Cook going off

Advertisement
Fzac75, u tryna give me a history lesson? Lol!!!! Just so u know, nobody back in 89' knew who the **** Michael barrow was. Same for Ray Lewis in 93'. It's easy to make these statements AFTER the fact. My point was what the impact was at the time when these players didn't commit to um. Catastrophic. Dalvin cook could be on that same level.

Advertisement
Btw.....Duke >>>>>>> Cook

duke is not here forever, and has a broken ankle...

We need depth, bad. Sooo how about both

I'm referring to Pete saying Cook is the best players he's seen in six years

Cook is better than duke was in highschool

Not sure I would agree but its not as crazy as some want to make it...

Duke was a better back, but Cook plays full time defense and has a huge effect on that side of the ball, duke only played in spots on that side tho he was very effective. Cook is on the field a ton and can just take over games though... Im still leaning Duke right now...

But, Cook got center stage now. He went for close to 300 tonight I would think. He gonna put up some sick stats that we will have to revisit this, he has never carried the load and as talented as he is some underestimate him

It's Duke but yeah it's close

edit: agreed with skyman. its close because Cook is a stud on defense. Duke could have been but wasnt required to

Last edited:
Fzac75, u tryna give me a history lesson? Lol!!!! Just so u know, nobody back in 89' knew who the **** Michael barrow was. Same for Ray Lewis in 93'. It's easy to make these statements AFTER the fact. My point was what the impact was at the time when these players didn't commit to um. Catastrophic. Dalvin cook could be on that same level.

That's just it, history must be learned to gain perspective, you're right, nobody did know who they were, and yet history proves that it was not catrastrophic, history proved that your statement of fact as far as being catastrophic was wrong. The fact you state that it was when history proved that not to be the case, shows exactly that you missed the point. If not history would have proven that it was, when it fact we have historical facts to prove we ended up just fine without them.

History has shown, that first we will not get every top rated South Florida kid, we should still try to, but history has shown we won't, but what history has shown is that as long as you the staff does their job at evaluating and getting the right kids to fit their system, we will be fine given the dearth of talent in South Florida.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Advertisement

Change it to nobody in South Fla knew who Ray was... I was a jit .. roughly 10 and everytime Bartow played Kathleen my pops would point out Ray and say that young man is going to be somebody in the league one day... He said the same thing about Tracy McGrady,Amare Stoudemire, Desmond Clark, Freddie Mitchell (Polk) Reidel anthony, Fred Taylor, Anquan Boldin, Peter Warrick,Warren Sapp (close but out of county) and a bunch of others from the area. If a bunch of us didnt let the "streetlife" affect us during college you'd know more.. but hey that's life... It's nice when a no name becomes legendary

Btw.....Duke >>>>>>> Cook

LULZ, So what If Cook almost had 300 yards, Duke went OFF in the playoffs and ran for 335 yards and 5 TD in the Championship. Cook has elite speed but Duke has elite vision, patience, speed, acceleration, stiff arm and balance

Last edited:

LULZ, So what If Cook almost had 300 yards, Duke went OFF in the playoffs and ran for 335 yards and 5 TD in the Championship. Cook has elite speed but Duke has elite vision, patience, speed, acceleration, stiff arm and balance

Duke actually did that in the semi-finals. . Only had about 150 in the championship but he also had a kick return for a td and had like 3 total tds

Duke actually did that in the semi-finals. . Only had about 150 in the championship but he also had a kick return for a td and had like 3 total tds

Check again, he had around 300+/- in all the semi finals and definitely had over 300 yards and 5 TD in the championship

Advertisement
Clearly haven't watched cook play besides the fact that he puts up duke like stats sharing the ball with another top back . It's ones opinion and in mine he's better than duke was in high school

I watched Duke play in the playoffs, once in the muck he put up 275 that game and then I think 375 in another one. He went over 200 in every game in the playoffs, he didn't have a huge amount of carries either. Duke was the best I have ever seen, Cook is and will be a great player, but not as good as Duke in HS.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Give me Duke over Cook. Cook may be bigger and faster but Duke's vision, acceleration and stiff arm are second to none. Duke also would have been a 5 star CB if he wanted to. I know Cook plays both ways too but on defense Duke was better.

We are all guilty of crowning the new guy as the best ever, but I beg you all to go back and watch Duke Johnson's senior highlight film. That's one of, if not THE best high light films I've ever seen. Duke is special

Not true. People knew who Micheal Barrow was. Maybe not the preeminent national recruit like Marvin Jones, but he was definitely known and coveted by a lot of schools. As I recall, he called a press conference and put on a Miami jersey and the UF assistant was there, got visibly angry. I also heard a rumor that Jimmy Johnson didn't like his personality, but still we wanted him very badly and he was a very well known recruit.

Ray Lewis was something of a different story. He was one of the higher ranked safeties in the state. We got on him late, when he didn't have any offers after signing day. His academics were poor, and it looked like he was headed to juco. Somehow, we found a way to get him qualified. It was Tommy Tuberville who went to talk to his HS coach and pulled him in. He was not in our class on signing day. He was on all the lists, but not asthe very top player. It was amazing how this guy burst on the scene when he got to the U.

Advertisement
Back