drastically pay more than they did last year.

Youre looking at 3 coaches and a pool of probably $1.2 to spend. Trob likely gonna call for 700-750 at minimum as co-dc. Your other 2 assistants are gonna be trash unless they drastically pay more than they did last year.
Well ****.

Advertisement

Thats the thing, Auburn has their DC already.

Wonder if T-Rob is fine with being just CB coach.

If Miami currently has 1.2 million, then drop Patke and replace him with a GA, that's 1.6 million. You can get 3 solid choices for that money. Also lots of HCs are voluntarily taking salary cuts due to COVID. Diaz could put his money where his mouth is and take a paycut that could go towards hiring quality assistants. It would be a much smarter investment as he'd get that back and more if he ends up being successful because he paid for quality coaches.

Advertisement
Back