2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if a reasonable middle ground here would be to let kids sign away their free transfer for x number of years. Sure, Cormani would never agree to anything (**** he really shouldn't even sign an NLI today, there's no reason for him to), but for lesser ranked guys it would be interesting.

If you're a 3-star, high end schools might demand that you waive your free transfer for 3 years. Or you can go sign with a low-mid G5 and keep your free transfer after your freshman year. Maybe schools would prioritize a 4-star who's willing to waive his free transfer for 2 years over a slightly higher ranked 4-star who won't? At least that way both schools and kids would have some certainty and you're not taking away anyone's bargaining power.

Reinstate the one-year sit rule for transfers and don’t issue waivers. That would make a huge difference.

Advertisement
Well I’ll break it down - normally where you rank equates to the talent being brought in to the roster compared to other programs. Unless you’re one of those three star diamond in the rough guys, which has clearly worked out for us in the past 15 years.

Specifically as it relates to Cormani, he’s a top 3 DB the moment he steps on campus, a position we are severely lacking quality in. He’s the unequivocal top DB in 2023, a five-star can’t miss talent and an in to Lakeland.

So yeah, we should care if he sticks.

Understand where you are coming from but we've been rated top-3 recruiting within ACC the last 100 years and with exception of 1 year, have not been able to play in conference championship with several games where we've been JerrySanduskied....so yeah, agree with you that talent matters....I just don't take these rankings seriously, especially coming from a bunch of pear shaped weebles who never played a down in their lives....one more thing, I hope this kid sticks, but even if he does I wouldn't place much hope on him being who we think he is based on his weak and indecisive actions.

Advertisement
NIL isnt a deal w the school lol. the scholarship and transfer is with the school. NIL is just outside interests. only thing UM cares about is that the deal, the agents, and the player all follow compliance.
I literally didn't say anything about NIL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Deion in a win win here. Even if he loses, he still made a run at Cormani without visiting him face-to-face literally within the last 72 hours.

Miami would be a laughingstock of ESD despite securing a Top 6 class if he flips. Cannot let it happen. Mario got this. Cormani can’t be this dumb knowing it’ll be at least two years before Colorado wins 4 games in a season.
Not to mention there's no way they could get close to the nil package we can offer. Hopefully just a business stunt

Reinstate the one-year sit rule for transfers and don’t issue waivers. That would make a huge difference.
Yeah I mean that's the simple version. It just seems like going backwards on player rights is not going to happen, so any reform would have to be slightly more progressive than that. Plus, "no transfers and no waivers" puts us right back where we started which is kids signing NLI's and having their coordinator/position coach/head coach immediately up and leave. It's just a bad look.

But yeah, free transfers for everyone just isn't great for the product, the schools, or even the players.

Advertisement
Cot **** @cway313 .....your *** is on borrowed time.
the green mile GIF

Understand where you are coming from but we've been rated top-3 recruiting within ACC the last 100 years and with exception of 1 year, have not been able to play in conference championship with several games where we've been JerrySanduskied....so yeah, agree with you that talent matters....I just don't take these rankings seriously, especially coming from a bunch of pear shaped weebles who never played a down in their lives....one more thing, I hope this kid sticks, but even if he does I wouldn't place much hope on him being who we think he is based on his weak and indecisive actions.
Not saying anything about Cormani but I am curious to see how NIL effects things as we move along, not just signing but once they are on campus.

If I’m a coach I’m looking hard at their support system. It’s a lot of money to give to kids up front and then expect them to honor the commitment, not just signing but working hard to follow through. Recruiting sites need paid too so they’re incentivized as well.

It’s already been a **** show for years and adding more money to the equation never makes things better 😂

Just a general observation though not anyone in particular.

Imagine expending all this effort, advancing benefits, and promising to pay a kid 7 figures, just for the privilege of signing him so you can then spend the next year stroking his ego and taking care of his people because you’re scared he may bolt 8 months later.

College football is a joke. There are no adults in the room..
Sounds like it’s no fun when the rabbit has the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back