Conspiracy for the U to stay buried.

Obviously, yes. We're not going to outbid a program like USC for Urban Meyer. But even if we could, he has a track record for controversy and instability. Plus he has established himself as a bit of a mercenary. From what I've heard, our administration is looking to avoid that sort of thing. But I think we would take a younger version of Urban Meyer, if he were available. There are hungry young successful head coaches out there toiling away at small universities and mid-majors, and those are the guys we need to go after. We don't have to go after a big name to win.
Im a double alum now at USC law. But I worked at the Hecht and Gables One Tower post undergrad-grad School. I heard conversations between VERY important people. Trust me, they don’t mind the football team losing in order to continue the steady stream of revenue that goes into independent research that always helps tailor the fraud medical system that is RAMPANT in Miami. That’s what it’s about. The higher ups are from backgrounds where athletics werent seen as important as the bottom line of a few powerful people. The DNA of “The U” has been purposefully stripped away. The renegade years of the 80-90s can’t be duplicated simply because of our modern time. Yet, competent and coherent strategies on building continuing the brand of the U should be fostered. They aren’t. And that’s because it’s intentional.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You are an idiot and an obvious troll. "The city" didn't "agree to finance the renovations", the City of Miami broke a SIGNED CONTRACT with Hammes because the Latin Builders Association and the Miami Marlins pressured them to back out of the deal.

And plenty of people on this board continue to support the Marlins and give them money.
you are wrong. The city had a idea to refurbish and renovate the OB but Shalala stated it would
Be too much burden on the “taxpayers”. Yet, the Marlins came in and did the same thing to a much more egregious extent. And no trolling. Check my banners.

Attachments

• 2612C4DB-2B6D-4EDD-B833-15F05B822418.jpeg
    2612C4DB-2B6D-4EDD-B833-15F05B822418.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 75568DEF-3315-48EA-AB03-668F1E68E6E1.jpeg
    75568DEF-3315-48EA-AB03-668F1E68E6E1.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 02C1C621-63C0-4AEF-9E32-B083883D7BD3.jpeg
    02C1C621-63C0-4AEF-9E32-B083883D7BD3.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 7DC70276-6324-4A67-8F71-C7E568FD6254.jpeg
    7DC70276-6324-4A67-8F71-C7E568FD6254.jpeg
    220.7 KB · Views: 14
  • CBA56DFD-C18F-45C0-B222-DB0D48808C3A.jpeg
    CBA56DFD-C18F-45C0-B222-DB0D48808C3A.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 806FC2CB-F979-47EA-B1B2-C3FB459E2263.png
    806FC2CB-F979-47EA-B1B2-C3FB459E2263.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 12
You are an idiot and an obvious troll. "The city" didn't "agree to finance the renovations", the City of Miami broke a SIGNED CONTRACT with Hammes because the Latin Builders Association and the Miami Marlins pressured them to back out of the deal.

And plenty of people on this board continue to support the Marlins and give them money.
Yet it's crazy that Manny's dad was leading the charge and Manny gets a job here.

Well, there is another consideration, and it's my friend and some of his sources close to the football team. The real reason I didn't post anything back in August is because almost all of the information I had was very specific and could have been traced back to certain people if the wrong eyes (current coaches, current players, current administration employees) had seen it. For example, that story about the ex-UM receiver? I got that on the very same day it occurred. So if I had immediately posted about it here, it could have gotten back to the coaches, and they would have been able to figure out who it came from. My friend knows I share some of his "insight" here (ha ha, pun intended) and trusts that I won't say anything to compromise his identity (Hey K, just in case you are reading this, I've got your back). Like I said, he is a Cane fan first, in the sense that he grew up a Cane and was a fan before he was ever offered a scholarship to go to school there or offered a job to work there.

