Corey Bell hired as Florida DB coach

Great point!

It is a good point. However, this dude and Shannon will crush it down here recruiting.

This is the same dude that makes crazy suggestions about players changing positions and how guys who have not been successful recruiting down here will be. Never see him say anything positive about the efforts of this team,the coaches or the success our coaches have made in recruiting South Florida. Being in the most fertile recruiting grounds in all the world, competition for recruits you will always be tough regardless

Stop projecting. This is total bull****.

Not projecting. Stating facts. Every time a coach is hired at the lizards, you leap on line to tell us how they are going to kill it recruiting down here. You also made a unsound suggestion of moving Johnson to the defense when you have no evidence that (a) he's not doing well at OL, (b) the coaches have no confidence he ever will or (c) moving to DL is a better option for him and our defense. Just because a kid had to play both ways in HS doesn't mean he can play DL in college. Is this total bull or fact of your recent posts? The Lizards and noles will always get a few good players from down here because they are state schools and always have gotten really good players from down here even in our hey day! Why you feel the need create a sense of fear for Corey freaking Bell, Seider or any other of the other top recruiters from 50+ universities across America is not appreciated on this site. We don't share your fear of these mythical Recruiting Beast.

The heck are you talking about mane?

If you can find one post of mine that has anything to do with Seider I'll leave here forever.

Advertisement
Here is what Randy and Bell did at DB from 2007-2011. Bell was in football ops.

JoJo Nicholas
Doug Wiggins
Damien Berry
Demarcus Van Dyke

Brandon Harris (Almost lost him to UF. Had to hire daddy)
Vaughn Telemaque
CJ Holton
CJ Odom
Joe Wylie

Ray Ray Armstrong
Jamal Reid
Brandon McGee
Prince Kent
AJ Highsmith (one of my all time favorites)

Keion Payne
Devonta Davis
Kacy Rodgers (another favorite)

What a joke.

Frankly, I do not think there could possibly be a worse talent evaluator in the country when it comes to DB's than Randy Shannon.

Gators are in big big trouble right now. They hired the wrong head coach. Guy cannot recruit to save his life. It looks like he is handing over all recruiting duties to Shannon, Seider and Bell.

Randy is recruiting in Gainesville like it's 2010 all over again.

During the same time period, look at what the Gators did.

Major Wright
Joe Haden
Ahmad Black

Janoris Jenkins
Dee Finley
Will Hill

None

Matt Elam
Cody Riggs
Jaylen Watkins

They were hitting jackpot on every kid while Randy was below the mendoza line.

Lol....good luck Gaytors.

Shannon is a good coordinator when he has loads of talent. However, he is a terrible talent evaluator.

During the same time period, look at what the Gators did.

Major Wright
Joe Haden
Ahmad Black

Janoris Jenkins
Dee Finley
Will Hill

None

Matt Elam
Cody Riggs
Jaylen Watkins

They were hitting jackpot on every kid while Randy was below the mendoza line.

Lol....good luck Gaytors.

Shannon is a good coordinator when he has loads of talent. However, he is a terrible talent evaluator.

Shannon might be the worst talent evaluator in the history of SFL. That's not an exaggeration.

It is a good point. However, this dude and Shannon will crush it down here recruiting.

This is the same dude that makes crazy suggestions about players changing positions and how guys who have not been successful recruiting down here will be. Never see him say anything positive about the efforts of this team,the coaches or the success our coaches have made in recruiting South Florida. Being in the most fertile recruiting grounds in all the world, competition for recruits you will always be tough regardless

Not projecting. Stating facts. Every time a coach is hired at the lizards, you leap on line to tell us how they are going to kill it recruiting down here. You also made a unsound suggestion of moving Johnson to the defense when you have no evidence that (a) he's not doing well at OL, (b) the coaches have no confidence he ever will or (c) moving to DL is a better option for him and our defense. Just because a kid had to play both ways in HS doesn't mean he can play DL in college. Is this total bull or fact of your recent posts? The Lizards and noles will always get a few good players from down here because they are state schools and always have gotten really good players from down here even in our hey day! Why you feel the need create a sense of fear for Corey freaking Bell, Seider or any other of the other top recruiters from 50+ universities across America is not appreciated on this site. We don't share your fear of these mythical Recruiting Beast.

If you can find one post of mine that has anything to do with Seider I'll leave here forever.
[MENTION=7468]Gator Hatar[/MENTION]

Advertisement
My Gator friends are jumping with joy over this hire as they consider Bell a "super recruiter". I for one have never heard of him.............

Nayron Culpepper and Donelle Thomas from Miami both signed with USF because of him.
They didn't even have offers from Miami...

Of course not, but that fact didn't stop the gaturd and radio slurping, did it?

Why let the facts get in the way.

My Gator friends are jumping with joy over this hire as they consider Bell a "super recruiter". I for one have never heard of him.............

Nayron Culpepper and Donelle Thomas from Miami both signed with USF because of him.
They didn't even have offers from Miami...

Of course not, but that fact didn't stop the gaturd and radio slurping, did it?

Why let the facts get in the way.

What does Miami have to do with anything? Culpepper had several other good offers.
And let's just pretend that Shennon isn't in every photo with Edwards and Henderson on those in-home visits.

Advertisement
Rok- why are you worried about Corey Bell? What has he really done as a recruiter? Torrian Gray was a much better coach. Glad that dude is gone from UF, glad Cristalballs is living la Vida Loca in Oregon and hopefully Brewster is out of FSU. Who cares about Bell? Our two biggest rivals just got worse if Brewster goes.

You mean like that time you said Brad wouldn't put up 20tds, and if he did you would be gone. I'm sure that worked out great for all of us on here.

Advertisement
[MENTION=7468]Gator Hatar[/MENTION] still waiting

Obviously you didn't say a thing about Seider but what about the rest of his points?

I'm having a hard time believing that you really are worried about Corey Bell.

RVA, here is what I've said:

1. I'd rather have Bell than Rumph/Banda
2. Bell and Shannon have a lot of pull down here among the HS coaches.

Never said I'm scared, just that I wish we had hired Bell instead. Not really a knock on Banda/Rumph either, just think we can improve there. Bell doesn't have the track record Gray does, fine, but he's gone from FAU to USF to UF, which is at least worthy of some respect imo.

Never said I'm scared, just that I wish we had hired Bell instead. Not really a knock on Banda/Rumph either, just think we can improve there. Bell doesn't have the track record Gray does, fine, but he's gone from FAU to USF to UF, which is at least worthy of some respect imo.

Ok. I've been very critical of Rumph as a recruiter but I think we're in no man's land with him right now and it could get good for us.

I say this because he did such a good job coaching our weakest spot up last year that if he does it again, he'll start pulling guys based on coaching reputation. Bell for Rumph would be a terrible trade for us, IMO.

Advertisement

Right. Shannon's pull REALLY worked for us when he was our head coach. We ignored Miami central for godssakes.

Who cares? It was explained to me by the numnuts in another thread that Florida isn't that big of a rival anymore.

Right. Shannon's pull REALLY worked for us when he was our head coach. We ignored Miami central for godssakes.

The list of LBs we passed on around here under his watch was mindboggling. But we had Glen Cook and Romeo Davis starting, so we were OK. I mean, those two certainly weren't going pro early.

Advertisement
Back