Consider Knee Braces For Everybody

OP has a point. There's a reason a lot of guys are now running their 40's at the combine with knee braces on.

I think the problem is Gus has the guys doing power cleans which reduces explosiveness and only weakens the knee. You never power clean an opponent so we should stop doing the exercise to reduce injuries.

When I first read this, I thought "naw, he's not going to get anybody AGAIN with this one" Low and behold, I've been proven wrong yet again.

Advertisement
Candy's that knock your suggestions but can't think of anything better:

mjackson6
1mg of Epi
OriginalCanesCan
NoVaCane04
Tad Footeball
grover
TreOFive
supacane
luciano.8
Ibis Wingz
iLoveTDs
AutoCANE
crimson_cane
iLoveTDs

Classic lizards...

Yes and the extent of the list should show you and anyone else making the suggestion to not do power cleans and to wear braces is beyond idiotic.

I'd consider this for offensive linemen.

Belichick requires all his OL to wear braces and I can't remember the last time one of them had a significant knee injury.

Advertisement

Belichick requires all his OL to wear braces and I can't remember the last time one of them had a significant knee injury.

You're wrong. Injury Report: Patriots Down To Their Last Five Offensive Linemen « CBS Boston

I'm so tired of people saying stuff just to say something. Do us a favor and stop relying on your memory.

LOL.

I'm not wrong at all. Tre Jackson sprained his knee, it would've been a torn ACL if he wasn't wearing a brace. I watched the play live when it happened.

You're wrong. Injury Report: Patriots Down To Their Last Five Offensive Linemen « CBS Boston

I'm so tired of people saying stuff just to say something. Do us a favor and stop relying on your memory.

How was he wrong? All he said was that he can't remember when the last one had a major injury.

How was he wrong? All he said was that he can't remember when the last one had a major injury.

Article on how him wearing the brace possibly saved him from major ligament damage:

Tre' Jackson of New England Patriots won't need surgery on knee

Advertisement
OP has a point. There's a reason a lot of guys are now running their 40's at the combine with knee braces on.

I think the problem is Gus has the guys doing power cleans which reduces explosiveness and only weakens the knee. You never power clean an opponent so we should stop doing the exercise to reduce injuries.

The power clean reduces explosiveness? It might be the single most explosive lift one can do. I can't think of another lift that trains fast twitch fibers more effectively than a power clean. If you are an athlete and you're not doing power cleans, you're behind the times.

Good luck with all that explosiveness if you don't have any ACLs left.

In the randomized controlled trial, the authors of that study did find that prophylactic knee bracing significantly reduced MCL injuries. One of the prospective cohort studies involving Big Ten football showed a trend toward decreased MCL injuries with bracing but not a significant difference. Two of the other prospective cohort studies showed no significant difference in the incidence of knee injuries between braced and non-braced players as well as no difference in the severity of the knee injuries that occurred. One study actually showed an increase in ligament injuries in the group of players who wore a brace. Finally one study not only showed a higher rate of knee injuries in the group who wore braces but also showed an increase in foot and ankle injuries among players who wore a brace.

Do knee braces prevent injuries in football? | Dr. David Geier - Sports Medicine Simplified

image.jpg

Please tell me again how I'm wrong, [MENTION=1998]crimson_cane[/MENTION].

Advertisement
I'd take it a step farther and wear full leg casts during practice.

I'd take it a step farther and wear full body casts during practice.

That's not a bad idea, but I was thinking the mobility might be too restricted that way.

How about polio leg braces? I think they're a little stronger even than the typical knee braces we see in football, and they cover the tib/fib area too. If Sam was wearing polio leg braces he wouldn't have broke his leg yesterday.

View attachment 38342

Please tell me again how I'm wrong, @<b><a href="https://www.canesinsight.com/member/crimson_cane/" target="_blank">crimson_cane</a></b>.

Crimson cane is wearing the crimson mask after this beating.

Crimson cane=guy in doo rag
nystateofmind=guy in red ball cap

[video=youtube;e14eu4Zbink]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e14eu4Zbink&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3De 14eu4Zbink&has_verified=1[/video]

Advertisement
Maybe we can get The Rock to donate some of those nifty knee & elbow protectors that he wears to outfit the whole team?

2FA99AEE00000578-3377226-image-m-33_1451383503726.jpg

Braces may protect the knee in some cases but they cause hip and ankle injuries in others. If the body cannot get the range of motion from the knee, it will find it either up or down the chain aka the hip or knee. It's the same type of situation with excessive ankle taping. You cannot immobilize one joint without there being repercussions at other joints.

How many players are out with hip injuries? How many are out with knee injuries? OK, so your sure that braces can help prevent serious knee injuries in most cases but your more concerned about in increase in hip injuries... Got it!

I don't agree that the brace "saved" him. If it was a FACT that braces saved knees, then don't you think every lineman would wear them? Even if it did, as has been mentioned earlier your knee starts to depend on the brace which results in it getting weaker. It also maybe make you more likely to get ankle or hip injuries because it forces your knee into an unnatural alignment...maybe that's why the patriots are down to 5 lineman because they are required to wear braces even though there is no proof that players are better off.

And sorry franchise and ibis that I have a life and a real job so I can be on canes sight all day to respond right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back