Cool Chigozie Nnoruka Tidbit

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
From the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson:

Simpson said Nnoruka, during his visit to UM, had no interest in “dressing up” and enjoying the South Florida nightlife.

“He said, ‘Let’s not go. Let’s stay here and just talk ball,’” Simpson said. “He can not only help us, but we can help him. It’s a two-way street. He’s a ball junkie, great personality. He shows some pass rush about him that I really, really like.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article225570930.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
Advertisement
He knows this is his last best shot to get to the NFL. An the world will be watching week one vs Florida. If he can come in and land a starting spot or break into the two deep rotation he will be off to a great start.

Go Canes
This is exactly why I love graduate transfers! They have a no-nonsense type of an approach!

Recruits talk about making business decisions, but it's for their parents survival. Upperclassmen or grad transfers make business decisions, and it's for own survival.

Narrator: Nnoruka did in fact go out at 3am that night and multiple prostitutes remain missing to this day. Jess Simpson was none the wiser.

Jokes aside and as was mentioned, it's cool to see the attitude of some transfers vs a lot of recruits on their mini vacations here with their #1 priority being "enjoying the process".

Advertisement
This is exactly why I love graduate transfers! They have a no-nonsense type of an approach!

Recruits talk about making business decisions, but it's for their parents survival. Upperclassmen or grad transfers make business decisions, and it's for own survival.
And how many talented guys have we seen that just can’t handle the college experience?

These guys have been there, done that

These are the transfer kids we need from the portal!

These kids usually go to the draft years back and went undrafted! Now you have one year kids like him and KJ who are looking to kill it in their last year and double their money and be a draft pick or upgrade their draft position

Advertisement
Advertisement

Well put.

Nnoruka is all business which is great for the young pups to see the true business side of football. Sure, fun and comraderie are great, but the competition and the $$$ is the real allure and these guys (Chigozie, Hill, Osborne, etc) get that this is their best shot at influencing where they’ll land come the NFL Draft. Manny bringing them in not only greatly improves the talent and depth on the team, it also provides a platform for the rest of the team to see what hard work and commitment means.

Advertisement
Back