Congrats, TVD. It's your W.

I can't even remember the last time a Miami Hurricane offense had so many positive yards off bubble screens.

Encouraging. @LuCane

Signed,

Peruche

Advertisement
ZomboMeme 30102021175834.jpg

He looks like he’s completely in command out there mentally.

He doesn’t get rattled. He’s on to the next play immediately.

Rambo had that huge drop as well that is probably a TD 75% of the time.

He’s the goods.

Rambo also dropped a ball earlier that would’ve been a touchdown, we eventually settled for a FG. Ball was on the money.

So much poise. The line has blocked better for him, too.
Here's the cool thing about the line blocking better. When your QB can throw the ball all over the field, the D can not have so many guys at the LOS. That alone takes a crap ton of pressure off the OL. It's been said a million times, but a really good QB can make a very average OL look so much better, simply by being able to keep the D honest.

Advertisement
I agreed with taking a knee before the half. We had a 14 point lead, all the momentum and were getting the ball to start the second half.

Lashlee needs to improve his play calling in critical situations, especially with the offensive weapons we have.
I would have to disagree with this. Normally yes, but it depends on the situation. In this situation, there was no way we were going to stop Pickett in the 2nd half, and we didn't. The guy threw for over 500 yards against us. It was going to be a shoot out. We needed every point we could get at every opportunity.

If TVD had been struggling or if our kicker couldn't kick, I absolutely would agree with you. But TVD had been lights out. Borregales could make it from close to 50. All we needed was 2 intermediate throws to get in field goal range. We had 2 timeouts. Momentum was in our favor, why give it up. IMO, we had to at least try and score. Worst case scenario, we turn it over, but once gain with less than 30 seconds and Pitt with only 1 time out, the risk, IMO, was worth it.

Last edited:
Rambo also dropped a ball earlier that would’ve been a touchdown, we eventually settled for a FG. Ball was on the money.
Yeah our receiving core is nice. TVD for the most part throws the ball where only they can get it

His INTs have been a little fluky at times but even his incomplete passes are usually in a spot to let them make a play

Advertisement
To my fellow "Garcia Me" bros.... I'm shedding a tear as I type this.....but.... BigDvckVanDyke is MY QB! Leeeeetttzzzz riiiiide!!

Everyone who wanted Garcia wanted him because he's a "gunslinger".

Gunslingers make questionable throws often
Not sure how much more of a "gunslinger" Garcia would be. TVD pushes the ball down field pretty often... And he's confident doing it.

Advertisement
Back