Consider Knee Braces For Everybody

I saw a clip the other day where the team was doing knee exercises to strengthen the knee which is a preventative measure. A knee brace can be used as a preventative measure especially for people who have had prior knee injuries. Most skill guys have had some type knee injury or sprain. Wearing a knee brace will not weaken the knee especially when you excising to strengthen the knee.

Lastly, a cast or full body cast is a injury treatment measure - BIG difference.

Advertisement
I saw a clip the other day where the team was doing knee exercises to strengthen the knee which is a preventative measure. A knee brace can be used as a preventative measure especially for people who have had prior knee injuries. Most skill guys have had some type knee injury or sprain. Wearing a knee brace will not weaken the knee especially when you excising to strengthen the knee.

Lastly, a cast or full body cast is a injury treatment measure - BIG difference.

I feel sorry for you because you don't realize what a clueless clown you are. It's kind of sad.

Candy's that knock your suggestions but can't think of anything better:

mjackson6
1mg of Epi
OriginalCanesCan
NoVaCane04
Tad Footeball
grover
TreOFive
supacane
luciano.8
Ibis Wingz
iLoveTDs
AutoCANE
crimson_cane
iLoveTDs

Classic lizards...

If there was a suggestion or solution to the problem I'm sure guys that have had their careers in the NFL destroyed by knee injuries would have done it by now.

When you see Jamal Charles wearing a knee brace all week let me know.

No shot a brace ever happens for skills position players but they do make knee sleeves for this. Not as supportive but provide a little more strength.

It's common sense that wearing a brace supports the knee so the muscles in the knee don't have to. You get those muscles less involved and they weaken. The "scientific " solution that trainers would tell you, probably not in season, but to do more strenuous exercises on the knee and more cutting during your training. But that's only smart in the off season.

All that being said there's no way to prevent a meniscus or acl tear except to do absolutely nothing. There's no muscle to strengthen to prevent it, there's no brace that prevents it. Only immobilizing the knee all together. Once you get to a level of speed and quickness in cfb, it's out of your control. Can happen any minute. 2 ACL injuries is very common for a cfb team. 2 meniscus surgeries is very common. Just bad timing. If this happened in the beginning of fall camp, or even the middle, they don't miss a game.

There was a time when football players didn't wear helmet, face masks or mouth pieces. Eventually people wised up and now that is the standard. Some players still have brain\facial injuries and teeth knocked out. Today you see more more players use braces of some kind to prevent the more serious injuries. With so much money on the line you would be a fool not to.

The positives out weigh the negatives. It's better to have a healthy knee going into draft week rather than coming off 2 or 3 MCL surgeries.

Last edited:

mjackson6
1mg of Epi
OriginalCanesCan
NoVaCane04
Tad Footeball
grover
TreOFive
supacane
luciano.8
Ibis Wingz
iLoveTDs
AutoCANE
crimson_cane
iLoveTDs

Classic lizards...

If there was a suggestion or solution to the problem I'm sure guys that have had their careers in the NFL destroyed by knee injuries would have done it by now.

When you see Jamal Charles wearing a knee brace all week let me know.

No shot a brace ever happens for skills position players but they do make knee sleeves for this. Not as supportive but provide a little more strength.

It's common sense that wearing a brace supports the knee so the muscles in the knee don't have to. You get those muscles less involved and they weaken. The "scientific " solution that trainers would tell you, probably not in season, but to do more strenuous exercises on the knee and more cutting during your training. But that's only smart in the off season.

All that being said there's no way to prevent a meniscus or acl tear except to do absolutely nothing. There's no muscle to strengthen to prevent it, there's no brace that prevents it. Only immobilizing the knee all together. Once you get to a level of speed and quickness in cfb, it's out of your control. Can happen any minute. 2 ACL injuries is very common for a cfb team. 2 meniscus surgeries is very common. Just bad timing. If this happened in the beginning of fall camp, or even the middle, they don't miss a game.

Somebody with understanding and common sense. Well put.

