2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they thought they’d strike it rich, like when they hired Urban.

Still an odd choice though, I’d agree. If UF truly had the stature their fem-jorts-wearing fans think they, have the Gaytors would have poached someone like USC, LSU, or our Canes did. Or a name coordinator like Oregon hiring Lanning.
Maybe but Urban was 17-6 at bowling green then went 24-2 at utah, he was ready. Lanning wouldve been great, he’d be right in the grounds were he has all of the relationships he built

Advertisement
Screenshot_20220715-160712_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220715-160724_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220715-160738_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220715-160751_Samsung Internet.jpg

Louisiana had the best recruiting classes in the Sun Belt for like every year Billy was there. He took a few kids with him to Fla.

Can he recruit at the P5 level? Idk. But he was good at ULL.
It’s clearly a different ball game recruiting high four and five stars at a P5. He has zero experience doing this as a head coach.

Then you insert NIL that has even irritated the Sabans and the Dabos and they should have known hiring him was going to be a problem.

But I’m not complaining.

Well let me start by saying I’m a college football fan and a Miami fan and I believe in the right situation he can be a premier coach one day. I never got the good recruiter tag he got but he’s a good developer and is innovative and always learning from his mistakes on the fly, good traits. He hasn’t even played a season at UF yet and the results so far aren’t favorable but I’m willing to wait and see what he does on field. Not that I wish Florida well, I don’t. I just think he’s a good one
Good stuff man. I was being more facetious than anything, but that was a good, well thought out way to answer. Much love!

Advertisement
Maybe but Urban was 17-6 at bowling green then went 24-2 at utah, he was ready. Lanning wouldve been great, he’d be right in the grounds were he has all of the relationships he built
Wouldn’t disagree.

• Agree
Reactions: E1k
DJ Williams
Kyle Wright
Seantrel Henderson
Dj Williams
Kyle Wright
Willie Williams
Seantrel Henderson

Kenny Phillips was Top10 but not Top5 nationally but did win USA Today DPOY

Older guys I can think of in Top5 consensus national prospects are Jessie Armstead and Jammi German.

Cormani would fit right in as one of our highest rated prospects ever. He would be our highest rated CB ever and per 247 he’s one of the highest rated CBs ever. I haven’t seen a CB with hips that good in quiet some time…

Advertisement
My 2 cents- McClain knows everything he needs to know about Bama and hasn't committed there yet. I think that bodes well for the good guys. As for UF, I'm sure they are pressing him very hard to commit immediately because he would be the crown jewel of the class and stop the bleeding. He hasn't committed to them because he really doesn't want to go there. Don't think Donno would have a reason to lie about UF being outside looking in.

Even though McClain basically has it down to 2 schools (UM and Bama) he still wants to wait until closer to NSD to announce. That suggests to me that if UM has an excellent season, odds are good that he'll be a Cane. And if there is an announcement soon that UM is moving to the SEC and will start play in 2024 or 2025 it will put us in the driver's seat.

My 2 cents- McClain knows everything he needs to know about Bama and hasn't committed there yet. I think that bodes well for the good guys. As for UF, I'm sure they are pressing him very hard to commit immediately because he would be the crown jewel of the class and stop the bleeding. He hasn't committed to them because he really doesn't want to go there. Don't think Donno would have a reason to lie about UF being outside looking in.

Even though McClain basically has it down to 2 schools (UM and Bama) he still wants to wait until closer to NSD to announce. That suggests to me that if UM has an excellent season, odds are good that he'll be a Cane. And if there is an announcement soon that UM is moving to the SEC and will start play in 2024 or 2025 it will put us in the driver's seat.
I think McClain will be a Cane if we have a good season. A solid season plus the recruiting momentum together will be what we need to make him the cherry on top of an All-Time class for us!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I am with you the head man is more important, but you need both. In addition to those we would have a better shot with Fegans with a guy like Cristobal. If Raymond doesn’t land some high 4 stars even with the bad staff there it is an indictment on him.
***an would be a cane if Mario was here for sure

Raymond has lost a ton of shine being near those corny mfers...idc what anyone says..
Cormani aint goin there...even if he doesnt come here ( i still think he will) - he aint goin to the Gaytor...lmao...just no
I agree…. CR could’ve went anywhere and chose to be part of a former G5 staff who are struggling to recruit top talent.

I’ve said from day 1 position coaches are so overrated in recruiting by this board. Bags & the head man are what matters.
Facts it will show when Raymond misses on Cormani, Raymond is suppose to be a God of DB recruiting and hes going to whiff on Cormani. Its the head guy that matters its why Surtain chose Saban over Raymond. Surtain was basically considered an LSU lock for awhile and Saban said nah nah hes mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back