Corn Elder Committed

Advertisement
My boy up in Tennesse who does a ton with recruiting said Corn is Duke Johnson special. Said we got a steal. I just wish he played LB or DT.

I just watched his Hudl highlights and, ****. He really does look like Duke with his ability to cut without losing speed. Their ankles must be made from something different than the rest of us.

Corn's mental game seems similar to Duke, too.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/158423/cornelius-elder

When Able was asking me about him after he signed, I told him he was Tennessee's Duke.

I live about 15 minutes away from Ensworth, and work with a lady who's son was a starter for Ensworth this past season. His words on Corn were bull****, but I'll share nonetheless:

"Can't take a hit."

TN and Vandy wanted this guy pretty bad, but I think BBall is what got him to Miami.

Also, this has probably been mentioned, but Ensworth is a pretty prestigious school in this area. We already have one UM player from Ensworth (Fentress), and he worked his *** off to get some legit playing time this past season. If Corn has an ounce of his work ethic, then he'll be just fine. He's clearly a very talented guy. Would like to see him get redshirted this season because I'm not sure he's ready for big boy football immediately. Could be a Duke Johnson type player for us as a redshirt freshmans. I believe he is TN's all time rushing leader, but don't quote me on that. He destroyed the competition as an undersized back (although not by TN standards). Love the pickup, needless to say.

i'm not too far from ensworth myself and i know a guy on their staff. he said the only thing he sees being a potential problem is size. everything else (field vision, instincts, intangibles) are elite.

and the kid can play some pretty good shooty-hoops as well.

Senior Highlights. Gives Jalen Ramsey some love at 5:37

[video=youtube;XAs9awnLlrg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAs9awnLlrg[/video]

Advertisement
Watching his highlights again, and I have an absurd comparison. Because I know there are crazy people on here, I am not saying he is as good or will be as good as him, but his running style reminds me of Reggie Bush.

wtf, dude didnt get tackled in the 3 minutes i watched. about 25 touches and 25 touchdowns of 30 yards or more. wtf

I plan on going to see him play in the State tourney for hoops on Saturday. I'll report back.

Game is at Ensworth at 6:00 pm if any Nashville Canes are interested in checking him out. I've been wanting to go see him play anyway and now I have a legit reason.

Advertisement
Don't know how good his hands are, but he's got a little Peter Warrick in him. More quick than fast. Great cutting ability. Similar frame.

So FSU's five star cornerback already knows what it feels like to be owned by two of our guys.

Sounds good to me.

Advertisement
Don't know how good his hands are, but he's got a little Peter Warrick in him. More quick than fast. Great cutting ability. Similar frame.

Loose hips mane

Seems to be a Golden specialty. Even more accented by the non-recruitment of Quincy Wilson. Golden LOVES wiggle and being able to flip the hips. Coley, Burns, Elder, Nate Dortch...there's a commonality there.

Didnt read thread, but did watch film. Vision, cutback-ability, and acceleration/burst are extremely impressive.

We as a fanbase tend to think that any fast/quick athlete can turn into a punt returner, but this kid looks like he could be a natural at it.

Good pickup, I expect him to be a solid contributor at a minimum.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back