CORNer Blitzes

A lot of DC's will blitz the boundary CB, especially if there's only a TE to that side. (or no pass catcher at all)

Shannon's DC's did it, D'Onofrio did it and Diaz does it. It's noting new around here.

Yall remember the sack/fumble that Brandon Harris caused against Oklahoma?

Just let them pontificate my friend. It's almost as fun.

Advertisement
A lot of DC's will blitz the boundary CB, especially if there's only a TE to that side. (or no pass catcher at all)

Shannon's DC's did it, D'Onofrio did it and Diaz does it. It's noting new around here.

Yall remember the sack/fumble that Brandon Harris caused against Oklahoma?
Yep. I also remember watching Tracy Howard play boundary corner and just stand out there more times than I can count, but I agree with you.

I would defer to Lu here but what I've noticed, it seems that guys on defense are given free reign to blitz if their assignment changes or stays home. I see a lot of guys especially in the secondary watch the offense and if their key isn't a threat, they blitz. Sometimes it looks like it's a delayed blitz but it seems to me that Diaz says "look rather than stand around covering air, go get that ************"

I dont think that is happening with the DB but I know in some defenses if the LB has the RB/TE in man coverage and he stays to block, that is like a auto blitz on his part to overload the blocking scheme. So it seems like a delayed blitz but in reality, the back is helping on a DE or another blitzer and now the LB goes and cleans up.
I think you said what I was trying to say better than I did. Also this isn't really the appropriate thread really since DBs would most likely have plenty to do. Also I'm not suggesting this is some revolutionary idea.

Maybe it's more noticeable because we do a better job of matching the offense's personnel.

Advertisement
Back