Cook & the mystery of who got the last visit...

FSU gonna be loaded for awhile

They were loaded from 2000-04 as well and we beat them 6 in a row.. FSU always out recruited us but choked against us.. Once Winston leaves after next season they will still be good but will go back to those years and lose 2-3 games a year..

Advertisement
CornBreath is my boy. I can't say exactly what he does in the dark, seedy, underbelly of the recruiting world, but he's privy to a lot of information few are.

He's the one I spoke to when I tried to warn you guys not to listen to that fake insider ***** sucker that pretended he went to Dwyer.

FSU gonna be loaded for awhile

They were loaded from 2000-04 as well and we beat them 6 in a row.. FSU always out recruited us but choked against us.. Once Winston leaves after next season they will still be good but will go back to those years and lose 2-3 games a year..

THIS.

They have always had monster classes on paper. The difference this year is that they caught lightning in a bottle with Winston. He's like a Vince Young for them. Without him, they are still a 2+ loss team IMO. As long as our staff is doing their homework on kids and getting the kids they feel really good about and like from a developmental standpoint, I think we are going to be just fine.

Good call, guys. FSU doesn't have a bunch of NFL players at every other position. It's only Winston.

And just because they had a staff in the early 2000's that could not maximize the talent they brought in, that will continue to be the case. So by that logic, the same way Coker and Shannon brought in 5 stars and got nothing from them, we can also expect to continue seeing the same results because nothing ever changes. Despite having completely different staffs, we are all locked in and destined to endure an everlasting cycle of the same results because of what took place 10 years ago.

so if this is the case. then who do guys think golden was talking about, when he mentioned someone committing at an all star game? he would not be just blowing smoke??

Advertisement
Good call, guys. FSU doesn't have a bunch of NFL players at every other position. It's only Winston.

And just because they had a staff in the early 2000's that could not maximize the talent they brought in, that will continue to be the case. So by that logic, the same way Coker and Shannon brought in 5 stars and got nothing from them, we can also expect to continue seeing the same results because nothing ever changes. Despite having completely different staffs, we are all locked in and destined to endure an everlasting cycle of the same results because of what took place 10 years ago.

No one said that. Why must you take everything to an extreme? FSU has always had NFL players. The point was that they have also had them the last few years, and have had great recruiting classes too, and yet found a way to drop 3-4 games a year. The difference this year is that they have a game changer QB that has taken them to another level. But all the hand wringing about Cook or Lane is the same every year when some SoFla kid goes to FSU and FSU is going to dominate the world for the next 100 years. I swear Ive been hearing the same thing for 25 years about FSU recruiting. Sometimes you have to look past the stars.

so if this is the case. then who do guys think golden was talking about, when he mentioned someone committing at an all star game? he would not be just blowing smoke??

I dont think he made it up, but a "silent commit" means nothing, and I would hope Golden was smart enough not to set up for a big disappointment based on the word of a "silent commit". I would hope it was a kid who seems very solid for him to have made that comment.

I also think the likeliest kid would be JC, not Cook or Rudolph.

Yes they have talent but when you have a Heisman winner and 1st pick talent at QB he makes the whole team and staff 10 times better.. Johhny Manziel turned a 7 or 8 win talent aggies team last year into a BCS team and beat Alabama..

Advertisement

No one said that. Why must you take everything to an extreme?

You just agreed that FSU is a perpetual 2-loss or more program now because they had a run where they recruited well but under-performed.

Who's taking something to the extreme?

FSU was loaded from 2000-2004 but we were undeniably more talented and it wasn't even close (unless you asked FSU fans). That's not the case right now.

Advertisement

No one said that. Why must you take everything to an extreme? FSU has always had NFL players. The point was that they have also had them the last few years, and have had great recruiting classes too, and yet found a way to drop 3-4 games a year. The difference this year is that they have a game changer QB that has taken them to another level. But all the hand wringing about Cook or Lane is the same every year when some SoFla kid goes to FSU and FSU is going to dominate the world for the next 100 years. I swear Ive been hearing the same thing for 25 years about FSU recruiting. Sometimes you have to look past the stars.

You are both taking it to extremes. Both FSU and Miami have been down the last decade but stop discounting the reality that right now FSU is rolling and it is more than just Winston. Also in the recent past the FSU classes were inflated under Bowden, because he would end up signing some 5 stars late that would never qualify, kinda like we did in 2010 to inflate our ranking when we signed Latwan Anderson or whatever his name was. The reality is that under Jimbo they have been steadily improving. Yeah they lost 4 games each year the first two years under Jimbo, but the last 'few years' as you your self said they have been 12-2 and 12-0, and have not lost 3-4 games a year.

You are both taking it to extremes. Both FSU and Miami have been down the last decade but stop discounting the reality that right now FSU is rolling and it is more than just Winston. Also in the recent past the FSU classes were inflated under Bowden, because he would end up signing some 5 stars late that would never qualify, kinda like we did in 2010 to inflate our ranking when we signed Latwan Anderson or whatever his name was. The reality is that under Jimbo they have been steadily improving. Yeah they lost 4 games each year the first two years under Jimbo, but the last 'few years' as you your self said they have been 12-2 and 12-0, and have not lost 3-4 games a year.

But I thought he was on track? :newman:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back