2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to believe Miami's class is underrated, go right ahead. It's never been true before, but maybe the 5th time is the charm, right?

I guess we'll find out in 2 or 3 years if we're playing in the national championship game, then I'll come back on here and say AboutTheU05 was right all along. But somehow I doubt it
The point isn’t about what I believe, it’s that your complaint has nothing to do with Mario specifically. We’ll see what happens but as of now you’re just flailing away emotionally.

It’s not that I blame you, it’s been a rough couple decades. With that said the program is much better off if Mario succeeds so based off his specific past in recruiting we should hope he knows what he’s doing evaluating talent.

Advertisement
Jerry in today’s NFL? Brother, he might avg. 1800 yrds/season. Undoubtedly I’m taking him #1. Jerry is in the discussion for greatest FB player regardless of position. His work ethic is unfathomable. He & Walter may be two guys who didn’t have the greatest natural abilities, (Jerry had horrible hands initially), but their work ethics?? Forget about it.
I find it interesting if there’s an actual discussion between Megatron, Randy, TO, and Jerry in todays NFL who would have the greatest output.

I think Jerry is the GOAT because of his work ethic, but I just think if you put Megatron in todays league and he had the organizational structure the 49rs had and the HC/OC similar to Walsh he had would have had absurd numbers. He mostly did with the trash lions and still made the HOF.

I want to argue with you, but I’m watching a Rickey Henderson show on MLB and I’m consumed with greatness. He was one of the best to ever laces them up on the diamond.

If I think of reasonable football players to add like Lawrence Taylor, I’ll reenter!

What do u want to argue, b/c lord knows we ain’t talking about Cormani anymore. Lol

The point isn’t about what I believe, it’s that your complaint has nothing to do with Mario specifically. We’ll see what happens but as of now you’re just flailing away emotionally.

It’s not that I blame you, it’s been a rough couple decades. With that said the program is much better off if Mario succeeds so based off his specific past in recruiting we should hope he knows what he’s doing evaluating talent.

I hope Mario succeeds, and I agree the program will be much better off if he does. But what I want to happen and what my eyes are telling me are different things. I haven't seen anything yet from Mario - recruiting, game day coaching, hiring staff, schemes - that would lead me to think we're anywhere closer to being championship level than we were before we hired him.

The best I can say about Mario so far is he's recruited some good offensive linemen. That will get you somewhere, I suppose. But that alone won't get you to the top of the mountain.

Advertisement
It's Mario's fault we went 5-7. Why should he get a pass for a mediocre recruiting result because he also blew the season? That's using failure to excuse another failure. I'm not about that. I don't grade on a curve.
I will give you this. You have been consistent on the top 5 or fail thing from the start. While I think the recruiting is fantastic given a 5-7 season, I also agree that 5-7 is Mario’s doing as he chose the staff, scheme and approach he chose so it’s on him to dig out from under that.

I hope Mario succeeds, and I agree the program will be much better off if he does. But what I want to happen and what my eyes are telling me are different things. I haven't seen anything yet from Mario - recruiting, game day coaching, hiring staff, schemes - that would lead me to think we're anywhere closer to being championship level than we were before we hired him.

The best I can say about Mario so far is he's recruited some good offensive linemen. That will get you somewhere, I suppose. But that alone won't get you to the top of the mountain.
So is it fair then to reevaluate this based on 2023 results with what we know will be a completely revamped player roster?

What do u want to argue, b/c lord knows we ain’t talking about Cormani anymore. Lol

I’d like to argue about all time #1s in football but Rice is so strong, I’d have to regroup and start making excuses or criteria, lol

LT checks boxes but I’m not willing to put that hat in the ring without more thought

I find it interesting if there’s an actual discussion between Megatron, Randy, TO, and Jerry in todays NFL who would have the greatest output.

I think Jerry is the GOAT because of his work ethic, but I just think if you put Megatron in todays league and he had the organizational structure the 49rs had and the HC/OC similar to Walsh he had would have had absurd numbers. He mostly did with the trash lions and still made the HOF.

As a Bears fan, I’m bitter towards Mega & his tron! Lol. As a Canes fan, I’m bitter about him too! Lol.

Calvin is, man; if Sean Taylor was Meast as a Defensive Player, Calvin is Meast as an Offensive player. Like seriously, imma have to sit on this for a little bit. I got Jerry, Calvin, @ Randy in today’s NFL, who’s going #1? Yikes.

Advertisement
If you want to believe Miami's class is underrated, go right ahead. It's never been true before, but maybe the 5th time is the charm, right?

I guess we'll find out in 2 or 3 years if we're playing in the national championship game, then I'll come back on here and say AboutTheU05 was right all along. But somehow I doubt it
Clearly you are not or don’t care to read or understand what some are saying.
1) we have not had that many top 10 classes period if it ends up 7th overall that is still a **** good class.
2) if recruiting consistently stays at this level these years to come the talent overall will be good enough to compete, and the effect will be that we will get some higher ranked classes as well
3) and this is important one should analyze each class for it’s strengths and weaknesses at each position and then determine their outlook based on it and not just a blanket statement, unless you are already predisposed to an opinion and you only wish to support your narrative

For example in my opinion, this team is a gut job and needed to he revamped. Football is and always will be won at the line of scrimmage. You want to compete for championships you win at the line. All the other pretty things like spread offense or pretty DB’s and WR’s? Yes we need to add quality players. But if you are not winning at the line it doesn’t mean crap what you have at wideout or RB or in the secondary.

