2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** so we’re now back to the recruits saying our facilities are garbage? That’s pretty **** funny because Mario seems to have about 5 different pan-flits in his office with designs for new facilities/upgrades of old facilities. Sounds like kids just want a way to diss miami if that’s still being thrown around
Who said our facilities are garbage ?

Advertisement
Who said our facilities are garbage ?
Post above from pacu “How many kids have said they they were shocked at our facilities after they visited since Mario got here. Didn’t one recruit say that his coaches and teammates were saying that Miami was run down and that we didn’t have anything here in terms of facilities?”

Post above from pacu “How many kids have said they they were shocked at our facilities after they visited since Mario got here. Didn’t one recruit say that his coaches and teammates were saying that Miami was run down and that we didn’t have anything here in terms of facilities?”
Sorry that I wasn’t more clear.

I meant to say that recruits were saying that they were surprised at our facilities were so good because they had been told by coaches and other players and other schools that the campus and facilities were run down.

So in other words, even though we’ve had all these upgrades and increase in staff, the narrative for a lot of players and coaches that haven’t visited in years remains that we have sub par facilities a small staff and we live in some crime ridden area where you can’t leave the campus or you’re gonna get shot.

That’s that’s why I said that Mario has a lot of broken bridges to repair and a lot of perceptions to change. We don’t see it that way because we are fans we know upgrades in the facilities etc.

The fact that some of the kids in Florida and even in the southeast still think that Miami has subpar facilities it’s kind of mind-boggling when you think about it. But yet here we are and kids in the 23 class saying they were shocked because they thought that the campus and facilities were going to be cheeks.

Now think about that. If you have a high school player that’s about to graduate and he still thinks and his coaches still think and his friends still think that Miami has sub par facilities it means that they haven’t even been paying attention to what we’ve been doing at Miami since cmr got the ipf built.
That’s an extremely damning statement about where the university of Miami has been in the minds and conscious of the best players in the country in the past few years. All you need to do is google or YouTube “Miami hurricanes football facilities” and you’re updated. These mfers haven’t even researched the campus before they come and visit and are “surprised”. They basically came on campus on a blind date.
You think these players don’t know what Alabama or Oregon or clemson’s facilities look like?

So again there’s a lot of ground to make up and a lot of minds that need to be changed.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I meant to say that recruits were saying that they were surprised at our facilities were so good because they had been told by coaches and other players and other schools that the campus and facilities were run down.

So in other words, even though we’ve had all these upgrades and increase in staff, the narrative for a lot of players and coaches that haven’t visited in years remains that we have sub par facilities a small staff and we live in some crime ridden area where you can’t leave the campus or you’re gonna get shot.

That’s that’s why I said that Mario has a lot of broken bridges to repair and a lot of perceptions to change. We don’t see it that way because we are fans we know upgrades in the facilities etc.

The fact that some of the kids in Florida and even in the southeast still think that Miami has subpar facilities it’s kind of mind-boggling when you think about it. But yet here we are and kids in the 23 class saying they were shocked because they thought that the campus and facilities were going to be cheeks.

Now think about that. If you have a high school player that’s about to graduate and he still thinks and his coaches still think and his friends still think that Miami has sub par facilities it means that they haven’t even been paying attention to what we’ve been doing at Miami since cmr got the ipf built.
That’s an extremely damning statement about where the university of Miami has been in the minds and conscious of the best players in the country in the past few years. All you need to do for a google or YouTube Miami hurricanes football facilities and you’re updated. These mfers haven’t even researched the campus before they come and visit and are “surprised”. They basically came on campus on a blind date.
You think these players don’t know what Alabama or Oregon or clemson’s facilities look like?

So again there’s a lot of ground to make up and a lot of minds that need to be changed.
Thanks for clarifying. Completely agree on everything you’re saying

Last edited:

That’s an extremely damning statement about where the university of Miami has been in the minds and conscious of the best players in the country in the past few years. All you need to do is google or YouTube “Miami hurricanes football facilities” and you’re updated. These mfers haven’t even researched the campus before they come and visit and are “surprised”. They basically came on campus on a blind date.

Got to win hearts and minds.

Got to win hearts and minds.
I believe that’s the reason we’ve had so many five stars on campus. Mario knows what these players think about Miami because he’s recruited them for years and he knows he hast to change their mind. He knows that he needs them on campus for them to see firsthand not only what’s here but what’s coming and what he’s doing in practice as well.

Advertisement
Lakeland is the real life bermuda triangle for UM recruiting.
1650221396274.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back