2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until we get a transfer for Clark he's our C. He's the best of the worst that we have currently on the roster. Look at it as the Corey Flagg situation. Cooper was probably our best lineman the last few games last year. Who's replacing him?
I agree on Cooper. I think we are overlooking him. Kid came in the summer and was one our best OL by year end. He’s going to have a full off-season now to get stronger and in better shape.

As for Clark, I think we’re going to atleast bring in someone to compete via the portal. If not, allegedly they were working Rivers at Center a lot early last season. If so, I can see him at Center and Francis starting at one of the OG spots. Either way OL is going to be much better off than last year.

Advertisement
I mean do I think that is the ONLY hold up? No. I think there are likely a few issues, some more pressing than other. I do think who is going to coach him could be part of it. I do not doubt you when you are saying you were told there was a school/grade issue but yesterday we had Cribby in his opinion say it comes down to Mario keeping his word. If it was only a school/grade issue I do not understand how both of those statements can be true unless Mario said I dont care if you have a .69 GPA we are getting you in.
Your welcome to think how you want...that's your prerogative. Mario isn't one to not keep his word. I was told it was a "Grade Issue"...as far as the DVD promise to be given an on-field role, that never once came up in my conversation with 2 people pretty close to the situation...Meaning, I'm pretty sure that so-called demand is the least of the holdup problem.

Your welcome to think how you want...that's your prerogative. Mario isn't one to not keep his word. I was told it was a "Grade Issue"...as far as the DVD promise to be given an on-field role, that never once came up in my conversation with 2 people pretty close to the situation...Meaning, I'm pretty sure that so-called demand is the least of the holdup problem.

I get that and you likewise are able to think how you want. I would also agree with you Mario isn't one to not keep his word. I am also not jumping to a conclusion that his "word" was DVD will be your CB coach and I am promoting him. But let me ask it this way:

1. Would you agree Cribby has been right more often than he has been wrong about the info he brings to the board? I think we can safely both agree this to be true. That then leads to the second question

2. If Cribby is saying it is his opinion Mario needs to keep his word, and we are going to assume (based on his record) that is better than a 50% coin flip of being true, how do you reconcile his comment with it solely being grades? Like how does Mario's word play in to grades? and again I am not saying Mario's word had ANYTHING to do with coaching, but if it is coming down to grades and Mario said something what is that something if the only issue is grades?

That still leaves S, OC and OT. Best part of going 5-7 is you know what needs to be upgraded. Worse part about going 5-7 is you know what needs to be upgraded
I doubt another safety gets added. They really like 18. And Kam is an all American. Idk what happens with JW but if I was him, I’d go get big and love to Rover / Nickle and play more in the box. Center will be taken care of, I don’t think OT will. I think that position is in better shape than you think with the TF and chance Zion comes back… not that bleak, but certainly not the depth we want / need yet

Advertisement
I doubt another safety gets added. They really like 18. And Kam is an all American. Idk what happens with JW but if I was him, I’d go get big and love to Rover / Nickle and play more in the box. Center will be taken care of, I don’t think OT will. I think that position is in better shape than you think with the TF and chance Zion comes back… not that bleak, but certainly not the depth we want / need yet
I've seen it mentioned about moving corners to safety. Just from a depth and experience perspective we are thin. TF are better when they are your best option not just the only option.

I get that and you likewise are able to think how you want. I would also agree with you Mario isn't one to not keep his word. I am also not jumping to a conclusion that his "word" was DVD will be your CB coach and I am promoting him. But let me ask it this way:

1. Would you agree Cribby has been right more often than he has been wrong about the info he brings to the board? I think we can safely both agree this to be true. That then leads to the second question

2. If Cribby is saying it is his opinion Mario needs to keep his word, and we are going to assume (based on his record) that is better than a 50% coin flip of being true, how do you reconcile his comment with it solely being grades? Like how does Mario's word play in to grades? and again I am not saying Mario's word had ANYTHING to do with coaching, but if it is coming down to grades and Mario said something what is that something if the only issue is grades?
Again, I was told in a general conversation that the problem was a Grade situation....nothing else was said, and I certainly wasn't going to Dwell any further about "another" coaches business. I find it hard to believe that Cormani is waiting for "Public" confirmation on anything DVD related. That's so retarded, I honestly don't know where to begin. How tf does a DVD promotion made public, mean anything in the Grand scheme of things??...Do you honestly think Cormani told Mario, "I'm not coming, until DVD's promotion is made public??....

Advertisement
Man DVD has Mario by the balls

Captain Phillips GIF

Cormani to Mario

• Cohen is good, but not good enough to be guaranteed a spot here.
• Rivers will be coming off of a major injury. Even so, like Cohen he’s good not great.
• Clark is weak at the point of attack. That position needs an upgrade.
• Cooper may be moving to DT if Miami can’t find transfer portal guys. He came in as a LOS recruit. He can be moved to defense and cause problems for an OL.

Cohen is not transferring here to sit on the bench. He'll be one of the five starters
I agree on Rivers, but again he and Cohen are probable the best and experienced of what's currently on the roster including the incoming freshman.
As I've mention Clark is our Flagg of the offensive line. He's our center until I see a portal addition.
Cooper is not moving to DT. He was the best lineman we had that last part of the year.

Cohen is not transferring here to sit on the bench. He'll be one of the five starters
I agree on Rivers, but again he and Cohen are probable the best and experienced of what's currently on the roster including the incoming freshman.
As I've mention Clark is our Flagg of the offensive line. He's our center until I see a portal addition.
Cooper is not moving to DT. He was the best lineman we had that last part of the year.

He started at Bama. You mean to tell me he can start there but not here? LOL

Advertisement

• Cohen better be ready to compete in that case. NOBODY in Miami is good enough to be handed a job.
• I agree on Center and the portal, but it shouldn’t need a portal addition to open the competition to the roster. If he wins, anyone in that competition should be told to kick rocks.
• We can disagree on Cooper. You’re right about him being one of the best OL, but that was in spurts after the injuries piled up.

I’ll also concede that my scenario is unlikely, but it is on the table.

He started at Bama. You mean to tell me he can start there but not here? LOL

The legend of Javion Cohen is peak CIS.

The guy was losing snaps to a true freshman OL about 6 games into the season. For the uninitiated, that’s the meat of the SEC schedule.

Yes. Miami OL sucks ****. That doesn’t make Cohen some transcendent talent.

Advertisement
Starters
Okunlola @ LT
Mauigoa @ RT
McClain @ CB
Aguirre @ LB

Significant snaps
Bryant @ Rush LB
Bain on 3rd downs
Play the kids. Agree with all but Aguirre. Wes and Mauigoa will be our backers. He should get plenty of burn. I think Damari Brown could push for a starting spot by seasons end.

• Cohen better be ready to compete in that case. NOBODY in Miami is good enough to be handed a job.
• I agree on Center and the portal, but it shouldn’t need a portal addition to open the competition to the roster. If he wins, anyone in that competition should be told to kick rocks.
• We can disagree on Cooper. You’re right about him being one of the best OL, but that was in spurts after the injuries piled up.

I’ll also concede that my scenario is unlikely, but it is on the table.

Yeah, I’m not under the illusion that Cohen is our next Mt Mckinnie. However, him and Rivers are probably the best overall of an average group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back