Corn Elder

If Miami is smart they will Red shirt him this year let him learn The position more this man has a "IT" factor I'm telling you.

Advertisement
If you truly think he is gonna be a stud then you waste a year with a RS because he probably bounces after his 4th year.

Elder probably won't get much PT at CB this year, but I think he could help us on returns.

Advertisement
I'm only redshirting him because he will not get in the cornerback rotation this year and because I can tell he is still learning the position
If you truly think he is gonna be a stud then you waste a year with a RS because he probably bounces after his 4th year.

He was playing quite a bit last year pre injury so I don't get redshirting. He's going to play in the nickel or dime.

Sit him. Gunter, Howard, Burns, and Crawford are enough. And behind them, you've still got Hope and Dortch.

Unless 1 of the 1st 4 get injured, I'd "shirt" him.

And the following year, he can battle Crawford for the nickle spot. No way he ever beats Howard or Burns for a starting spot.

Advertisement
Sit him. Gunter, Howard, Burns, and Crawford are enough. And behind them, you've still got Hope and Dortch.

Unless 1 of the 1st 4 get injured, I'd "shirt" him.

And the following year, he can battle Crawford for the nickle spot. No way he ever beats Howard or Burns for a starting spot.

Do you pay attention to what is going on, on the field? People are constantly running trips at minimum, if not 4 Wrs in the ACC. There is nothing that suggests that Crawford is better than Corn anyway. They are both capable players, and we need as many of those out there in rotation as possible.......

I'm only redshirting him because he will not get in the cornerback rotation this year and because I can tell he is still learning the position

Crawford wasnt learning the position last year???? Kid looked lost out there at times, and had trouble locating the ball even with blanket coverage.

Crawford wasnt learning the position last year???? Kid looked lost out there at times, and had trouble locating the ball even with blanket coverage.

Implying that because we were forced to play inexperienced players last year, we should play inexperienced players this year.

Implying that because we were forced to play inexperienced players last year, we should play inexperienced players this year.

Red shirting players after they get on the field and show promise is retarded.

Advertisement

Implying that your post responds to my observation.

Implying that your post responds to my observation.

Was just reiterating the fact. Could you imagine what kind of negative recruiting this would bring about? This isnt NCAA Football for PS3. Kid was a stud coming out of HS, and got on the field by beating out both Dortch and Hope, and now would have to RS and not even play? Let the kid play, he might end up better than everyone, probably not but you dont know yet. Plus he can contribute at PR. Plus with all the crazy 3, 4 and even 5 WR sets that are run, who sais we dont need the kid??????

I say if he can help you out on the return game/special teams, you throw him out there, immediately. If he's the goods, then he'll force his way to the field even more..

Advertisement
not gonna happen after playing him. redshirting kids after they've already played except for injury is retarded. if he can help, he plays.
kid wouldn't want to redshirt for no reason.

Advertisement
Back