To even suggest that skill position players, i.e., anyone not on the line, would even consider wearing a knee brace is knee-slapping laughable. It shows a complete lack of understanding of even the most basic fundamentals of football. It's something only a third-grade girl with no knowledge of football would suggest.

I was hoping this ropa clown would get there by himself, but the guy is completely oblivious.

Advertisement
I've got the solution!!!

The-Most-Popular-inflatable-bouncy-ball-human.jpg

You can go on for days with guys that lost their careers to knee injuries.... Yatil Green and Greg Cooper for starters... I'm sure a knee brace could have resulted in less server injury. It's way to much money on the line to not have one.

You're either a troll and have pulled me in, in which case, congrats, good job...

... or you're just a really dumb cūnt

Advertisement
Really Dude?? Now you want to resort to name calling because I have a valid solution to the problem. You and your buddies couldn't find one functional brain cell among you to put forth a better solution. All of yawl and not one brain cell among you. SMDH!!!

Last edited:
Ok, so each down the offense rolls a 20 sided die to determine how many yards they gain (obviously with multipliers based on talent of ball carrier etc.). Then the defense rolls a 8 sided die to determine how many yards they subtract from the offense's total. I've got to work out a system for penalties, weather, home field advantage and such, but I think this shows promise.

:q3XKXeX:

AG had high charisma points with low intelligence

bubble-wrap-guy.jpg

[MENTION=11252]1mg of Epi[/MENTION] was this the kind of wrapping you were referring too??

Last edited:
Ok, so each down the offense rolls a 20 sided die to determine how many yards they gain (obviously with multipliers based on talent of ball carrier etc.). Then the defense rolls a 8 sided die to determine how many yards they subtract from the offense's total. I've got to work out a system for penalties, weather, home field advantage and such, but I think this shows promise.

:q3XKXeX:

AG had high charisma points with low intelligence

Yeah, but his corpulence score was through the roof.

Advertisement

mjackson6
1mg of Epi
OriginalCanesCan
NoVaCane04
Tad Footeball
grover
TreOFive
supacane
luciano.8
Ibis Wingz
iLoveTDs
AutoCANE
crimson_cane
iLoveTDs

Classic lizards...

I offered a perfectly good solution, thank u very much.

Advertisement
Big difference between knee bracing for lineman and skill players. Lineman's main injury or thing to look out for is the side knee hit from another player falling into their knee. For some people, the ACL just pops on those hits. For example, if you get the ACL cadaver surgery, doc will tell you that the side knee hit will re-tear the graft (that's why they don't recommend that graft for professional athletes). You can build lineman knee braces that lock their knees in a straight motion and they can still perform at a high level. If I was a lineman, I would brace. Reconstruction surgery is a ***** and you will lose at least 8 months of play and sanity.

But for skill players, a knee brace will either limit their cutting ability or slow the athlete down. Graig Cooper lost a career from his knee injury, but a brace wouldn't have been the solution. It would slow him down and take away from his natural athleticism. He never would have worn it. The solution (albeit years away) is serious improvements in knee surgery (healing surgery rather than grafting and reconstruction).

Big difference between knee bracing for lineman and skill players. Lineman's main injury or thing to look out for is the side knee hit from another player falling into their knee. For some people, the ACL just pops on those hits. For example, if you get the ACL cadaver surgery, doc will tell you that the side knee hit will re-tear the graft (that's why they don't recommend that graft for professional athletes). You can build lineman knee braces that lock their knees in a straight motion and they can still perform at a high level. If I was a lineman, I would brace. Reconstruction surgery is a ***** and you will lose at least 8 months of play and sanity.

But for skill players, a knee brace will either limit their cutting ability or slow the athlete down. Graig Cooper lost a career from his knee injury, but a brace wouldn't have been the solution. It would slow him down and take away from his natural athleticism. He never would have worn it. The solution (albeit years away) is serious improvements in knee surgery (healing surgery rather than grafting and reconstruction).

Why don't NFL lineman wear knee braces? Maybe because studies suggest they do more harm than good, like the two studies in the article?

BTW I don't think anyone is talking about skill players. Just O-Line

Advertisement
Back