Cormani out at CU

Again, there is no anger here. Our first interaction on this subject was you asking if we were closing the book on Cormani and acting as if the only issue was him "not producing" in his true freshman year. And I very casually and mildly alluded to "lying and game-playing" in BOTH Florida (during his recruitment) and Colorado (during his time there). I also referred to Cormani's work ethic.

And then @Felonious Monk made a pretty harmless and humorous post about learning that it wasn't nice to lie to people when he was in kindergarten. He's a pretty mild-mannered poster, not sure why you went after him over hypocrisy.

This is where you began to question him for being hypocrtical (and I fully expected you to get upvotes from Miami-haters like cway and SayWhat):
View attachment 284625

And I'm not sure if you understand it, but this is kinda the definition of accusing someone of hypocrisy:
View attachment 284626

As for the rest of your post, I'll keep it brief. The Hayes situation was not an "all-timer" (unless you've only been posting for 2 years). Miami fans were happy he took the visit. Florida fans were busy exaggerating the situation.

And on a basic level, you keep getting bogged down in the comparison of details. You are trying to tell me that Citizen is completely different...because he wasn't yet committed...or because he didn't skip a visit...or something...while you miss the more relevant point that Florida has repeatedly and often been "surprised" when their verbals flip their commits to go elsewhere. Because that is the bigger issue.

Cormani committed to Miami. I would not have cared if he flipped somewhere else if that's what he felt was right for him. As I said, Miami wins some and loses some. But there was a lot more to Cormani's behavior than you know. And instead of just listening, or acknowledging that there's no hypocrisy in viewing Cormani's behavior as worse, you've invested in some weird effort to create a false equivalency to Adarius Hayes.

Whatever, knock yourself out. Cormani "had a bad production year" at Colorado. Miami has no good reason to be uninterested in Cormani. Believe what you want to believe. None of us really believe what we type, we're all just wearing Cane Shades. You're the only honest guy on the board, and you are keeping it real.

Sure Jan GIF

Advertisement
So again I was talking to one guy and you somehow read what i said and you quoted me as saying “you ****head Miami fans are hypocritical” which I’m guessing you just made up for dramatic effect or else it would be in these screenshots

which again I was talking to one guy who used the example of telling someone you’d be somewhere which you had no intention of being there…..which save the world salad about “changing his mind” is exactly what Hayes did when he landed in Miami without telling UF coaches and they were knocking on his door lol

you don’t gotta cape up for the kid it is what it is and we landed him and got a nice kick outta trolling the gates
The part that seems to get you ruffled is that I have a problem that he lied to our staff. So let's take that completely out of the equation. He's a 6'2" 165 pound player who's shown nothing to date on the field. His current head coach has publicly stated that he doesn't give the off field effort needed to succeed. We can, and will, do better.

Advertisement
The part that seems to get you ruffled is that I have a problem that he lied to our staff. So let's take that completely out of the equation. He's a 6'2" 165 pound player who's shown nothing to date on the field. His current head coach has publicly stated that he doesn't give the off field effort needed to succeed. We can, and will, do better.

Now that argument has far more merit than you not wanting him because he misled our staff in recruiting

But again he was just a true FR, a certainly immature one at that. A lot of ballers in the history of the game didn’t produce their first year on campus, could he be one? Perhaps. Could he be a kid who ends up working at McDonald’s in a couple years certainly

That's all well and good, but he still did them dirty. I don't care, but call it what it is, being dishonest and playing the game. Happens all the time too and if you have to write a book about it, you're trying too hard to clean it up.

Yup

Dudes in here blowing a blood vessel telling people to SHUT UP and typing novels trying to convince people it isn’t the same lol

He just can’t see it though his cane shades because 1 kid we landed and the other we didn’t.

Now that argument has far more merit than you not wanting him because he misled our staff in recruiting

But again he was just a true FR, a certainly immature one at that. A lot of ballers in the history of the game didn’t produce their first year on campus, could he be one? Perhaps. Could he be a kid who ends up working at McDonald’s in a couple years certainly
So basically the argument I made when you first decided to respond to me.

1710509839065.png

What a dopey response by you.

If you want to talk to one guy, and one guy alone, without anyone else commenting, try Direct Messages.

Nobody is caping for anyone. Except you, for Cormani. Which is why I responded to you in the first place. Play back the tape, genius.

I see you still can’t find what you quoted me as saying. It’s all good buddy you got all bent out of shape because you thought I said something I never said….I forgive you

33582116-93e4-436f-883b-b97c2d1b2de5_text.gif

Advertisement
So basically the argument I made when you first decided to respond to me.

View attachment 284654

And we probably would have ended it there until you added your reason about not wanting a kid who lies during his recruitment which obviously should have just said you don’t want a kid who only lies to us and we could have cleared up all this confusion

And your buddy wouldn’t have broken his keyboard

And we probably would have ended it there until you added your reason about not wanting a kid who lies during his recruitment which obviously should have just said you don’t want a kid who only lies to us and we could have cleared up all this confusion

And your buddy wouldn’t have broken his keyboard
Because it compounds the situation.

And you would have been so upset if people welcomed your son back here with open arms.

Because it compounds the situation.

And you would have been so upset if people welcomed your son back here with open arms.

I’ve said all along I trust Mario’s decision either way, you can go back and screenshot that if you want lol

And im pretty sure if he did decide to bring him in I wouldn’t be upset, think you are thinking of your buddy and his email group

Advertisement
I’ve said all along I trust Mario’s decision either way, you can go back and screenshot that if you want lol

And im pretty sure if he did decide to bring him in I wouldn’t be upset, think you are thinking of your buddy and his email group
Autocorrect. should have been wouldn't.

Why do you place so much value on Cormani? What has he shown you to justify taking a chance?

Autocorrect. should have been wouldn't.

Why do you place so much value on Cormani? What has he shown you to justify taking a chance?

The same value talent wise I place on pancake honcho. A kid with elite talent out of HS that I think if with the right coaching and environment has sky high potential

Advertisement
The same value talent wise I place on pancake honcho. A kid with elite talent out of HS that I think if with the right coaching and environment has sky high potential
You've seen reports of him not attending meetings, studying, watching film, or preparing? Do cornerbacks usually benefit from a development year? If so, why did Deion play him in 5 games?

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t force him to drink.
Plenty of hall of famers and pro bowlers from crappy programs and coaches.

Plenty of 1st round potential high school talent that never made it to the nfl or never made it to a second contract, or got waived before the first one ended.

I have no idea what type of coaching or what type of environment Colorado has. But I doubt that they don’t allow extra gym or film room time.
I doubt they have rules against being on the practice field to work on your craft.
Plenty of people on here speculating on a dude that may actually start for Colorado this year and prove all of us right or wrong.

The possibility exists that the problem with Cormani isn’t Cormani but Colorado.

Maybe he realized his coach was a clown and wasn’t buying into the BS.

But if indeed he had every opportunity to succeed at Colorado, it just ain’t happening anywhere else.
We give these position coaches way too much credit for developing players.
These coaches have extremely limited time actually coaching due to ncaa rules and the time constraints of academics.

If the player does not put in the work there is no coach, facilities, or peers that are gonna make them do it.
And if you have to make them do it instead of them voluntarily doing it, it’s not going to work.

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
Calvin Coolidge

Advertisement
Back