Congratulations Gerald Willis -- 2nd Team All-ACC

Advertisement
ACC trolling like ****. Shaq 1st team but Willis and JJ4 2nd, Bandy 3rd, and Joe Jack honorable mention? YALL DONE LOST YA DAM MIND!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah, I'm really not understanding how Willis isn't first team. I'm fully aware that Clemson's DTs are in because of hype and how Clemson did......but then how do we explain Brian Burns being 1st team on 1 of 2 ACC teams that didn't make a bowl game?

Advertisement
HOW THE FU*CK IS HE ONLY 2nd TEAM ?!?!
This is the politics of college sports. Willis outplayed Clemson DT Dexter Lawrence who had 31 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, 0.5 sacks, and 1 interception.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/dexter-lawrence-1.html

Willis had 59 tackles, league leading 18 tackles for loss, and 4 sacks.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/gerald-willis-iii-1.html

The productivity is not even close.

Let's not forget, Clemson also has Clelin Ferrel who had 42 tackles, 16 tackles for loss, and 10.5 sacks.

So while Willis is seeing double teams, Dexter Lawrence has another first rounder on the other side giving them both 1 on 1 opportunities.

This is the Clemson hype and darling off the ACC. The bottom line, Miami has been better or equal to Clemson's defensive team as our LBs and secondary are better than Clemson's.

Clemson's defense gave up on average 198 yards passing and 92 yards rushing while Miami's defense averaged 141 passing and 127 rushing. In total Clemson gave up 290 per game while Miami gave up 268 per game. That's an amazing stat given how much more Miami's defense is on the field given our lackluster offense.

Only reason G-Willis is 2nd team is because we're 7-5 and Clemson is undefeated with 2 DTs that will also likely go in the 1st round. I doubt Willis falls past the 2nd. Garvin didn't make the list given he's only got 5.5 sacks on the year; he's a talent, but he just didn't get to the QB enough. Burns over Jackson is because he passed Jackson in all stats (8.5 sacks to 10). But Joe Jackson not being on any of the lists is the weirdest thing I've seen. Should've at least been 3rd team.

inside job by Manny so he returns next year

Advertisement
Back