2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
i couldnt wait to leave miami esp w how the area has changed and sucks now imo. the people suck. the more transient it became, the less it became the miami i grew up in. miami is great for a brief period (say college or a visit) but job market isnt good, the people arent the best, the housing market blows, and the median income isnt near the bigger cities around the country that have a comparable cost of living.
Unless Cormani is reading this thread.. in which case Miami is the best city in the world :sideeyes:

Imagine expending all this effort, advancing benefits, and promising to pay a kid 7 figures, just for the privilege of signing him so you can then spend the next year stroking his ego and taking care of his people because you’re scared he may bolt 8 months later.

College football is a joke. There are no adults in the room..
I wonder if a reasonable middle ground here would be to let kids sign away their free transfer for x number of years. Sure, Cormani would never agree to anything (**** he really shouldn't even sign an NLI today, there's no reason for him to), but for lesser ranked guys it would be interesting.

If you're a 3-star, high end schools might demand that you waive your free transfer for 3 years. Or you can go sign with a low-mid G5 and keep your free transfer after your freshman year. Maybe schools would prioritize a 4-star who's willing to waive his free transfer for 2 years over a slightly higher ranked 4-star who won't? At least that way both schools and kids would have some certainty and you're not taking away anyone's bargaining power.

You have to fight to the end for the big dawgs, if Mario is who we think he is then there is no need to worry.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20221221_103542_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Unless Cormani is reading this thread.. in which case Miami is the best city in the world :sideeyes:
lol these kids can lvie anywhere they want once they make it to the league. hes gonna go where he feels **** be best developed. i think DVD and mario sold him on that and i dont see it changing even w deion coming in for a headline grab

Y’all telling me weather doesn’t matter? I refuse to believe that the way our team always folds if we go play up north at the end of the year 😂

Advertisement
I wonder if a reasonable middle ground here would be to let kids sign away their free transfer for x number of years. Sure, Cormani would never agree to anything (**** he really shouldn't even sign an NLI today, there's no reason for him to), but for lesser ranked guys it would be interesting.

If you're a 3-star, high end schools might demand that you waive your free transfer for 3 years. Or you can go sign with a low-mid G5 and keep your free transfer after your freshman year. Maybe schools would prioritize a 4-star who's willing to waive his free transfer for 2 years over a slightly higher ranked 4-star who won't? At least that way both schools and kids would have some certainty and you're not taking away anyone's bargaining power.
NIL isnt a deal w the school lol. the scholarship and transfer is with the school. NIL is just outside interests. only thing UM cares about is that the deal, the agents, and the player all follow compliance.

CO is one of the most serene places in the country. i never understood how people think only SFL is the best place on earth. its not. its not even close. everyone likes diff things lol. yeah its cold in the winter months around the country. you know what sucks? 86 degrees in the middle of december. that sucks too lol. personally, id trade for SD weather any day of the week
Boulder is a beautiful place, I can understand why kids would be attracted to that area.

Advertisement
Boulder is a beautiful place, I can understand why kids would be attracted to that area.
agreed but we all know deion just asked him to hold off for a bit. it has nothing to do w the average high temp in CO or FL. i dont think it works out for deion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back