2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the timeline? I don’t recall. Wasn’t Billy hired before Mario?
Exactly 1 month and 2 days before if google is correct. But they could’ve known what was gonna happen, the smoke was there for a while.

Advertisement
Napier and norvells staff are mediocre. Identical to what we’ve trotted out there for 15 years. Similar results are incoming for them.

I never realized how bad our staff’s have been until Mario got to town.... I knew how bad manny’s was but that’s a different story 🤣
I dont blame u bro, majority of our fanbase forgot who we really are as a program. **** even the university forgot lol

Exactly 1 month and 2 days before if google is correct. But they could’ve known what was gonna happen, the smoke was there for a while.
I mean they knew but do you think they knew what Miami was gonna invest before it happened?

I mean they knew but do you think they knew what Miami was gonna invest before it happened?
Think it depends if they actually believed the reports that were coming out. But ****t I didn’t believe it until i saw it happen in real time. But I think i saw people say he was their main target from the get go like Mario was ours.

Advertisement
I honestly wouldn’t know, it could be **** and he wouldn’t admit it, he signed a contract he’ll honor it. Is my politically correct answer. My other answer is man that **** is garbage around there and I’m a big Billy Napier fan but buddy need help in the worst way
You're a big Billy Napier fan? Please explain.

You're a big Billy Napier fan? Please explain.
Well let me start by saying I’m a college football fan and a Miami fan and I believe in the right situation he can be a premier coach one day. I never got the good recruiter tag he got but he’s a good developer and is innovative and always learning from his mistakes on the fly, good traits. He hasn’t even played a season at UF yet and the results so far aren’t favorable but I’m willing to wait and see what he does on field. Not that I wish Florida well, I don’t. I just think he’s a good one

Well let me start by saying I’m a college football fan and a Miami fan and I believe in the right situation he can be a premier coach one day. I never got the good recruiter tag he got but he’s a good developer and is innovative and always learning from his mistakes on the fly, good traits. He hasn’t even played a season at UF yet and the results so far aren’t favorable but I’m willing to wait and see what he does on field. Not that I wish Florida well, I don’t. I just think he’s a good one
Louisiana had the best recruiting classes in the Sun Belt for like every year Billy was there. He took a few kids with him to Fla.

Can he recruit at the P5 level? Idk. But he was good at ULL.

Advertisement
Think it depends if they actually believed the reports that were coming out. But ****t I didn’t believe it until i saw it happen in real time. But I think i saw people say he was their main target from the get go like Mario was ours.
This is what i was wondering; Was Napier the main target or were there others they didn't land? I have no recollection...

Louisiana had the best recruiting classes in the Sun Belt for like every year Billy was there. He took a few kids with him to Fla.

Indeed but I don’t know how much of that was him necessarily or the guys around him. But that’s a skill in itself

This is what i was wondering; Was Napier the main target or were there others they didn't land? I have no recollection...
I follow a Florida fan on twitter that goes to Florida, idk if he tapped in or not but he said napier was their guy and they didn’t waste time. Also they had time to search because remember they fired mullen during the season

Advertisement
Indeed but I don’t know how much of that was him necessarily or the guys around him. But that’s a skill in itself
I heard and seen good things about their DC, he seems like the gem of that staff(just off football stuff) besides the established guys like CR. People said the napier hire was ok but bringing toney made it better

Missed out on the gem though that went to bama. I think Graves will be legit out of those three. The others depending on who we land it's going to be tough for them.
I am with you the head man is more important, but you need both. In addition to those we would have a better shot with Fegans with a guy like Cristobal. If Raymond doesn’t land some high 4 stars even with the bad staff there it is an indictment on him.

ULL had the second highest football budget in the conference behind Coastal Carolina

TrumpyCane loves them bragging about beating Iowa State even though they spend way more money than them on football

Advertisement
I heard and seen good things about their DC, he seems like the gem of that staff(just off football stuff) besides the established guys like CR. People said the napier hire was ok but bringing toney made it better
Toney is a #Guy he’s who Billy is going to lose immediately

I follow a Florida fan on twitter that goes to Florida, idk if he tapped in or not but he said napier was their guy and they didn’t waste time. Also they had time to search because remember they fired mullen during the season
Maybe they thought they’d strike it rich, like when they hired Urban.

Still an odd choice though, I’d agree. If UF truly had the stature their fem-jorts-wearing fans think they, have the Gaytors would have poached someone like USC, LSU, or our Canes did. Or a name coordinator like Oregon hiring Lanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back