2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol anyways hopefully kid just wants to build suspense prior to signing with us

If he was trying to "shock the world" like Hunter did, I don't think he'd be hinting about flipping to Bama. More likely he'd post a lot of UM stuff and then announce his new school out of nowhere. That would get a lot more attention and press than everyone thinking, "Well he's obviously going to Bama since he posted a photo with Bama recruits."

Advertisement
I might get hate but you don’t make coaching changes just for one player .
Agree, but the addendum I would add to this specific situation is - DVD has earned his position on the field and I really don't see how he'd be worse than what we've been dealing with anyway AND it would increase his already formidable recruiting powers.

Agree, but the addendum I would add to this specific situation is - DVD has earned his position on the field and I really don't see how he'd be worse than what we've been dealing with anyway AND it would increase his already formidable recruiting powers.
Addae has soured with both recruits & parents...DVD is loved by both. Huge difference. Rumph, as @Brooklyndee has spoken on, can help DVD with any coaching needed.

Advertisement

I'm gonna disagree with you.

If you think a player can transform a team you absolutely make that call. Position coaches turn over like crazy, especially if they're good. You'll likely have your player longer than your coach. But you need to be sure that the player is a 1st rounder type.

Addae has soured with both recruits & parents...DVD is loved by both. Huge difference. Rumph, as @Brooklyndee has spoken on, can help DVD with any coaching needed.
I kind of find a parallel to this with starting a slow upperclassman as your kick returner. We've done that before and then the "safe, but slow bet" still fumbles the ball at a crucial point in the game. You start going, "Why am I not going with the young, but unproven talented guy?"

Last edited:
Advertisement
What a soap opera this kid's recruitment has become. Intentional or not, that's exactly how this specific recruitment is playing out.

Best bet for us fans is to remain patient, because the kid doesn't have to do anything this week.
Feels like this was more created by the fans and all the different rumors floating around. Obviously him delaying the signing and not mentioning much about it has led to a lot of the speculation but for the most part the kid has been super quiet and drama free...

Everyone has their analysts coaching nowadays, half the reason practice is always closed. Even if there is no on field spot available for Rumph, just pay that man well as an analyst and let him do work with the DBs in practice. DVD can learn from him on the job and go heavy on the recruiting side.

Feels like this was more created by the fans and all the different rumors floating around. Obviously him delaying the signing and not mentioning much about it has led to a lot of the speculation but for the most part the kid has been super quiet and drama free...

Yeah, I get that may be the case. That's why I said, "Intentional or not."

Sucks for him if that is indeed the case, but at this point, it's moot. We're just going to have to wait around and be patient at this point.

Advertisement
Everyone has their analysts coaching nowadays, half the reason practice is always closed. Even if there is no on field spot available for Rumph, just pay that man well as an analyst and let him do work with the DBs in practice. DVD can learn from him on the job and go heavy on the recruiting side.
@Brooklyndee has already alluded to this last week. Mike is an upgrade at coaching corners over Addae. Especially a Tandem of Mike & DVD.

Top 3 recruit in the country regardless of position and the coach is already under heavy scrutiny for being a bad teacher and recruiter? AND there is a better, less expensive coach already on staff and waiting for his opportunity? Yeah, you make that change yesterday.

I agree though I don’t know enough about the inner workings about DVD and his performance to say that’s what’s happening here

But those comments about how our CBs were clowning DVD during Mannys last year were something to note as well

And yes (for people ready to overreact) I understand bad culture and blah blah blah, just saying its something that was out there

Advertisement
Rumph wasn’t all that at coaching either. Why not go out and get a stud to coach DB’s. DVD is doing great as a recruiter, that’s his edge.
It seemed like he was and then in his last season, it seemed he wasn't. I think the jury is out. With a stacked room, I'd give him another shot, but NOT instead of DVD. We need DVD to stay with us as long as we can keep him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back