Cormani out at CU

Advertisement
Remember great players don’t necessarily make great coaches or leaders. I believe the jury is still out on Deon. He is the greatest self promoter of all time, let’s give him that.
I think he recruits the rankings imo he’s a talent getter. I can win that way if u have the eye in the trenches

Advertisement
You probably think strippers like you
The Wire Roland Brice GIF

Advertisement
Remember great players don’t necessarily make great coaches or leaders. I believe the jury is still out on Deon. He is the greatest self promoter of all time, let’s give him that.

There is ZERO correlation between how good a player is/was, and how good they are or can be as a coach. NONE. Zilch. The function, skills, attributes are transferrable only in the most minimally normative of degrees. There’s a reason the great ones end up in a broadcast booth and not on the sidelines wearing a headset carrying a clipboard.

Look at the list of the greatest football coaches of all time. None of them were great as players, and most of them weren’t even good.

Anyone who for a minute thinks there is direct causation really doesn’t know what they are talking about. Completely different jobs. It’s like saying a plumber is the same as being an electrician, because they both are skilled at fixing houses.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There is ZERO correlation between how good a player is/was, and how good they are or can be as a coach. NONE. Zilch. The function, skills, attributes are transferrable only in the most minimally normative of degrees. There’s a reason the great ones end up in a broadcast booth and not on the sidelines wearing a headset carrying a clipboard.

Look at the list of the greatest football coaches of all time. None of them were great as players, and most of them weren’t even good.

Anyone who for a minute thinks there is direct causation really doesn’t know what they are talking about. Completely different jobs. It’s like saying a plumber is the same as being an electrician, because they both are skilled at fixing houses.
Does your theory apply only to college football or coaching in general? Overall I agree with you, but there are a few outliers (as is true of many cases) such as John Wooden and John Thompson in college basketball.

Advertisement
There has to be a statistic on the percentage of kids that play games in their recruitment turning out to be busts. If not, there should be.
It’s pretty high.
Donell Harris
Dereck Hunter
Sam Bruce
Romello Height
Terrence Lewis
I’m sure there are a lot more. From The guys I just mentioned almost all of them were rated top 10 at their position.

I have read he was a crap teammate and didn't wanna work.

However I honestly haven't come across any type of real confirmation of said things.

It's not my choice, if he was a real issue there how can anyone argue it's a take? If he wants id sign up. Just my thoughts

Advertisement
Back