Cormani vs Damari

My first thought is hubris, but I would say in reflection that he’s skipping the part where he finds out which players do and do not buy in (Miami 2022), not taking any chances, and is instead assuming almost no one would buy in and thus replacing them all, right away.
His ego is pretty spot on... He was taping a show throughout the process and talked about how he was bringing in "Gucci" and all that noise...
Remember what he did to Mark Pope?.. Shock value for the camera...

Advertisement
His ego is pretty spot on... He was taping a show throughout the process and talked about how he was bringing in "Gucci" and all that noise...
Remember what he did to Mark Pope?.. Shock value for the camera...
That was despicable.

And the Gucci that he brought in? His roster has 10 blue chip players. His son is considered one. Hunter and McClain are two more. Three others are wide receivers, two are running backs.

He has no blue chip offensive linemen, and is understaffed there. He overloaded at wide receiver, presumably to present his son in the best possible light for a future NFL career. No blue chip defensive tackles, defensive ends, or safeties. These aren’t scrubs - many are very veteran players, but with limited additional upside.

That was despicable.

And the Gucci that he brought in? His roster has 10 blue chip players. His son is considered one. Hunter and McClain are two more. Three others are wide receivers, two are running backs.

He has no blue chip offensive linemen, and is understaffed there. He overloaded at wide receiver, presumably to present his son in the best possible light for a future NFL career. No blue chip defensive tackles, defensive ends, or safeties. These aren’t scrubs - many are very veteran players, but with limited additional upside.
Agreed...

/Well, in true CIS fashion, if Cormani signs elsewhere, watch this site justify that Damari is better. But if he does sign with us, then Cormani will be a surefire top 5 pick.

//Anyways, interesting question that I don't have the answer to. I just wanted to be a smart ***.
My two cents on cormani is he's a long term piece that once he fills out has all of the tools to play at a very high level. Far as damari goes he doesn't project at corner as highly(long term)as cormani. But damari is ready to play PHYSICALLY right now opposed to buddy having to fill out his frame substantially.

What I do not understand is the reasoning behind casting aside 70 existing players if the end result is exactly the same as if you kept ….let’s say 30 players from last years team. The optics are terrible.

Totally agree.
Colorado better hope he put some thought into the class distribution of those 70 players because after the counter limit is back in place it is going to be hard to replace say 50 guys in 1 class.

Advertisement
Colorado better hope he put some thought into the class distribution of those 70 players because after the counter limit is back in place it is going to be hard to replace say 50 guys in 1 class.
To be fair, I think he has.

26 players have 4 or more years of college experience.

About a dozen have 3 or more years of college experience.

I think they’re well placed for a return to a 25 IC limit in the 2025
class.

My first thought is hubris, but I would say in reflection that he’s skipping the part where he finds out which players do and do not buy in (Miami 2022), not taking any chances, and is instead assuming almost no one would buy in and thus replacing them all, right away.

I can understand this but I still think it’s a disservice to kids that might’ve bought in. I think you need year 1 building together then trim the fat. Making assumptions, well you know the saying.

Back to Cormani vs Damari. I liked Damari more as a prospect to begin with just never expected we’d land him. At least to me it was a quiet recruitment and I never realized we were much in.

Back to CO. I hope Deion is an unmitigated disaster mostly for the egg on the medias face we would get to relish in.

I can understand this but I still think it’s a disservice to kids that might’ve bought in. I think you need year 1 building together then trim the fat. Making assumptions, well you know the saying.

Back to Cormani vs Damari. I liked Damari more as a prospect to begin with just never expected we’d land him. At least to me it was a quiet recruitment and I never realized we were much in.

Back to CO. I hope Deion is an unmitigated disaster mostly for the egg on the medias face we would get to relish in.
Oh, absolutely. One hundred percent agree. I’d go beyond a disservice, I think it was cruel.

Vs Jabari
What was that about Jabroni?
The Rock Wrestling GIF by WWE

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back