2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously the delay is not ideal, and of course Deon reached out and i have no clue if he will go to CU....BUT to think the kid had EVERYONE fooled when he announced for UM (remember he also liked a ton of UF ish as well) would do a 180 and like a CU tweet and his mom would like Sanders tweet and they would tip their hand like that? KNOWING they are under a microscope?

Ahmad Black (his coach) also tweeted a gif of Deon dancing. It would be too obvious.

Stop with the double reverse psychology. They aren’t trying to fool “us.” I know you’re looking for a silver lining … but it ain’t there. He gone.

Advertisement
Stop with the double reverse psychology. They aren’t trying to fool “us.” I know you’re looking for a silver lining … but it ain’t there. He gone.
Nah I am not saying he is coming here or they are trying to fool us. I am more saying these likes are meaningless. If it was Deon and Colorado they would not be tweeting like that. Just like when we were the pick, they did not tip their hand at all let alone as obvious as this.

Obviously the delay is not ideal, and of course Deon reached out and i have no clue if he will go to CU....BUT to think the kid had EVERYONE fooled when he announced for UM (remember he also liked a ton of UF ish as well) would do a 180 and like a CU tweet and his mom would like Sanders tweet and they would tip their hand like that? KNOWING they are under a microscope?

Ahmad Black (his coach) also tweeted a gif of Deon dancing. It would be too obvious.
Would ANYONE like a tweet that Deion mentioned them in? Canes fans would give him 🖕, but anyone else would probably 👍 it. Could be that Cormani and his Mom were just star struck at the thought of someone, anyone, of note would mention them.

Would ANYONE like a tweet that Deion mentioned them in? Canes fans would give him 🖕, but anyone else would probably 👍 it. Could be that Cormani and his Mom were just star struck at the thought of someone, anyone, of note would mention them.
if deion mentioned cormani in any tweet then it's a recruiting violation

but I get your point

Advertisement
Funny Cats Cat Fight GIF
@SWFLHurricane nice kitty.

BA2D2374-545A-44DF-B16B-9C6B43F0DDAD.gif

Deion didn’t mention him in the tweet he liked. Solid theory other than that.

I think a drum may be my next purchase, but I have long-term plans of building a small pavillion with an outdoor kitchen on my property, so an offset is the ultimate goal. Just not enough time right now or for the forseeable future.

I'm not pro or anti pellet/charcoal/wood, everyone's situation is different and I'm glad there are options for us to explore and tailor to our needs.

Someone asked me if I could cater their wedding for 150 people a few years ago. I was flattered as **** but my grill can only hold one big brisket or maybe two smaller ones, but that's really all I need it for right now.

Gotta post some pics of your cooks now, we're taking this thread to new heights lol.

Pork belly burnt ends:

View attachment 222370

I have a couple of tips for you that will change your life:

1. Deadeye Mango BBQ Sauce...nothing more need be said...just look it up and buy yourself some
2. Never wrap your brisket. Smoke it low (i.e., 225 degrees or lower) and slow, always unwrapped, spritzing with a mix of water and apple cider vinegar every 30-45 minutes...you will never get a better back any other way.

Advertisement
I have a couple of tips for you that will change your life:

1. Deadeye Mango BBQ Sauce...nothing more need be said...just look it up and buy yourself some
2. Never wrap your brisket. Smoke it low (i.e., 225 degrees or lower) and slow, always unwrapped, spritzing with a mix of water and apple cider vinegar every 30-45 minutes...you will never get a better back any other way.
music video 90s GIF

Agreed with most of your points, a secret pro-tip in terms of injecting…. Take your fat that you trimmed off the brisket, throw it in a tin pan and put it in the smoker next to the brisket, the fat will render into a liquid. Take the liquid fat and pour all over the brisket before you wrap, then save the rest and inject your next brisket with the fat for more flavor.

In terms of seasoning, you can never go wrong with salt pepper and garlic, I also add onion and smoked paprika for the color.

Mad scientist bbq has a lot of really good videos diving into the science of things and some really good tips as well.

I’ve found the longer I let my brisket rest, the better, just towel wrap it in a cooler like you said. I generally go 2-3 hours rest, but there’s no wrong way as long as you’re not cutting into it right away.

If anyone ever puts bbq sauce on my brisket they will never eat at my home again.

Lastly, when you wrap, turn the brisket 180 degrees to ensure both ends of the brisket get the same cook, as some smokers get hotter on one side.

Just Some of my tips and opinions, not telling you how to do it, I seen the pics and yours looks great. Keep up the good work brother.

P.S. -Pellet smokers are the way to go. I can’t be asked to manage a fire all day, plus my bbq is better than most people that use offsets so they can suck it

Also, to anyone interested in buying a smoker, keep an eye on offer up, I’ve bought 4 smokers all in brand new like condition for 150$ or less each time, just takes some patience.

I rest my brisket for a minimum of 8 hours.

Advertisement
I am 100% trying that trick with the excess fat, never even heard of that but I'd much rather try it thsn throw all that fat away.

I defintely left out the part about turning the brisket 180°, I had to do that Sunday morning bc my point was 20° hotter than my flat. The flat caught up to the point and they were within 5° when I pulled it.

Man I'm welcome and open to advice. I have my own method that works, but I enjoy trying new things too. My first brisket came out pretty **** good, beginners luck though bc my second one was dry AF. So I kept reading, watching YT vids, joined some groups on social media and started trying new methods.

Trimming is still an art I'd like to perfect. I swear the briskets I buy are never as pretty as the ones you see these pitmasters trimming, but I make it work.

Even better...get yourself a tub of wagyu beef tallow off amazon and slather the brisket in that before wrapping. That said, per my previous comment, I think the brisket turns out better if it's never wrapped.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back