Cormani out at CU

That's what he wants people to believe it's he's a players coach. I'm all the years I've known deion I'd say what he is first and foremost is an opportunist. He's all about what benefits him and his. Anything else is collateral damage. What Cormani was guilty of is letting him slimy *** old girl take charge and as a result, he got what he got.

i represent a few athletes and entertainers, once the girl du jour gets involved, all relationships tend to sour and everything goes to ****

Advertisement
That's what he wants people to believe it's he's a players coach. I'm all the years I've known deion I'd say what he is first and foremost is an opportunist. He's all about what benefits him and his. Anything else is collateral damage. What Cormani was guilty of is letting him slimy *** old girl take charge and as a result, he got what he got.
They got pimped, it was all a con. The sad part is that so many people refuse to see that it's all a con. Everything Deion does is about furthering his own ends, it's always been that way.

He would’ve given Colorado 2 years of free publicity and record number of applications. If he leaves obviously a lot of that attention will go with him but there will be residual effects regarding applications with more kids applying there than they would’ve if he never went there in the first place. That’s not even factoring in the amount of merch they sold that they never would’ve, Game day or attendance, etc, As I said, financially it has already paid off for the University.
When your program is worse off talent wise than it was BEFORE he showed up, he refuses to recruit anything at the HS level so there isn't any depth, the fleeting increase of applications won't matter nearly as much. Selling a couple extra t-shirts won't matter when you are back to being 3-9 or worse for the next decade, because nothing he built was sustainable. CU won the press conference, they likely won't be winning many games.

Hit the nail on the head here, Deion is and always has been the biggest self promoter. He is only worried about himself, out of all the players on his team outside of his boys he claims Travis hunter as his… is it because he genuinely cares about the kid or because he knows he’ll be a 1st round draft pick that will better his career and current team.

The guy is the absolute worst and is everything wrong with the current landscape in cfb and all these guys making it all about there personal egos

Advertisement
Talent isn’t rare. Elite talent isn’t rare.
Talent is wasted by the ton. Talent ends up being the greatest curse to most players.
You have to look for players that practice like no one is recruiting them. Players that work like a p5 coach is watching even when there is no one watching.
The worst things to say about a player in high school “day 1 starter” “first rounder guaranteed” “generational” “will not be able to keep him off the field”.

As much as I hate Saban he wasn’t lying when he said “it’s rat poison”.

When your program is worse off talent wise than it was BEFORE he showed up, he refuses to recruit anything at the HS level so there isn't any depth, the fleeting increase of applications won't matter nearly as much. Selling a couple extra t-shirts won't matter when you are back to being 3-9 or worse for the next decade, because nothing he built was sustainable. CU won the press conference, they likely won't be winning many games.

Imagine applying to Colorado solely on the basis of Neon Deion being hired, and then your alma mater wins 12 games...over your entire 4 year undergrad tenure...

Advertisement

The program was dead before he got there. While there the program generated additional millions for the University that they otherwise would not have generated. Whether or not the program goes back to being dead after he leaves is irrelevant to my point which is the University already benefited financially.

The program was dead before he got there. While there the program generated additional millions for the University that they otherwise would not have generated. Whether or not the program goes back to being dead after he leaves is irrelevant to my point which is the University already benefited financially.
They've benefited in the short term, won't matter when you are terrible for 10 years. It's about building a sustainable program that can give you those benefits long term. Deion isn't the hire you make as a serious program, it's a celebrity hire that you hope works out. CU has the ability to be a legitimate program, provided they hire the right coach.

Advertisement
Luckily this is one of the areas that Mario is good at. Cormani was a calculated risk because of raw talent, but this is one of the few areas I have complete confidence in Mario with.
bruh Mario and Saban were wrong here to, he probably was a jag but the perfect storm brewed. Sauce was skinny asf and made waves bruh right when this kid gained hype (same body type etc).....took all advantage of it and we would of taken him and he would of most likely been meh

pause

Glad someone sees it, I can see this **** a mile away. Real G's just see these things easily, u cant fool the top of the mob family

They've benefited in the short term, won't matter when you are terrible for 10 years. It's about building a sustainable program that can give you those benefits long term. Deion isn't the hire you make as a serious program, it's a celebrity hire that you hope works out. CU has the ability to be a legitimate program, provided they hire the right coach.

You know what they can do with those additional millions if and when he leaves?? Hire the “right coach”

Advertisement
Hit the nail on the head here, Deion is and always has been the biggest self promoter. He is only worried about himself, out of all the players on his team outside of his boys he claims Travis hunter as his… is it because he genuinely cares about the kid or because he knows he’ll be a 1st round draft pick that will better his career and current team.

The guy is the absolute worst and is everything wrong with the current landscape in cfb and all these guys making it all about there personal egos
probably because Travis Hunter is a florida boy and deion's brand has made him a millionaire. Ive seen him also claim regular mid guys as his guys as well like a current rb on the team who i believe lived with him some in high school.

I mean Deion got the kid to go to Jackosn state is obvious he had his hooks in with Hunter....who was supposed to be UGA Bound.

I’m embarrassed for everyone involved

Including me for clicking that
Don't feel embarrassed, just be glad you aren't that. It looks crazy being that invested in a random child that doesn't know you. Truth is these kids are only responsible for making the best decision for their future and who are we to tell them they are wrong 🤷‍♂️. With that being said **** Deion and thank you Cormani for doing what we all knew you would when you committed. Best of luck on your next endeavour

It saddens me that grown men talking to a kid don't encourage them. "Yo Mani, you messed up bc you got caught in the hype. Let it be a learning experience and position yourself to see which program is actually going to take you to the next level, talent wise. Take it more serious and dedicate the time in your workouts in the off-season. Focus on yourself and future." That's all that needs to be said.

These fools are kicking the dude while he's down.

Advertisement
Back