Corch Forst Awarded A 2 year extension with a 8-13 record

Advertisement
Advertisement
Frost definitely doesn’t deserve an extension.

Although some of the fanbase is probably still slurping him just because he’s a former star QB.

It's not about deserving anything. It's about showing continuity and trust in the HC from a recruiting standpoint. Nebraska doesn't want other coaches telling recruits Frost is a lame duck that may not be around in a couple of years.

Every school does it. It's the nature of the beast.

It's not about deserving anything. It's about showing continuity and trust in the HC from a recruiting standpoint. Nebraska doesn't want other coaches telling recruits Frost is a lame duck that may not be around in a couple of years.

Every school does it. It's the nature of the beast.

You’re probably going to be thrilled with the extension we give Manny after we finish next year 7-6.

Advertisement
What idiotic takes.

I have no earthly idea if Scott Frost is the answer or not. But what I do know is Nebraska is a complete rebuild that will take more than two years. Much more of a rebuild than Miami.

So Nebraska decides to go all in with Frost because of recruiting, and because they probably know they can’t do any better than him.

They also realize that it is a complete rebuild. My assumption is that whoever would’ve been their coach, assuming Frost had not been hired, would have a similar record with their players.

Frost may or may not be a corch ... but either way, you’re not going to know unless you give him time.

Now, if he’s under .500 for year three, he’s going to be looking a lot more corchy

Advertisement
Advertisement
The "extension" is four recruiting. Depending on buyout/termination language, this so called extension may not put Nebraska on the hook four moe money than they already on the hook for now.

An extension that promised a $0 buyout would be meaningless.

Nebraska was looking to fix the culture as well as overhaul the whole team with new talent to fit a vastly different system. Much different than say a DC becoming HC at the same school

I wouldn’t extend him but I can see why they did

Advertisement
Back