2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
J.jackson is using his last ov with uf so I don’t see a flip without ov. Matthews I just don’t see a kid from Ohio committed to osu coming here. Secure cormani, offer his teammate, get brown and add a couple portal cbs

Advertisement
Hate to see my favorite sport turned into this trash. I want these guys to get paid but its become nothing more than an ugly money grab.

Kinda hopping Group of 5 breaks off and does something a little different.

Yeah, most fans can’t get past the “kids deserve to get as much money as possible” and see the big picture impact on the sport. It’s a joke already and only going to get worse. I won’t even get into the fact this is turning these kids into insufferable ********. I deal with them a lot and it gets worse by the day. But no way to unring the bell.

J.jackson is using his last ov with uf so I don’t see a flip without ov. Matthews I just don’t see a kid from Ohio committed to osu coming here. Secure cormani, offer his teammate, get brown and add a couple portal cbs
Honestly here’s where I’m at with it too.

1. Offer his teammate like you said, contingent on Money wanting to play with him.

2. Get Demari and lock him up with his transfer portal bro.

And yeah…If Money wants out, I’m not replacing him with his teammate. Sorry that’s an L. Go get me Demari + Ja’Keem or Matthews.

Advertisement
Yeah, most fans can’t get past the “kids deserve to get as much money as possible” and see the big picture impact on the sport. It’s a joke already and only going to get worse. I won’t even get into the fact this is turning these kids into insufferable ********. I deal with them a lot and it gets worse by the day. But no way to unring the bell.

It's going to ruin the sport AND they absolutely deserve the money. At a very minimum, the kids already in college do. I can somewhat see both sides of HS kids, but the dudes turning the TVs on deserve to get the money that the old, rich people get for them being turned on.

Both things can be true.

(I'm not saying that you're disagreeing, just want people to understand that this is VERY bad for the long-term health of the sport, yet was entirely unavoidable and LONG overdue)

Reactions: JD4
That's unfortunate..

The market has to level out at some point right?

Advertisement
It's going to ruin the sport AND they absolutely deserve the money. At a very minimum, the kids already in college do. I can somewhat see both sides of HS kids, but the dudes turning the TVs on deserve to get the money that the old, rich people get for them being turned on.

Both things can be true.

(I'm not saying that you're disagreeing, just want people to understand that this is VERY bad for the long-term health of the sport, yet was entirely unavoidable and LONG overdue)
But the money isn't coming from the programs...

New York What GIF by Dani Coleman

Imagine thinking Diaz lands Maiguao, Oku, Aguirre (when was the last time he landed any LB with a pulse?) R.Williams, etc...

Get a grip people.
We haven’t signed Oku yet. If Cormani flips, our class is not much different. I know why you would respond this way, but we landed the #11 class with Manny on 23 commits in 2021. He had 2 5* and 10 4* players. This class would be similar if he can’t keep Cormani and get Oku to sign. We would have 2 more top 100 players, but also 2 more sub-500 commits too. There is still time and all of this is on paper. But Mario needs top 5 talent to win. He’s not on pace to do that without Cormani imo

I understand that, I'm just saying they deserve to be compensated for who they are. And they should've been years and years ago. But the money is astronomical right now and it's causing major issues.

Advertisement

Both things can be true.

Like most things, there will be growing pains. What is amplified is that these are just young kids so it will stunt their mental growth if they don’t have proper guidance. In the end it will work itself out.

We haven’t signed Oku yet. If Cormani flips, our class is not much different. I know why you would respond this way, but we landed the #11 class with Manny on 23 commits in 2021. He had 2 5* and 10 4* players. This class would be similar if he can’t keep Cormani and get Oku to sign. We would have 2 more top 100 players, but also 2 more sub-500 commits too. There is still time and all of this is on paper. But Mario needs top 5 talent to win. He’s not on pace to do that without Cormani imo

These aren't the only kids he's recruiting, either.

Throw Bain into the mix and see how the numbers look. Throw several others we are in good position for.

Advertisement
I don’t get what’s changed? It not like we were winning when he committed.
I’d imagine it’s cold feet and people being in his ear. Bama has become an almost sure thing under Saban. I think the kid loves Miami and the staff but Bama is Bama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back