Cormani out at CU

Advertisement
@Dwinstitles you and @hoops156 were trying to give me the business about this dude in the past.

I interested in your updated takes on the situation now to see if and what has changed.

Attachments

• IMG_9514.png
    IMG_9514.png
    261 KB · Views: 0
The way CU and their fanbase are doing Cormani is insane. I realize he isn’t a take for various reasons, but if this dude apologized to the staff for what went down last year and humbled himself, I’d be open to pulling him at a huge discount, because I have to imagine the fire burning in him right now is unreal…

The way CU and their fanbase are doing Cormani is insane. I realize he isn’t a take for various reasons, but if this dude apologized to the staff for what went down last year and humbled himself, I’d be open to pulling him at a huge discount, because I have to imagine the fire burning in him right now is unreal…
There’s no fire in that kid. Skated by on raw skill against high school kids. Bag/clout chasing with terrible support system. Should just hope he can get a free degree at this point. We’ve all seen this story before. Even with the highest rated kids. The ones that play games are all busts.

Advertisement
No Way Kg GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

There’s no fire in that kid. Skated by on raw skill against high school kids. Bag/clout chasing with terrible support system. Should just hope he can get a free degree at this point. We’ve all seen this story before. Even with the highest rated kids. The ones that play games are all busts.
Agree, def seen this story before, but I’ve never seen any one of them publicly humiliated/shamed during their freshmen year the way this dude has been. I think that might ignite something. Like maybe this level of scrutiny might force him to put in the work. I know it’s unlikely, but starting to feel it’s worth taking a look and re evaluating, especially if he’s ready to take next to nothing to prove himself. But again, understand why Mario wouldn’t.

Last edited:
Cormani will be just fine if he can get on with the right program & avoid going home to visit. I don’t think he is a bad seed, just weak/naive & too easily influenced.
Alexa - tell me how bad seeds are grown

Advertisement
Im sure Deion learned a valuable lesson himself in all this. Just because they have 5*s by their name..you also have to actually do your homework on these kids and their parents and their handlers. And also where they are at mentally. Deion swooped in so fast and snatched Cormani there is no way he took any time to actually vet him. He just saw he was the #1 CB in the country and thats all that mattered to him. Everyone wont come perfectly gift wrapped like Travis Hunter.

We had DVD as his "mentor" so we were prepared. Deion just introduced him to Gillie and Wallo and Lil Wayne and thought he was good to go from there. Smh.
Lakeland boy 🤷‍♂️ how’s the other Lakeland. Over rated db doing the x fsu db
i believe he’s a take still , we need cbs and it possible this might have woke him up to the real world

Advertisement
Jeremiah smith was a loss. This kid is toxic and we won by missing out on him. Everyone who knew anything said he had maturity issues. Damari is better

What in the ****? Are you confusing Jeremiah Smith with Cormani McClain?

Advertisement

I'm not defending Cormani.

But think about this.

Moron Colorado guy mentions how Colorado was getting torched all year on the crossing patterns. Okayyyy...so maybe, just maybe, it's not all about Cormani. Maybe it's a terrible Colorado defense. Maybe it's a terrible Colorado coaching staff (that includes an NFL HOF defensive back). Maybe it's all the transfers they are trying to blend together instead of teaching and building the HS recruits. Maybe it's because they are putting a true freshman on the field who hasn't yet gained enough weight or learned enough of the defense to be a freaking shutdown corner. Yet.

Again, I don't really like Cormani, and I'm certainly not defending him.

But if your own coaching staff wants to take video of a 5-star true freshman making mistakes during practice, and then leak that video to the press...

Yeah, anyone with a brain knows that the true problem is self-promoter Coacn Neon and his substance-free hype show.

And then we've got porsters like @cenoc918 trying to tell us what a good coach Neon is. He literally kept bad video of a player during practice, so that one day he could leak it to the press to humiliate the kid.

Leader of men...

I'm not defending Cormani.

But think about this.

Moron Colorado guy mentions how Colorado was getting torched all year on the crossing patterns. Okayyyy...so maybe, just maybe, it's not all about Cormani. Maybe it's a terrible Colorado defense. Maybe it's a terrible Colorado coaching staff (that includes an NFL HOF defensive back). Maybe it's all the transfers they are trying to blend together instead of teaching and building the HS recruits. Maybe it's because they are putting a true freshman on the field who hasn't yet gained enough weight or learned enough of the defense to be a freaking shutdown corner. Yet.

Again, I don't really like Cormani, and I'm certainly not defending him.

But if your own coaching staff wants to take video of a 5-star true freshman making mistakes during practice, and then leak that video to the press...

Yeah, anyone with a brain knows that the true problem is self-promoter Coacn Neon and his substance-free hype show.

And then we've got porsters like @cenoc918 trying to tell us what a good coach Neon is. He literally kept bad video of a player during practice, so that one day he could leak it to the press to humiliate the kid.

Leader of men...
In all fairness, I believe that video has been out since last fall camp when he first reported. I don’t think you can blame the CU staff for Cormani transferring nor do I think you can blame the kid. Sometimes a school isn’t a good fit for a kid and vis versa. We should know that. We deal with a lot of transfers too. It’s been that way since Golden. Hopefully Cormani finds the right program and develops. He has 3 more years to do so.

In all fairness, I believe that video has been out since last fall camp when he first reported. I don’t think you can blame the CU staff for Cormani transferring nor do I think you can blame the kid. Sometimes a school isn’t a good fit for a kid and vis versa. We should know that. We deal with a lot of transfers too. It’s been that way since Golden. Hopefully Cormani finds the right program and develops. He has 3 more years to do so.

Oh, so you are justifying it by pointing out that Neon leaked the video months ago, and is merely recirculating it now?

Yeah, that fixes everything...

Neon is a scumbag piece of ****. He just is. He might ALSO do a few good things once in a while, but it doesn't change the fact that he has been a scumbag piece of **** for 40 years.

He is a very talented scumbag piece of ****, but I think we all know about his talent.

Advertisement
Back