Cormani out at CU

Advertisement
He’s finding out real quick that having talent doesn’t amount to much if you take it for granted and believe your own hype. There’s a lot of kids out there with talent. The next great one is only a year away.
Hes finding out when coaches find out u aint as talented as initially thought. When they figure out u a regular player u lose all the power

Advertisement
That’s Polk county for you. Bust after bust after bust coming out of the area. Terrible support for the youth around there along with no guidance. Bunch of vultures who don’t set these kids up for success.
It is so bad in this area. No parent support from pop warner through high school. Coaches having to pick up kids for every practice and game. My son played for about 6 years with mostly the same kids and some of them we have never met their parents. It is sad.

It is so bad in this area. No parent support from pop warner through high school. Coaches having to pick up kids for every practice and game. My son played for about 6 years with mostly the same kids and some of them we have never met their parents. It is sad.
You raise a very sad point the lack of fatherhood in this country.

There’s never been illegitimate kids only illegitimate parents.

The major cause for the ills in this country we witness everyday.

Advertisement
Outside of the maturity aspect, I’m curious if G5 schools are hesitant knowing if he has an ounce of success on the field, he’ll be right back in the portal looking for a bag.

Good point. I wouldn’t go after this kid if I were a coach at any program. Who wants to voluntarily bring this baggage for a surefire 1 year rental.

Polk straight up doesn't care or have funds to make meaningful change. I'm in the shadows of Kathleen high. 11 years. Both my son's play over in Tampa. Personally I'd prefer them out here. But the schools are a disaster. Sans the private church types.

Agreed.

It was Chris Rock who said:

“In the black community you get more respect coming out of jail than you do coming out of college.”

Wow if that doesn’t tell a whole lot of the story.

Advertisement
Polk straight up doesn't care or have funds to make meaningful change. I'm in the shadows of Kathleen high. 11 years. Both my son's play over in Tampa. Personally I'd prefer them out here. But the schools are a disaster. Sans the private church types.

Yeah, been that way for as long as I can remember. Family friends moved from Orlando to Lakeland in the late 1970s, we used to go over and visit them all the time. My mom's friend worked in Tampa and made the commute, because it was cheaper to live in Polk.

Cormani needs to learn to make his own decisions. Listening to his mom and all these stories makes me actually have empathy for him. He just doesn’t know any better. In five years he’ll be a cautionary tale on some YouTube ‘where are they now?’ video.

Advertisement
Yeeesh

1000002452.gif

Yeah, been that way for as long as I can remember. Family friends moved from Orlando to Lakeland in the late 1970s, we used to go over and visit them all the time. My mom's friend worked in Tampa and made the commute, because it was cheaper to live in Polk.
My unc started on longboat, 74 ish. Grabbed 12 of the original Barnum Bailey cottages. I may enjoy the tax benefits but I cringe I didn't buy when I could have. 2 different worlds. Uncs one of the originals restaurants on the key.

Advertisement
Back