Corey Gaynor - A Replacement for Dykstra?

Advertisement
Miami needs some OLinemen wit dat dog in them instead of dem *****es we been trotting out there the past few years.

Miami needs some OLinemen wit dat dog in them instead of dem *****es we been trotting out there the past few years.

People said the same thing when we recruited the guys currently playing on our OLine

I remember people being high on guys like McDermott, St. Louis and Darling who've all be serviceable in one way or another. But guys like Mahoney, Loftus, etc... have definitely been brought on with a lot of criticism and question as far as ability and production would be with said recruits.

You can't measure motor and angry with linemen - which is a desirable trait. I don't know much about o-line evaluation, but I'll take this guy if everyone is so high on him. Also a good thing this kid's visiting Miami in the winter given that he comes from Minnesota.

This Gaynor dude is definitely nasty on the highlights.
There was one play where I died laughing because he pancaked some dude onto the ground and stayed on him aggressively even
after the play ended, to the point where one of the victim's teammates walked over and gently tapped Gaynor in the helmet, probably
asking him to stop killing his teammate.
I want that dude.

Because he plays absolute **** competition

True.
But lots of top prep talent across the country play against talent that would be considered subpar in comparison
to the top leagues in soFla, Houston, Dallas, soCal,etc.

Not every college and pro baller played with and/or against elite talent.
[MENTION=608]MedleyCane[/MENTION] trust me I used to be the competition..again DON'T take anyone from the Coral Springs high schools if they don't transfer to STA. The competition is absolutely horrendous

How old are you? Ever heard of a bad white **** named Dan Morgan? Guess where he went to HS at..oh yeah..Steve Hutchinson too..guess what HS he went to...

Don't speak in absolutes.

Advertisement

People said the same thing when we recruited the guys currently playing on our OLine

I remember people being high on guys like McDermott, St. Louis and Darling who've all be serviceable in one way or another. But guys like Mahoney, Loftus, etc... have definitely been brought on with a lot of criticism and question as far as ability and production would be with said recruits.

Nobody was ever high on Loftus but people said Mahoney had the dog in him and played mean etc

Sign this mf up man lol, just watched the film and he definitely plays with a mean streak.

Last edited:

Not every blue chip recruit pans out. If a kid is a 4 or 5 star, his chances of being good in college is better than the 3-star kid.

Advertisement
There was one play where I died laughing because he pancaked some dude onto the ground and stayed on him aggressively even
after the play ended, to the point where one of the victim's teammates walked over and gently tapped Gaynor in the helmet, probably
I want that dude.

True.
But lots of top prep talent across the country play against talent that would be considered subpar in comparison

[MENTION=608]MedleyCane[/MENTION] trust me I used to be the competition..again DON'T take anyone from the Coral Springs high schools if they don't transfer to STA. The competition is absolutely horrendous

How old are you? Ever heard of a bad white **** named Dan Morgan? Guess where he went to HS at..oh yeah..Steve Hutchinson too..guess what HS he went to...

This same guy thinks we shouldn't take anyone who plays in a lower division. He was railing against Gurvan halls school earlier
This year and yet now praises him as a prospect.

Don't take him seriously. He's still pretending to live in pseudo high school glory chasing Ridley around. One day hopefully he'll figure it out.

I want that dude.

True.

Lol at trying to prove a point bringing up guys that played here 20 years ago when I'm 4 years removed from playing the same schools he's playing. FYI just maybe a lot of private school programs have gotten a **** of a lot better since 1997...since you know STA was the only really relevant program back in those days

Last edited:

True.

This same guy thinks we shouldn't take anyone who plays in a lower division. He was railing against Gurvan halls school earlier

Don't take him seriously. He's still pretending to live in pseudo high school glory chasing Ridley around. One day hopefully he'll figure it out.

Lmfao at you trying to **** talk. You realized I PLAYED IN tHE SAME DIVISON they were in at the time but you guys can keep acting like y'all know anything about the school he plays at

True.

Lmfao at you trying to **** talk. You realized I PLAYED IN tHE SAME DIVISON they were in at the time but you guys can keep acting like y'all know anything about the school he plays at

I'm not even high on the kid but the only thing I'll say is idc what school he's from or what division he plays in. If he can play, he can play. Not all good players transfer to STA. Maybe he's got a little pride in the hometown school or whatever.

He did play Boyd Anderson, Dillard, and Deerfield and he looked pretty good against Dillard who has 3 guys on the DLine alone that we are targeting at UM.

Hard to argue that he doesn't dominate his competition and that's about all you can ask for. 10 minutes of film of putting dudes on the ground and 100+ pancakes. He took care of business and did what he could do. I'll take D$ word over yours even though my opinion on the kid at first thought was closer to what you said that what D$ said.

Advertisement
No offense to the kid but if a kid from my hometown gets an offer from us and he doesn't play at a power school then it's a big red flag in my mind

This Gaynor kid is great in space for an interior lineman, and plays with good leverage. He can add the strength. The mobility can't be taught. I don't give a crud about the level of competition. Plenty of FBS players had crappy competition in HS. That doesn't mean they can't play. He isn't winning simply because he is bigger and stronger than his opponents. He is beating them in space and getting better leverage every time. It's circumstantial that he is bigger and stronger than the defenders. The fact that he plays for an inferior program now would lead me to believe he would have more to gain from a real strength and conditioning program.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Nobody was ever high on Loftus but people said Mahoney had the dog in him and played mean etc

Turns out Mahoney did have that dog in him. Yorkie.

The guy plays for Stoneman Douglas High....in my hometown. If he was any good, he would be playing for STA like Trevon(who's also from Coral Springs) does. I wouldn't take anyone from Coral Glades, Stoneman Douglas, Coral Springs High, or JP Taravella because it's the worst competition you can find.

True about many of the schools being weak, but HUDL allows one to look for the schools they may have played like Deerfield, Dillard, etc. Those are the films to watch. and they did play them along with McArthur and a somewhat decent Boyd Anderson his year.

I was just about to say they generally do play a week schedule...the weakest in broward in that north broward area...but I saw BA, DILLARD, and my alma mater Mcarthur on their...in fact he is pancaking a div 1 de against dillard on a play or two. I wouldn't grab SKILL positions from those schools...but Douglas has produced some ol.

Plus not every one wants to d(ckride sta. At the time they had a calvary of ol and dude probably was ok with staying where he started

Turns out Mahoney did have that dog in him. Yorkie.

underrated post.

oprah_laughing_animated_gif.gif

Last edited:
Here's a post I made about him back in February. I saw him the next month at a camp and he was smaller than I expected, but big enough. We need more guys with this attitude.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/south-florida-17-interior-ol/97413

He reminds me too much on Linder. Too small and weak for the interior line. We need big strong bodies who can move those big interior DL. Linder was a mauler in hs but was only effective against DII types.

Measured 6'4 and 280 at a Nike camp in February 2016. So he's already a lot bigger than Linder. Linder is short with stubby arms and never got to weight train hard because of shoulder injuries.

Advertisement
Back