2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
on that same note marvin Harrison junior was only a top 100 kid because of his name. He didn’t really come along as far as ranking until hartline was on him and even still he was the 14th ranked WR. We’ve had people of that similar ranking here. Show me our marvin harrison
Is Harrison Jr. the best example of college development when his father, who is much smaller than his son, most definitely gave him invaluable lessons from 12 to 18 that recruiting rankings did not take into account? He looked great as a freshman in the Rose Bowl. He just had other, older great WRs ahead of him like Miami used to have with RBs

Looking at his HS stats he produced very well. Maybe some recruiting journos thought Kyle McCord boosted his ability. It is clear now he was underranked

Advertisement
Is Harrison Jr. the best example of college development when his father, who is much smaller than his son, most definitely gave him invaluable lessons from 12 to 18 that recruiting rankings did not take into account? He looked great as a freshman in the Rose Bowl. He just had other, older great WRs ahead of him like Miami used to have with RBs

Looking at his HS stats he produced very well. Maybe some recruiting journos thought Kyle McCord boosted his ability. It is clear now he was underranked
Yes he’s the best example because your father being good doesn’t mean you’re an all world prospect, ala Frank gore jr. Marv was extremely raw. Everyone knew him working to get better was a given because of his father but putting up raw stats in hs was a byproduct of freaky genes it doesn’t always indicate skill level.

Yes he’s the best example because your father being good doesn’t mean you’re an all world prospect, ala Frank gore jr. Marv was extremely raw. Everyone knew him working to get better was a given because of his father but putting up raw stats in hs was a byproduct of freaky genes it doesn’t always indicate skill level.
I did not imply the bolded. I am talking about Harrison passing on route timing, film analyzation, practice habits and little tricks that hall of famers gain over time.

I think Hartline is a good to great WR Coach. His personality and experience make his group standout. Still, I do not think his coaching of Harrison Jr. is the best case for his development.

IMO Harrison Jr. catching passes from a top 5 qb recruit, Kyle McCord, overshadowed his accomplishments. To me, without knowing the competition level, a WR who breaks all league’s records is not ”extremely raw.” According to his 247 profile, the recruiting journos already touted him as a great route runner with great hands in HS. They said strength was his weakness.

Finished his career with 2,625 receiving yards and 37 touchdowns, both of which were Philadelphia Catholic League records

Agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I did not imply the bolded. I am talking about Harrison passing on route timing, film analyzation, practice habits and little tricks that hall of famers gain over time.

I think Hartline is a good to great WR Coach. His personality and experience make his group standout. Still, I do not think his coaching of Harrison Jr. is the best case for his development.

IMO Harrison Jr. catching passes from a top 5 qb recruit, Kyle McCord, overshadowed his accomplishments. To me, without knowing the competition level, a WR who breaks all league’s records is not ”extremely raw.” According to his 247 profile, the recruiting journos already touted him as a great route runner with great hands in HS. They said strength was his weakness.

Agree to disagree.
Ehh we’ll just have to agree to disagree on Marv jr in general but I understand the overall point you’re trying to make. Before Marv committed to Ohio state he didn’t even have a scouting report written. I don’t believe it came until after he committed and they ranked him as a potential 4th rounder. I’ll take what they say with a grain of salt sometimes

Kevin Steele, Charlie Strong, Jahmile Addae visiting Cormani in Lakeland today.

DVD not permitted to go on the road as an Analyst.
Such a bad look. Mario is as elite as it gets at recruiting but this is amateur hour when it comes to this situation with DVD. And I understand no one HS player is big enough to force a coaching change. But DVD is beloved in south Florida especially with these elite 24 hometown kids. It’s a domino affect that trickles way beyond Cormani if he’s not promoted to on field soon.

exactly
but the gap between TCU and UGA is way bigger than Miama and OSU that year
esp in the trentches
thats where the talent difference really showed during the game
thats why cormani is important
but im more concerned about the lack of elite DTs
True. If I remember correctly that OSU team had like 12 guys drafted in various rounds. Not the superstar talent we had but they were good.

Reactions: jsy
Advertisement
FmUs1GzXwAAVa9F

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back