4. Chris Ash, Rutgers

5. Willie Taggart, FSU

6. Lovie Smith, Illinois

7. Gus Malzahn, Auburn

8. Frank Wilson, UTSA

9. Chad Morris, Arkansas

10. Brent Brennan, San Jose State

Any disagreement on my rankings?

I don't even know who some of these guys are, so I'm going to take your word for it.

Taggart is in danger of getting fired. People on here don’t want to admit it because they hope he’ll be coach forever.

Harbaugh is never getting fired. Some people are disappointed with him because they feel he hasn’t done as well as expected. That’s not really the same as being on the hot seat though.

I've heard otherwise.

Harbaugh has yet to beat OSU. That means everything to Michigan. He's expected to win that game this year but if they lose and go 9-4 he will be on the hot seat for 2020. He's not getting fired yet but it's interesting to monitor.

I've heard otherwise.

Harbaugh has yet to beat OSU. That means everything to Michigan. He's expected to win that game this year but if they lose and go 9-4 he will be on the hot seat for 2020. He's not getting fired yet but it's interesting to monitor.

Strangely there aren’t any FSU forums on the internet, so it’s a little hard to know what FSU fans think of Taggart. I still have a hard time imagining he’s not on the hot seat.

Advertisement
LSU is in a similar position that FSU is in with the Ragin Cajun with regards to money, but so far he has worked out.

Chad Morris at Arkansas is not on the hot seat. He's got at least 2 more years and likely 3 to get it figured out. He gutted the worthless roster over the past 18 months.

Mazlahn is already hanging on by a thread and the season hasn’t started yet.

Advertisement
Remove Taggart and Morris altogether.

Barring apocalypse, they will have 3-4 years to show improvement.

Surpising Bertty B didnt have more success in Arky....

Would be nteresting to hear D Enos take on it..

It's only Morris 2nd year, don't think he's on the hot seat. Really surprised Lovie hasn't done much better, had good success in the NFL.

Your question has been answered, Coaches are like any other professional, if they can get their hands on a 7 digit paycheck they will pouce on that opportunity, you never know what will happen with you after that.

Would take Chad Morris on the staff in a heartbeat, Frank Wilson too as a position coach.

Clay Helton is fired even with a winning season, maybe he can save his job with a PAC12 championship and playoff berth;
I don't think Malzahn gets fired, unless disaster happens. Same with Willie
Yea Muschamp ain’t getting fired, he’s actually done a remarkable job there with the trash heap Spurrier left him. He will be at USC for a long time. Expectations are not very high with Clemson, UGA & Βama on the schedule. A&M too.

Your question has been answered, Coaches are like any other professional, if they can get their hands on a 7 digit paycheck they will pouce on that opportunity, you never know what will happen with you after that.

Yeah, I know. The cash is a lot to turn down, especially these days. I just think you're better off long term building up a G5 school or making your name as a coordinator and jumping ship when an ideal situation arises. But tomorrow's never promised so I can see getting that money while you can and hope for the best.

Advertisement
Yeah, I know. The cash is a lot to turn down, especially these days. I just think you're better off long term building up a G5 school or making your name as a coordinator and jumping ship when an ideal situation arises. But tomorrow's never promised so I can see getting that money while you can and hope for the best.
Also another point that I forgot to make is, those coaches are very different than the average human being. They have HUGE egos and tons of confidence in themselves, they always believe they can do the impossible.

They can lift Rutgers, FIU, Indiana, Illinois, Kansas, Wake Forrest an etc from irrelevance in P5/G5 conferences Or they can bring back Tennessee and Nebraska (I could include Miami here, but I won't goddamit, we will be back!) and so on.

Advertisement
Back