We are going to be fine in the long run. Trust me. We went 6-6 with a coaching staff that is basically learning on the job. What do you think is going to happen when we finally get lucky and nab the right coach? We're still sitting smack dab in the middle of the best, most fertile recruiting grounds in the entire country. We still have a legacy of turning guys into NFL all-timers. We still have a reputation for success. Just because our administration is hellbent on running a clean(er) program doesn't mean we are relegated to being losers. We just need the right coach is all.
Can't win with choir boys though.

According to this article it was the militant midget, hot dog Dee and the BOT that declined the City of Miami's renovation money.

https://www.stateoftheu.com/2019/11...-howard-schnellenberger-2005-georgia-tech-fiu

Advertisement
According to this article it was the militant midget, hot dog Dee and the BOT that declined the City of Miami's renovation money.

https://www.stateoftheu.com/2019/11...-howard-schnellenberger-2005-georgia-tech-fiu
As I stated. Shalala declined renovations. The people in charge didn’t want a certain new group of new acc types coming to little Havana and “that environment”. They stripped away the OB and the U identity for t he Coral Gables/South Beach country club atmosphere.

As I stated. Shalala declined renovations. The people in charge didn’t want a certain new group of new acc types coming to little Havana and “that environment”. They stripped away the OB and the U identity for t he Coral Gables/South Beach country club atmosphere.
I hope the militant midget joins hot dog Dee sooner than later.

And now the football team is embarrassing the university in other ways. By losing to FIU and barely qualifying for a bowl.

I wonder if the continual drop in academic rankings is consistent with the university's mission? Or how about the fact that Miami's endowment is less than half that of Pomona University or Grinnell College?

I would suspect those things are not. But the university is run by incompetents. Incompetent leadership begets stupid decisions, even if they mean well.

The University of Miami is more irrelevant today than it has ever been.
they've scissfied our school in other words..

From declining Gary Patterson and Dan Mullen (twice), to hiring Shalala, to eliminating the greatest home field advantage in history of college football the OB after the city agreed to finance the renovations, to hiring these cheap no talent coaches over and over one must ponder whether they simply don’t want us to return at the top of the pyramid at UM. Richt only got approved for a indoor facility after having to front 1million of his own money in order for Ad/President to sign off. It’s a conspiracy. President/AD don’t want UM to win anymore. They don’t want to “The u” to exist anymore. Manny & Co are the problem. But they also are nothing but broken strings on a damaged guitar.

Did they really make Richt promise his own money for the indoor field? I hadn’t heard that. **** them.

Anyway you might be on to something. Time for the fans and former students to do a complete embargo on all things Miami. No more donations. No more Miami crap from the bookstore. No more going to games. And no more watching Miami on tv.

***** them.

Advertisement
For someone who has never been to the OB. Why was it such a massive advantage? Compared to like death valley or another place like that.

It was close to campus, easy to get to on the metro rail. It was one of the classic stadiums in the country. And It was cool. The atmosphere was amazing, much better than in an antiseptic pro stadium. You had to actually walk through Overton to get there from the metrorail station. I wish you had the opportunity to go there but alas someone made the decision that our football program was no longer important - without consulting us.

Last edited:
Trust me, they don’t mind the football team losing in order to continue the steady stream of revenue that goes into independent research that always helps tailor the fraud medical system that is RAMPANT in Miami. That’s what it’s about.

Can you explain this in a little more detail? I'm not sure I understand the part about the fraud/medical system angle in all of this.

I don't disagree with you about them not minding the football team losing, but it's my understanding that they prefer to win as long as it can be done cleanly and without "noise in the system". They aren't going to break the bank or cut corners to get there, but they will change coaches and not just look the other way while losing seasons are happening.

Well it doesn't answer my question, but @Rellyrell and @ddann did so its all good.

That would be evidence to back up your claim, but it doesn't tell me WHY it was so much better.
There is no conspiracy to bury the University of Miami football program. I know this for a fact.

