Corn Elder Committed

Advertisement
From the same school as Fentress.

Not sure about Elder, he might of being on some sort of scholarship there. I am sure Fentress's parents have money, if he was a walkon at Miami. The high school they attending is about 25k a year.

Elder was defiantly on scholarship there. I know he is from murfreesboro and played at seigal high his freshman year.

Fentress im not so sure if he was on a full scholarship but im pretty sure he was all state in baseball too or something like that.

Advertisement

Not sure about Elder, he might of being on some sort of scholarship there. I am sure Fentress's parents have money, if he was a walkon at Miami. The high school they attending is about 25k a year.

Yeah. I think Corn was at Siegel Middle in Murfreesboro. Wifeys nephew lives in Murfreesboro, think he's zoned for Riverdale or Blackman, he attends Montgomery Bell Academy.

Elder was defiantly on scholarship there. I know he is from murfreesboro and played at seigal high his freshman year.

Fentress im not so sure if he was on a full scholarship but im pretty sure he was all state in baseball too or something like that.

They put him on scholarship against his will? The ********.

My only worry is that...its not like Tennessee has a lot of skill position guys that excel at the next level.

Last highly regarded Tennessee skill player to be pretty good...Golden Tate?

Last good running back from Tennessee? Gerald Riggs Jr.? And he wasn't even that good.

Tate played at Pope John Paul, same classification as Ensworth. Full of big private schools. Tate is from sunshiney Hendersonville. Corn is from Murfreesboro, we don't sell sunglasses here. Ensworth could go toe to toe with pretty much anybody.

I've never been a fan of Tennessee talent, and I understand the concern. I've been watching Corn for a little over two years and he isn't the normal Tennessee "stud" Best athlete I've seen come out of Middle Tennessee since I've been following recruiting. Good character kid that likes to compete.

Kid put up 3 bills on Jalen Ramsey's D.

quality post.

Advertisement
After re-watching his highlight film, I came away even more impressed then before. Very elusive and his cutback ability is off the charts. His speed is deceptive. It doesn't look like he's moving that fast, but he runs past and separates from everyone on the field. Probably because he's a long strider. His best ability, which I've heard Franchise and others refer to in other players, is changing directions without losing speed. This kid is dynamic

Also liked the little bit of what we saw from him on defense. Good ball skills, closes on the ball and defenders rapidly, and has a little pop as well

I'm sure you know the size of the community relative to football talent isn't hugely important in the deep south. My wife is from a community in Louisiana of 320 people (that's printed on the welcome sign) which is adjacent to a town of maybe 1,500. Their combined local high school has produced four NFL players: Stevie Anderson, Scotty Anderson, Marty Booker, and Charles Scott.

He seems hella laid back...Lee Chambers was laid back like that.

**** shame Lee got corched

Chambers might of be good, but we will never know, but his HS was little bitty. I have been to Coffeeville, Ms. many time and I bet they didn't have 200 kids, if that in their school. Town only has 900 people in it.

I read months ago from Rivals that he is the best pure athlete in America

Let's just get one thing straight, *******. There's nothing pure about Corn Elder.

There is no sunshine and there are no teddy bears or gummy worms in that man's life.

He comes from a two-parent home. Negged.

/didn't really neg

No he doesn't

Then I relinquish my stance, and **** him to a lack of sunshine.

All-American.

Yeah. I think Corn was at Siegel Middle in Murfreesboro. Wifeys nephew lives in Murfreesboro, think he's zoned for Riverdale or Blackman, he attends Montgomery Bell Academy.

I get gas in Murfreesburo once a year. True story.

Advertisement

Loyal attendee of the Murfreesboro Gas Festival held every summer?

I live about 15 minutes away from Ensworth, and work with a lady who's son was a starter for Ensworth this past season. His words on Corn were bull****, but I'll share nonetheless:

"Can't take a hit."

TN and Vandy wanted this guy pretty bad, but I think BBall is what got him to Miami.

Also, this has probably been mentioned, but Ensworth is a pretty prestigious school in this area. We already have one UM player from Ensworth (Fentress), and he worked his *** off to get some legit playing time this past season. If Corn has an ounce of his work ethic, then he'll be just fine. He's clearly a very talented guy. Would like to see him get redshirted this season because I'm not sure he's ready for big boy football immediately. Could be a Duke Johnson type player for us as a redshirt freshmans. I believe he is TN's all time rushing leader, but don't quote me on that. He destroyed the competition as an undersized back (although not by TN standards). Love the pickup, needless to say.

Advertisement

Loyal attendee of the Murfreesboro Gas Festival held every summer?

Don't crack on my town, Chives. You just recently had your name removed from "The List."

My boy up in Tennesse who does a ton with recruiting said Corn is Duke Johnson special. Said we got a steal. I just wish he played LB or DT.

My boy up in Tennesse who does a ton with recruiting said Corn is Duke Johnson special. Said we got a steal. I just wish he played LB or DT.

I just watched his Hudl highlights and, ****. He really does look like Duke with his ability to cut without losing speed. Their ankles must be made from something different than the rest of us.

Corn's mental game seems similar to Duke, too.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/158423/cornelius-elder

I just watched his Hudl highlights and, ****. He really does look like Duke with his ability to cut without losing speed. Their ankles must be made from something different than the rest of us.

Corn's mental game seems similar to Duke, too.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/158423/cornelius-elder

Has a little John Avery in him

Advertisement
Back