2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Coaches are getting paid to recruit, develop and game plan/scheme, or some combination thereof. The elite coaches can do all three. I am excluding head coaches as they have other responsibilities like creating a culture, managing personnel, fund raising, etc.

Is there anybody on the staff that can do two out of three? Maybe Strong? Maybe Steele (develop + scheme)? Addae is suppose to be a technician and ace recruiter. Havent seen either yet. Mirabal can develop players, but can he recruit or does he ride Mario’s coattails? Field? He can recruit, but jury is still out on whether he can develop players to their full potential. Ponce? Nada. Wright? Nada so far but he is suppose to be an excellent recruiter.

You see my point. We overpaid.

If Mario, DVD and Field are the lead recruiters what are the other guys doing? Surely, it wasn‘t “coaching ‘em up” this year.

Advertisement
Coaches are getting paid to recruit, develop and game plan/scheme, or some combination thereof. The elite coaches can do all three. I am excluding head coaches as they have other responsibilities like creating a culture, managing personnel, fund raising, etc.

Is there anybody on the staff that can do two out of three? Maybe Strong? Maybe Steele (develop + scheme)? Addae is suppose to be a technician and ace recruiter. Havent seen either yet. Mirabal can develop players, but can he recruit or does he ride Mario’s coattails? Ponce? Nada. Wright? Nada so far but he is suppose to be an excellent recruiter.

The only thing addae does is rub recruits and coaches wrong.

Advertisement
Maybe but it could be no different than second guessing not going the easier, more sure route. It’s like getting a job offer at any position or choosing a college. You get a full ride to a great school, you have met the professors and some of the other kids attending and it’s a perfect fit but then Stanford comes calling. You checked out Stanford earlier and while it’s obviously elite, you didn’t care for it that much and like the other school more. As time gets closer and closer to making the final decision, doubt starts to creep in. Are you making the right choice? Sure the school you thought was the one will get you where you want but Stanford, that’s just another level. Then they start putting pressure on you and going out of their way to show you are a priority and everything that they and nobody else can do for you….
Except Miami is the easier more sure route. Even though it may not seem like it. Sure he may not win but all he has to do is continue his natural progression here as a player and in 3 years he’ll still get drafted. At Bama you can’t slip for a year. You’ll get recruited over. The second he signs to Miami he’s a 3 year starter no matter what. At that point his film is his film

Is there anybody on the staff that can do two out of three? Maybe Strong? Maybe Steele (develop + scheme)? Addae is suppose to be a technician and ace recruiter. Havent seen either yet. Mirabal can develop players, but can he recruit or does he ride Mario’s coattails? Ponce? Nada. Wright? Nada so far but he is suppose to be an excellent recruiter.

It appears the Mario will need a lot of help if he has to replace coaches. Dude analyzed and pondered forever before putting together a staff and still failed miserably. His coaches don’t appear to be good at X’s and O’s or recruiting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1670445503693.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back