Corch Forst Awarded A 2 year extension with a 8-13 record

It's not about deserving anything. It's about showing continuity and trust in the HC from a recruiting standpoint. Nebraska doesn't want other coaches telling recruits Frost is a lame duck that may not be around in a couple of years.

Every school does it. It's the nature of the beast.
I think that is such a lame excuse to burn money. This is something pushed by the agents to hold schools hostage.

How did that work out for Slick Willie? It’s insulting to recruits and their parents. It ain’t going to stop coaches from negatively recruiting saying the extension doesn’t mean he can’t be fired.

These schools are so irresponsible with money.

Advertisement
Bo Pelini won at least 9 games a season and the delusional admin thought they could upgrade.

Now Frost is 8-13 and he gets an extension. Perhaps they have recalibrated expectations for their progrum?
Bo Pelini won at least 9 games a season and the delusional admin thought they could upgrade.

Now Frost is 8-13 and he gets an extension. Perhaps they have recalibrated expectations for their progrum?

Does anybody who criticizes the Pelini firing realize that Pelini is on the hot seat at Youngstown State? And that he probably would have been fired after last year’s 4-7 season if Jim Tressel wasn’t resistant to firing a guy who he hired?

The guys was already signed through 2024, this wasn't needed for recruiting....it's a dumb move unless they didn't add additional guaranteed money which I'm assuming they had to do to get him to sign it. I just don't see the downside in waiting another year unless they actually think he's going to have them way better next year and think this will save money on the extension.

The guys was already signed through 2024, this wasn't needed for recruiting....it's a dumb move unless they didn't add additional guaranteed money which I'm assuming they had to do to get him to sign it. I just don't see the downside in waiting another year unless they actually think he's going to have them way better next year and think this will save money on the extension.
That’s exactly right. What has he done to deserve the additional two years? He hasn’t so you did it for recruiting? Was some school going to come in and steal the coach? That’s unlikely since his stock is low.

So when you fire him after the 2021 season I’m sure he’ll be pleased with the extra money smh.

Advertisement
Guys, remember that John McKay had losing seasons his first 2 years at USCw.

Guys, remember that coach K had losing seasons in years 2 and 3 at Duke.

You can’t judge a coach until a long way into their tenure.

I think that is such a lame excuse to burn money. This is something pushed by the agents to hold schools hostage.

How did that work out for Slick Willie? It’s insulting to recruits and their parents. It ain’t going to stop coaches from negatively recruiting saying the extension doesn’t mean he can’t be fired.

These schools are so irresponsible with money.

I think college coaching salaries are obscene and disgraceful, so you won't get any argument from me.

What idiotic takes.

I have no earthly idea if Scott Frost is the answer or not. But what I do know is Nebraska is a complete rebuild that will take more than two years. Much more of a rebuild than Miami.

So Nebraska decides to go all in with Frost because of recruiting, and because they probably know they can’t do any better than him.

They also realize that it is a complete rebuild. My assumption is that whoever would’ve been their coach, assuming Frost had not been hired, would have a similar record with their players.

Frost may or may not be a corch ... but either way, you’re not going to know unless you give him time.

Now, if he’s under .500 for year three, he’s going to be looking a lot more corchy

Exactly. The 80s are gone. Nobody wants that job. I truly believe they can’t do any better than Frost and they don’t either.

Advertisement
Frost is a Homer who is probably committed to staying there a long time. Unlike us, they have an almost non-existent local recruiting base to draw from. Within a 5 mile radius of the U, we can probably snag 10-12 valuable croots per year. 10 mile radius and we can ! should be able to) fill most of our classes. Ever been to Lincoln? Ever watched the slow *** brand of football they play in HS out there? They have to croot 80% nationally to compete. Frost is willing to do this and does know that environment very well. He is probably the right man for the job out there. Will they ever return to prominence? Probably not

only a 2 year extension ? that's a sure sign that the CornHumpers are not happy with Frosty.

Nebraska's big mistake was leaving big 12 for big 10 $$$. they left the fertile recruiting area of Texas /Oaklahoma for what ?
in the big 12 you recruited any area were the parents could drive to all the games..... now days its a plane ride to somewhere no one wants to go...... they thought cash rather than players..... wonder what T.Osborne thinks ??? now

Advertisement
It's not about deserving anything. It's about showing continuity and trust in the HC from a recruiting standpoint. Nebraska doesn't want other coaches telling recruits Frost is a lame duck that may not be around in a couple of years.

Every school does it. It's the nature of the beast.

Exactly. Thank you. Precisely what this was—as well as a sign of good faith to Frost, as Nebraska can't afford another rebuild if he were to bail out.

Nebraska's big mistake was leaving big 12 for big 10 $$$. they left the fertile recruiting area of Texas /Oaklahoma for what ?
in the big 12 you recruited any area were the parents could drive to all the games..... now days its a plane ride to somewhere no one wants to go...... they thought cash rather than players..... wonder what T.Osborne thinks ??? now

Bo Pelini had the same gripe and shared with someone I used to work with. He said that move to the Big Ten killed everything for Nebraska and talked about how hard it was to recruit there, to get kids to come on trips to Lincoln, as well as recruiting against Big Ten schools versus the Big XII—where Nebraska had clout. Worst conference move ever.

Exactly. Thank you. Precisely what this was—as well as a sign of good faith to Frost, as Nebraska can't afford another rebuild if he were to bail out.

Look at another extension you praised.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nebraska’s biggest mistake is being Nebraska.
I couldn’t imaging trying to recruit an elite kid to go there and live. They must’ve been saving some bags and are about to unload them.

Breaking news: Manny Diaz agrees to a 10 year, 120 million dollar extension

James will probably wait until after the FIU game to give the extension, so that way he’ll be on a 4 game winning streak rather than a 3 game winning streak.

If we somehow lose to FIU, he’ll wait until after we win either the Duke game or the bowl game to give the extension. If we finish 6-7, he’ll quietly give an extension, without announcing it publicly.

Why does Muschamp have a $19 million buyout? Why did Auburn extend Auburn extend Mazlhan when people thought he'd get fired. Purdue did it with Brohm and he's done nothing but go .500 or worse.

They want to show a stable program with a great young coach who's in it for the long haul. Happens every day.
I know that it is done around college sports but it’s crazy and the agents for coaches have pushed the narrative that if you don’t have five years left on your contract, it shows instability and lack of commitment. These universities continue to fall for the threats time and time again.

Advertisement
Back