Corey Flagg

Advertisement
Enjoyable game. Texas might not have the regional mercenary teams that you find in other states, but watching that game was just different than most of these other OOS matchups to my eyes - maybe I'm biased. North Shore looked significantly weaker up front than they were last year, and Katy was better up front on both sides than they were last year. You won't find a team at the HS level who is better coached on the OL/DL than Katy High School.

I wish you guys could have seen Shadrach Banks, North Shore's JR WR who is injured. I think he and Garrett Wilson (Ohio State) are two of the best WRs that Texas has produced since Dez Bryant. North Shore missed him tremendously... he's > Zach Evans in my opinion... he makes 'em go, and they didn't have an answer last night without him. I like Flagg. I don't know how he will translate at the next level, but I'm a linebacker watcher and I love watching that kid play.

Advertisement
Enjoyable game. Texas might not have the regional mercenary teams that you find in other states, but watching that game was just different than most of these other OOS matchups to my eyes - maybe I'm biased. North Shore looked significantly weaker up front than they were last year, and Katy was better up front on both sides than they were last year. You won't find a team at the HS level who is better coached on the OL/DL than Katy High School.

I wish you guys could have seen Shadrach Banks, North Shore's JR WR who is injured. I think he and Garrett Wilson (Ohio State) are two of the best WRs that Texas has produced since Dez Bryant. North Shore missed him tremendously... he's > Zach Evans in my opinion... he makes 'em go, and they didn't have an answer last night without him. I like Flagg. I don't know how he will translate at the next level, but I'm a linebacker watcher and I love watching that kid play.
That rb Katy Texas had looked legit. He outplayed Zach Evans who I wasn’t impressed with whatsoever

if he can as fast as shaq I think he can be a great MLB. In my opinion his instincts are just as good as Shaq when he was in his senior of high school, and both are extremely productive. One thing that I think he is better at than shaq, is coverage ability, and I say this due to his spring tape where they had him playing S and Flagg did way better than I thought he would. If he can run a 40 as fast as Jaquan Johnson he will be more than fine at the next level.

Advertisement
Supposedly Flagg is 5-10 233lbs, I'd that is true he is physically ready for college from a weight perspective, meaning that UM doesn't have to spend so much time trying to get him up to weight like Brooks and Huff have to. They can just focus on helping him gain strength and more speed.

if he can as fast as shaq I think he can be a great MLB. In my opinion his instincts are just as good as Shaq when he was in his senior of high school, and both are extremely productive. One thing that I think he is better at than shaq, is coverage ability, and I say this due to his spring tape where they had him playing S and Flagg did way better than I thought he would. If he can run a 40 as fast as Jaquan Johnson he will be more than fine at the next level.
Shaq has more speed than given credit for. He isn’t a perfect linebacker but he makes more plays that go unnoticed

I dont Think Flagg is in the mold of quarterman. He is a thumper though and actively finds his way to the ball. He needs to work on his conditioning but that will come being in Miami’s program

If I recall Charlie also tore up his knee at the beginning of his Senior year (I was a freshman at South Dade then), he wasn't the same after that.

Also, I remember when that kid beat him for the record (can't remember his name either), but I think they gave him like 45 carries against Krop (I think) just so he could have the record, ran for like 300 yards lol
Yeah i remember the kid having a big game just can’t recall the name wonder if he did any better in college, you are right after his knee injury was never the same , my freshman year I got to see role play at south dade too

Shaq has more speed than given credit for. He isn’t a perfect linebacker but he makes more plays that go unnoticed

I dont Think Flagg is in the mold of quarterman. He is a thumper though and actively finds his way to the ball. He needs to work on his conditioning but that will come being in Miami’s program

Personally to me Flagg is a Denzel Perryman mold.

Advertisement
Supposedly Flagg is 5-10 233lbs, I'd that is true he is physically ready for college from a weight perspective, meaning that UM doesn't have to spend so much time trying to get him up to weight like Brooks and Huff have to. They can just focus on helping him gain strength and more speed.

Seeing him last night, he looks taller than 5’10. I mean kid might still be growing.

Advertisement
Everybody talking about speed and nobody talking about instincts. If you can analyze and react to a play as quick as Flagg can, it more than makes up for any speed issue he may or may not have. A guy that runs a 4.4 but is slow reacting to a play isn’t faster than a 4.8 LB that is immediately moving towards the ball at the snap.

Everybody talking about speed and nobody talking about instincts. If you can analyze and react to a play as quick as Flagg can, it more than makes up for any speed issue he may or may not have. A guy that runs a 4.4 but is slow reacting to a play isn’t faster than a 4.8 LB that is immediately moving towards the ball at the snap.

Like Hyppollite who is fast but makes no plays?

I dunno man

@nycane
dog I dont know when I watch these highlights man. Is Flagg number 2 in red? Im 5 minutes in figure I share this with the people who didnt see the game.

Advertisement
Back