2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Oh, I agree. That's why I'm hoping we get a little more aggressive in the portal. We need the following

2 WR's
2 DT's
2 CB's as Mani is not coming.

I don't agree with you on the OL unless Zion transfers out. Sure fire starters on OL are below as of now unless we get some additional transfers there as well.

• Cohen
  • Rivers
  • Clark
  • Cooper

My comment about your OL was more to do with where you lined them up. Pre-Spring, I’d have Cohen as a G. And, if Zion returns, I’d have him at LT. If he doesn’t return, then things get shaken up and I’d be curious to see where they shuffle Rivers and what that means for Samson and Mauigoa.

I don't get the they shouldn't play right away thought. Freshmen All-American teams don't have N/A for the tackle positions. Somebody somewhere is playing as a freshman at that position. Both LSU and Texas started true freshman from Day 1 and neither was as highly rated as Francis or Samson. I don't know that Cohen is a better tackle and maybe he takes a guard spot from Rivers who can't stay healthy or Cooper. Nobody was so good enough last year that two elite 5-star tackles shouldn't have their say on what that line looks like.

Freshman's starting on the line of scrimmage is the exception not the rule. I can guarantee you no coach in American is wanting to have to rely on a true freshman to start on the offensive line. Especially at LT which in most cases is the QB's blindside. You want someone that's been in the trenches and your program for a little bit. Do you guys not remember the UF game with freshman Zion and Campbell. ****, I think Williams just took another sack.

Freshman's starting on the line of scrimmage is the exception not the rule. I can guarantee you no coach in American is wanting to have to rely on a true freshman to start on the offensive line. Especially at LT which in most cases is the QB's blindside. You want someone that's been in the trenches and your program for a little bit. Do you guys not remember the UF game with freshman Zion and Campbell. ****, I think Williams just took another sack.
Zion was an undersized tackle we stole from App State. John Campbell wasn't an elite prospect either. They were playing because they wanted Scaife at guard and the other options were Herbert, Hillery or overweight and injury riddled Navaughn.

Francis and Samson are considered future day 1 draft picks potentially. They can and should be in the mix. There isn't a tackle on the roster who is more talented than either. I don't even know if they're early entrants but if they are then first team reps day 1 for both and lets how it shakes out in the spring. Or we can be Miami a place where younger elite players don't get an early shot because older players who are mid, injured and in some cases both are already on the roster.

recap bachelorette GIF

Advertisement
I'm not seeing it my friend. Yes Pancake and Mauigoa are phenomenal freshman to get and start building a great foundation for the future, but don't see them playing right away and they shouldn't. The line of scrimmage is the toughest spot to come in right away and start because it takes a good bit of S&C at the college level to be ready. I'm not counting McClain as I don't believe he's enrolling here.

We know the sure fire starters are the following

• Cohen
  • Rivers
  • Clark
  • Cooper

You don't believe Zion is going to be able to lock down that remaining position over those two incoming freshman? I'll give you Aguirre. Could be placed in the rover position. Excited about him also. Not seeing Bryant. He's going to have to get stronger in the weight room. Bain possible.

• Cohen is good, but not good enough to be guaranteed a spot here.
• Rivers will be coming off of a major injury. Even so, like Cohen he’s good not great.
• Clark is weak at the point of attack. That position needs an upgrade.
• Cooper may be moving to DT if Miami can’t find transfer portal guys. He came in as a LOS recruit. He can be moved to defense and cause problems for an OL.

So what the heck knowing his name has to do with anything
its fairly obvious from his commitment article and all the chatter around it now that he signed up to be coached by DVD not Addae. i assume hes waiting for it to be made public (the DVD promotion)

So you think both of our starting OTs will be true freshmen (Zion loses his spot?) and Aguirre will start at LB over Bissainthe or Maiuoga?

Yes I think both Tackles will be TFr’s. Outside of McCoy, everyone else on this roster is a Guard or doesn’t belong playing P5 football. That’s the honest truth.

Aguirre will take someone’s minutes. Who that is, I don’t know.

Advertisement
Just don't think Mario is the type of guy to promote a staff member just to appease a recruit that still may not end up signing. If Mario feels the staff has merit for the promotion that may be different. I think it's bad precedent to let your staffing decisions be based on the whims of an 18 year old's feelings no matter how talented.

I also understand that maybe Cormani was promised something was going to happen by Mario and it hasn't happened yet. I also don't think Mario is the type of guy to go back on his word. But there may be more to this dynamic than what people outside the program may know why it may not have happened. Perhaps there is a sense that some games are being played and Mario is waiting for a true commitment before following through? I have no idea.
Which is of course how it should be. No coach should be led around by a 17-18 year old kid. He has the entire program to think about not just one kid.

Advertisement
Which is of course how it should be. No coach should be led around by a 17-18 year old kid. He has the entire program to think about not just one kid.

this whole narrative of Cormani giving Mario an ultimatum by the 1/15 which I have heard some suggest on here just seems silly to even consider.

DVD is obviously a valuable asset for the program but maybe he is just not ready to coach yet. I say pay the man and reward him for his efforts but if he is not ready to coach don't just promote him for a recruit's sake.

This could just be smoke for a potential excuse for Cormani or disgruntled fans to use if he doesn't sign. DVD is still very involved in practices and can still be a mentor to the young man. The fact he isn't coaching should not be the end all be all. He wasn't a coach when he committed to DVD and I don't think that some how there was this deal made that DVD would be coach if Cormani signed.

All I can say that if Cormani is trolling his teammates, his coaches, the media, etc. would you even want a guy like that on your team?

That's why I think he will sign with Miami. Because I would just hate to think what kind of toxic character issues a guy like that would bring to the table otherwise. If he leaves, he leaves and good riddance. And just to be clear I have read nothing to suggest he is that type of kid, to the contrary. But this whole thing just seems off to me.

Alex Donno speaks to Brian Smith, SB Nation reporter, about Cormani this morning. He's known Cormani for a few years in his capacity of reporter. He spoke to Cormani casually at the UnderArmour event..

Starts at 14:00 minute mark.

Impossible...No way Cormani comes to UM....Too many posters on CIS say he's not coming...said he's trolling, etc....said he's a Lock to Deion or Saban.....I've got news for them...Lol....

My comment about your OL was more to do with where you lined them up. Pre-Spring, I’d have Cohen as a G. And, if Zion returns, I’d have him at LT. If he doesn’t return, then things get shaken up and I’d be curious to see where they shuffle Rivers and what that means for Samson and Mauigoa.
Don’t know if it was mentioned already but Cohen had stated he expects to play guard.

Advertisement
Barstool has their tongue in Deion's *** for some reason. In addition, he has investors from his show. As others have mentioned recently in this thread. This situation typically doesn't end well for the team that had the initial commitment. I wouldn't count on him coming.
F Portnoy (That POS) and Barstool....let them rot in **** for all I give af...

No he's not....C'mon man. Do you honestly think the holdup is Cormani waiting for public confirmation about DVD getting an on-field role??
I mean do I think that is the ONLY hold up? No. I think there are likely a few issues, some more pressing than other. I do think who is going to coach him could be part of it. I do not doubt you when you are saying you were told there was a school/grade issue but yesterday we had Cribby in his opinion say it comes down to Mario keeping his word. If it was only a school/grade issue I do not understand how both of those statements can be true unless Mario said I dont care if you have a .69 GPA we are getting you in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back