CORNERBACK RECRUITING

Odysseus

Freshman
So when our new cornerback coach is here after the season is complete what targets can we really sign for 2021 and 2022. We only return 5 with blades, Ivey, couch, dunson, and clarke. We have a guy committed in Curtis who's a project that doesn't play the position, and a developmental guy in burns who won't be ready right away he's two years away from being two years away at best. So our best shot is brown from IMG and hope he pans out and comes here. Maybe throw some NIL bag money at Arnold that top safety and convince him to come play nickle corner here.

But our most realistic option I believe is just load up and oversign with 3 or 4 blue chip guys for the 2022 class. So my question after all of this is who can we sign from the list below.

Advertisement
So when our new cornerback coach is here after the season is complete what targets can we really sign for 2021 and 2022. We only return 5 with blades, Ivey, couch, dunson, and clarke. We have a guy committed in Curtis who's a project that doesn't play the position, and a developmental guy in burns who won't be ready right away he's two years away from being two years away at best. So our best shot is brown from IMG and hope he pans out and comes here. Maybe throw some NIL bag money at Arnold that top safety and convince him to come play nickle corner here.

But our most realistic option I believe is just load up and oversign with 3 or 4 blue chip guys for the 2022 class. So my question after all of this is who can we sign from the list below.

Burns is committed as well.

Advertisement
Lol @ Burns being two years away from being two years away. Burns is a dawg! And he sticks to his man like glue. Goes up against the best of the best each week and shows out. Only thing is he needs to gain some weight. That is overrated but with our coaches no matter how good of a cover corner a guy is, they’ll keep playing bums and making excuses for why they won’t play the younger guys. They’re vaginas.

Advertisement
Lol @ Burns being two years away from being two years away. Burns is a dawg! And he sticks to his man like glue. Goes up against the best of the best each week and shows out. Only thing is he needs to gain some weight. That is overrated but with our coaches no matter how good of a cover corner a guy is, they’ll keep playing bums and making excuses for why they won’t play the younger guys. They’re vaginas.
Facts. People overlooking burns clearly haven't watched his film. If Feeley can get him to a solid 180 he'll contribute right away on some capacity.

Burns is going to be fine. He'll be another Young or Bandy.

But you need a guy who can match up against Clemson's #1. We don't have anyone remotely capable of that. Surtain, Campbell, Stevenson, Marshall would have been "that guy". With Williams gone, we're relying on Clarke or Curtis to fill that role. No one should feel confident those two will develop that well.

p.s. I'm not 100% sure M Brown is that guy, even if he does commit, which let's face it, is looking less and less probable. I'm getting more and more convinced we're going to have to go to the portal for the right CB again, and pray we get a Colbert not a Dean.

Advertisement
Facts. People overlooking burns clearly haven't watched his film. If Feeley can get him to a solid 180 he'll contribute right away on some capacity.

We put too much of a premium on CBs run support and forget the number one thing they must be able to do and that is cover. If I’m coaching I say if you cover you will play as long as you at least get in the way and hold on for dear life in tackles till the cavalry comes lol. That’s why we getting burned it’s cause we putting free safeties at corner.

We put too much of a premium on CBs run support and forget the number one thing they must be able to do and that is cover. If I’m coaching I say if you cover you will play as long as you at least get in the way and hold on for dear life in tackles till the cavalry comes lol. That’s why we getting burned it’s cause we putting free safeties at corner.
Diaz said he doesnt care about catches/coverage. More worried can they tackle, can they set the edge, can their teammates trust their energy, thats what he looks for

Advertisement
Diaz said he doesnt care about catches/coverage. More worried can they tackle, can they set the edge, can their teammates trust their energy, thats what he looks for

Diaz will never win with that mentality

Advertisement
Back