2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
The legend of Javion Cohen is peak CIS.

The guy was losing snaps to a true freshman OL about 6 games into the season. For the uninitiated, that’s the meat of the SEC schedule.

Yes. Miami OL sucks ****. That doesn’t make Cohen some transcendent talent.
No one is saying he's a "transcendent talent", but he would be a high quality starter on the line for 90+% of P5 programs. He is an instant upgrade to our line. He wasnt named 2nd Team SEC because he's mediocre.

Advertisement

The guy was losing snaps to a true freshman OL about 6 games into the season. For the uninitiated, that’s the meat of the SEC schedule.

To be fair, Booker is pretty talented and likely a high 1st rounder when he declares. I'll take an OL from Bama's program that has productive game snaps. Outside of Rivers, who got nicked up, we are sloppy joe mush on the interior OL. I'm not sure it was Cohen was so bad that he had to be replaced, but more so Booker needs more snaps cuz they can't delay his development more and he's ready now.

But certainly Cohen is not some 1st team AA guy that is a top 10 pick that some have created that type of narrative here.

Advertisement

He was having some mental issues, correct? Anyhow, I got this from a the Bama 247 site about him:

Alabama offensive lineman Javion Cohen is taking his talents to South Beach.

Cohen announced Sunday he is transferring to Miami after entering the transfer portal on Dec. 5. In Coral Gables, Fla., Cohen will play for former Crimson Tide assistant Mario Cristobal.

Cohen, a junior, has started 25 of the last 27 games at left guard, including 11 of Alabama’s 12 regular-season games a year ago. He also started 14-of-15 games as a sophomore in 2021 after being named to the SEC All-Freshman Team in 2020, serving as a reserve for an offensive line unit that went on to win not only a national title but also the Joe Moore Award

If he has his head right, I think it's a good bet he starts somewhere on our line.

To be fair, Booker is pretty talented and likely a high 1st rounder when he declares. I'll take an OL from Bama's program that has productive game snaps. Outside of Rivers, who got nicked up, we are sloppy joe mush on the interior OL. I'm not sure it was Cohen was so bad that he had to be replaced, but more so Booker needs more snaps cuz they can't delay his development more and he's ready now.

But certainly Cohen is not some 1st team AA guy that is a top 10 pick that some have created that type of narrative here.

We’re on the same page.

Advertisement
You’re killing me with these
I think they look happy together.

AD51E5A1-5CFD-4C02-9035-B5D00492BC9F.gif

I haven't been following this guy's recruitment like some but I never had suggested a transcendent top 10 talent like @Ghandi said. A starter, on our oline? That seems to me almost a foregone conclusion. Could be wrong. Who cares? Just casual talking.

Advertisement
Again, I was told in a general conversation that the problem was a Grade situation....nothing else was said, and I certainly wasn't going to Dwell any further about "another" coaches business. I find it hard to believe that Cormani is waiting for "Public" confirmation on anything DVD related. That's so retarded, I honestly don't know where to begin. How tf does a DVD promotion made public, mean anything in the Grand scheme of things??...Do you honestly think Cormani told Mario, "I'm not coming, until DVD's promotion is made public??....
he CAN sign early and still have crappy grades. signing early doesnt mean youll qualify. this is why i dont buy the grades thing that someone is feeding as the ONLY reason. it can be more than one. it oculd be that poor grades led to him not EEing which led to him not getting his NIL deal when he thought along with the doubts about DVD being thrown in there from opposing coaches that caused him to maybe hold off on signing till Feb. at the end fo the day, well know in Feb where hes going bc that 1/15 date is bull**** unless he did graduate early.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back