Corey Gaynor - A Replacement for Dykstra?

The guy plays for Stoneman Douglas High....in my hometown. If he was any good, he would be playing for STA like Trevon(who's also from Coral Springs) does. I wouldn't take anyone from Coral Glades, Stoneman Douglas, Coral Springs High, or JP Taravella because it's the worst competition you can find.

Advertisement
You can't measure motor and angry with linemen - which is a desirable trait. I don't know much about o-line evaluation, but I'll take this guy if everyone is so high on him. Also a good thing this kid's visiting Miami in the winter given that he comes from Minnesota.

He's from pompano beach lol just committed to Minnesota
He's not from pompano beach...he's from coral springs

finally a kid that will likely start a bar fight..we have none right now. I'll take him as an interior/ c/g prospect. I don't thinkhe s any effect on Dykstra...considering we are after Telfort and the two heritage kids...kid was putting *****he$ in the dirt on his tape...

You can't measure motor and angry with linemen - which is a desirable trait. I don't know much about o-line evaluation, but I'll take this guy if everyone is so high on him. Also a good thing this kid's visiting Miami in the winter given that he comes from Minnesota.

This Gaynor dude is definitely nasty on the highlights.
There was one play where I died laughing because he pancaked some dude onto the ground and stayed on him aggressively even
after the play ended, to the point where one of the victim's teammates walked over and gently tapped Gaynor in the helmet, probably
asking him to stop killing his teammate.
I want that dude.

There was one play where I died laughing because he pancaked some dude onto the ground and stayed on him aggressively even
after the play ended, to the point where one of the victim's teammates walked over and gently tapped Gaynor in the helmet, probably
I want that dude.

Because he plays absolute **** competition

Advertisement
The guy plays for Stoneman Douglas High....in my hometown. If he was any good, he would be playing for STA like Trevon(who's also from Coral Springs) does. I wouldn't take anyone from Coral Glades, Stoneman Douglas, Coral Springs High, or JP Taravella because it's the worst competition you can find.

True about many of the schools being weak, but HUDL allows one to look for the schools they may have played like Deerfield, Dillard, etc. Those are the films to watch. and they did play them along with McArthur and a somewhat decent Boyd Anderson his year.

Last edited:
finally a kid that will likely start a bar fight..we have none right now. I'll take him as an interior/ c/g prospect. I don't thinkhe s any effect on Dykstra...considering we are after Telfort and the two heritage kids...kid was putting *****he$ in the dirt on his tape...

One POSSIBLE reason we are reaching out for these kids is that some of the people who have been here for close to 2 years may be moving on and more spots are anticipated to open. We are still after the A.H. kids and Telefort but may possibly need to fill other spots due to transfers.

True about many of the schools being weak, but HUDL allows one to look for the schools they may have played like Deerfield, Dillard, etc. Those are the films to watch. and they did play them along with McArthur and a somewhat decent Boyd Anderson.

Again, if he was any good he would be playing for STA. Our Pop Warner team(Coral Springs Chargers) have been a STA feeder team for years. This is not a poor area...it's middle/upper-middle class he could afford to go there(especially where he is because if you go to Douglas, you live in the richest part of town) but somehow didn't and he would be the only one from this area that was any good that didn't go to STA...

I want that dude.

True.
But lots of top prep talent across the country play against talent that would be considered subpar in comparison
to the top leagues in soFla, Houston, Dallas, soCal,etc.

Not every college and pro baller played with and/or against elite talent.

Advertisement

I want that dude.

True.
But lots of top prep talent across the country play against talent that would be considered subpar in comparison
to the top leagues in soFla, Houston, Dallas, soCal,etc.

Not every college and pro baller played with and/or against elite talent.
[MENTION=608]MedleyCane[/MENTION] trust me I used to be the competition..again DON'T take anyone from the Coral Springs high schools if they don't transfer to STA. The competition is absolutely horrendous

Last edited:

True about many of the schools being weak, but HUDL allows one to look for the schools they may have played like Deerfield, Dillard, etc. Those are the films to watch. and they did play them along with McArthur and a somewhat decent Boyd Anderson.

Again, if he was any good he would be playing for STA. Our Pop Warner team(Coral Springs Chargers) have been a STA feeder team for years. This is not a poor area...it's middle/upper-middle class he could afford to go there(especially where he is because if you go to Douglas, you live in the richest part of town) but somehow didn't and he would be the only one from this area that was any good that didn't go to STA...

Sometimes a kid does not want to go elsewhere. I do know that Jack Fisk the 18 LT at Douglas has been offered by some top private and charter schools as he has improved greatly this year. Talent is Talent no matter where it plays and that is why coaches get paid for what they do and can leave town bags packed if they fail. STA tried for some time to get Santerling (from Hallandale) and Dumervil-Jean (from Boyd Anderson) before succeeding.

Sometimes a kid does not want to go elsewhere. I do know that Jack Fisk the 18 LT at Douglas has been offered by some top private and charter schools as he has improved greatly this year. Talent is Talent no matter where it plays and that is why coaches get paid for what they do and can leave town bags packed if they fail. STA tried for some time to get Santerling (from Hallandale) and Dumervil-Jean (from Boyd Anderson) before succeeding.

Exactly they all go to Stoneman or coral glades for a year and they get a scholarship and transfer. That's what Trevon did at Coral Glades.....the coaching here is the worst of all the counties because no one wants these jobs...so don't try to push that

Exactly they all go to Stoneman or coral glades for a year and they get a scholarship and transfer. That's what Trevon did at Coral Glades.....the coaching here is the worst of all the counties because no one wants these jobs...so don't try to push that

Will not argue on the coaching. The LT I mentioned 50/50 he goes.

Advertisement

He's from pompano beach lol just committed to Minnesota

doh! My bad on that one. Just saw it again.

He's the kind of player you want on the line because he'll hit tf out of a lineman and beat him until he quits. Its not always about size and skill but the tenacity, aggression and attitude with an offensive lineman that you can't buy or just easily recruit but when you find that guy you better get him because he'll make your team pay when you doubt him

Advertisement

Dan Morgan laughs at this. And you might call that an outlier... Maybe this is another. Not every kid/family wants to or can travel to HS. I know the area because I live here as well and for the most part you are right but there are exceptions to every rule.

Zbrod5 - while not a regular pool of great talent like you said (Douglas alum too) you might have heard of a guy named Dan Morgan. He went to Taravella. Just saying can't always apply blanket statements.

Advertisement
Back