With that when analyzing what is being done with this class and last, a clear infusion of superior talent is being added. This is arguably one of the top o line classes in the country, we have added a lot of quality talent at D line, though at DT we do need a little more. LB has been addressed as well.

You win at the line first and foremost, it is as true today as it was yesterday, regardless of scheme, regardless of X’s and O’s

This class addressed that in superior fashion.

So yes it may not end up a top 5 class overall, but where it matters most in football it is a top 5 class in the trenches. And that will payoff dividends if we consistently recruit like that year in year out

I’d like to argue about all time #1s in football but Rice is so strong, I’d have to regroup and start making excuses or criteria, lol

LT checks boxes but I’m not willing to put that hat in the ring without more thought
You gotta have #1s specifically for OLB and ILB because Ray and LT belong at the top for different reasons even though both are linebackers

I’d like to argue about all time #1s in football but Rice so strong, I’d have to regroup and start making excuses or criteria, lol

Man, it’s a tough call. I’m a HUGE LT fan just b/c of Tecmo Bowl alone! The muh fcka was unstoppable! He & Bo Jackson were cheat codes on the game & real life.

Speaking of Bo; I had the pleasure of meeting him yrs ago at an autograph signing & I told him if his career didn’t wind up getting cut short, imo he would’ve been in two HOFs, & arguably the greatest sports player, ever. I stand by that.

Was a dumb battle to pick on my part, honestly. Fighting everyone's desire to believe that everything is fine and we're on the right track. What I'm suggesting is that the future looks bleaker than we thought, and that's the medicine nobody wants to take.
Why is the future bleaker than fans think? There’s plenty of evidence to the contrary.

1) Best recruiting class in the past 20 years, at least, even without Cormani
2) Significant upgrade to facilities to put the program on par with the SEC
3) A competent, big-time hire at AD
4) One of the best NIL collectives in the country
5) Modern football program with analysts and a Chief of Staff
6) Discussions about building a new stadium
7) The best recruiting HC since Butch

Now, are there some criticisms that Mario deserves? 100%. We still have holes in the roster and I guess Gattis is going to stay? The 5-7 season was a complete disaster. What will the 2nd year look like? If Mario goes 10-3, 9-4 next year with a noticeable improvement over last year - we’ll take that along with another monster class. The future at Miami is brighter than it’s been in 20 years.

Advertisement
I will give you this. You have been consistent on the top 5 or fail thing from the start. While I think the recruiting is fantastic given a 5-7 season, I also agree that 5-7 is Mario’s doing as he chose the staff, scheme and approach he chose so it’s on him to dig out from under that.

I never blasted Mario during the season like so many others did, and I won't next season as well. Because I'm old enough to have lived through the Canes glory years, when you had exactly two types of seasons possible - championship seasons, and throwaway seasons. Nobody cared about finishing top 10 in anything. You're either the best or you're not.

That's the standard I'm interested in getting back to. The minute I believe it's not possible is the minute I stop following the Canes. So I never cared about the '22 season, because it was destined to be a throwaway year from the start. I feel similarly about next year as well - we ain't winning ****, so whatever we do in the portal or coaching wise doesn't mean **** to me. The only thing I care about at this point in the rebuild is high school recruiting. Mario needs to stack at least 3-4 top 5 classes to even have Miami in the hunt. And if Mario doesn't go top 5 this year, then all it does is reset the clock and make not only next year a throwaway season, but the season after that as well.

This is a good class if you're interested in ACC play. It's not a good class if you're interested in beating Georgia. If we don't finish top 5, then the earliest we can stack enough good classes to compete for anything that matters would be 2026.

Cmt I Know Hes Trying GIF by I Love Kellie Pickler

Bruh what
It's alot bro but im not gonna post the text messages on this board

Man, it’s a tough call. I’m a HUGE LT fan just b/c of Tecmo Bowl alone! The muh fcka was unstoppable! He & Bo Jackson were cheat codes on the game & real life.

Speaking of Bo; I had the pleasure of meeting him yrs ago at an autograph signing & I told him if his career didn’t wind up getting cut short, imo he would’ve been in two HOFs, & arguably the greatest sports player, ever. I stand by that.
Best 2 sport athlete ever. It ain't even close...

Advertisement
Why is the future bleaker than fans think? There’s plenty of evidence to the contrary.

1) Best recruiting class in the past 20 years, at least, even without Cormani
2) Significant upgrade to facilities to put the program on par with the SEC
3) A competent, big-time hire at AD
4) One of the best NIL collectives in the country
5) Modern football program with analysts and a Chief of Staff
6) Discussions about building a new stadium
7) The best recruiting HC since Butch

Now, are there some criticisms that Mario deserves? 100%. We still have holes in the roster and I guess Gattis is going to stay? The 5-7 season was a complete disaster. What will the 2nd year look like? If Mario goes 10-3, 9-4 next year with a noticeable improvement over last year - we’ll take that along with another monster class. The future at Miami is brighter than it’s been in 20 years.

A class ranked 5-10 is not good enough to compete for national titles, which is the only thing that matters to me. Maybe things improve, but I don't care about that. 10 wins or 5 wins is all the same to me. If we're not competing for natty's, we're not Miami.

These are total biased post I’m here for.

Much rather spend big for portal players because you know they have earned it. These high school divas with their massive Nil demands and games before they have played a down of college football ain't it.

A class ranked 5-10 is not good enough to compete for national titles, which is the only thing that matters to me. Maybe things improve, but I don't care about that. 10 wins or 5 wins is all the same to me. If we're not competing for natty's, we're not Miami.
Spoiler alert.... Miami will never compete for nattys again. We will compete for conference championships and New Year 6 bowl games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back