What's really happening is, a decision was made 10-15 years ago to sort of "reset" the football program so that it could generate a new culture that wouldn't continually embarrass the university. The administration is not opposed to the Hurricanes football team, or any other athletic program at the University of Miami, achieving national success, or even dominance. What they are opposed to is the athletic department hurting and/or destroying the credibility of the academic/research side of the university. The old administration didn't care if people around the country viewed the University of Miami as "Thug U" or "the CoCanes". The new administration does. They are going to hire stable, clean-cut coaches to run the athletic programs, even if they aren't necessarily successful. They will keep trying to find coaches who can win and bring in revenue, but they won't let any of the sports within the athletic department becomes circuses, like football was from the mid-80s to the mid-2000s. They are all in favor of winning national titles if it can be done cleanly and without any negative attention to the university.

That's how it was explained to me.

Thats been my impression too, but why have our academic ratings gone way down? Ten years ago we had moved up in to the 40s. Now we are ~65 and falling fast.

Things haven’t been the same since Tad Foote left.

Advertisement
There is no conspiracy to bury the University of Miami football program. I know this for a fact.

What's really happening is, a decision was made 10-15 years ago to sort of "reset" the football program so that it could generate a new culture that wouldn't continually embarrass the university. The administration is not opposed to the Hurricanes football team, or any other athletic program at the University of Miami, achieving national success, or even dominance. What they are opposed to is the athletic department hurting and/or destroying the credibility of the academic/research side of the university. The old administration didn't care if people around the country viewed the University of Miami as "Thug U" or "the CoCanes". The new administration does. They are going to hire stable, clean-cut coaches to run the athletic programs, even if they aren't necessarily successful. They will keep trying to find coaches who can win and bring in revenue, but they won't let any of the sports within the athletic department becomes circuses, like football was from the mid-80s to the mid-2000s. They are all in favor of winning national titles if it can be done cleanly and without any negative attention to the university.

That's how it was explained to me.
I posted in another thread like this but it really seemed the turning point was after the FIU brawl. We were already trending down but I'll never forget the troll up at the podium just livid, saying that "this is not the old Miami, this is the new Miami." It **** sure seems that's when she made it her personal mission to make sure we would never be associated with the teams of old. Which also included the most successful teams.

Advertisement
The U 30 for 30 piece sealed the deal.

And that will never go away, it will remain a painful reminder of what once was and how a bunch of egg heads had to leave their mark, its what people in education do; they can't make decisions for **** but they put on the tweed suits and try and leave a mark their territory like a crosseyed raccoon ****ing all over tradition and the things that put the college on the Map - and that goes back to George Myra years, not just when they won NCs.

They want to distance themselves and pretend they're an Ivy League school. Just look how bad education is in this country, egg heads come up with standardized tests, or ome new hot idea for assessments change everything, ***** kids up then change just as teachers are getting comfortable with it.

I thought I couldn't hate the militant midget more than I did when she was the President, I was wrong.

The U 30 for 30 piece sealed the deal.

And that will never go away, it will remain a painful reminder of what once was and how a bunch of egg heads had to leave their mark, its what people in education do; they can't make decisions for **** but they put on the tweed suits and try and leave a mark their territory like a crosseyed raccoon ****ing all over tradition and the things that put the college on the Map - and that goes back to George Myra years, not just when they won NCs.

They want to distance themselves and pretend they're an Ivy League school. Just look how bad education is in this country, egg heads come up with standardized tests, or ome new hot idea for assessments change everything, ***** kids up then change just as teachers are getting comfortable with it.
Similar to what happened to UNLV basketball.

Tarks own admin was out to get him.

I posted in another thread like this but it really seemed the turning point was after the FIU brawl. We were already trending down but I'll never forget the troll up at the podium just livid, saying that "this is not the old Miami, this is the new Miami." It **** sure seems that's when she made it her personal mission to make sure we would never be associated with the teams of old. Which also included the most successful teams.
Yet wasn't the troll at the helm when there was a huge financial scandal (missing $$$) involving the Marine or Medical dept. a few years ago?

Advertisement
Back