Congrats, TVD. It's your W.

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
Yes, everyone is concerned about what this means for our reset, but hope we take a second to talk about this TVD dude as well.

He won a game against a ranked team virtually on his own:

- 32/42 (76%!)
- 428 yards
- 1 very funny, but effective 1st down conversion off a ball fake
- That late INT when the WRs fell down, but I gotta watch the play again to see what he saw on the backend.
- Some absolute laser beams across the entire field
- Lots of well-placed balls in the bubble game against Man coverage, allowing for extra yards
- One spectacular off-platform throw in the face of pressure, where he intentionally threw KSmith open for a TD

I said earlier that, since I had made no predictions about Garcia vs TVD (i hadn't watched either enough), I didn't have a horse in the race. Whichever one plays better, that's who I would root for to be our QB. When TVD starts scanning the field a tick faster, his arm will be even more lethal. I can see the TVD vs Garcia factions already formulating, so I thought this thread for TVD was deserving.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
TVD has won the job on the field.
The INT was jsut a weird play with 2 receivers falling down. But considering that we were in field goal range TVD has to recognize that the throw to Harley was not worth the risk. Even if he was standing he had 2 defenders right next to him.
I gotta see the replay. In the gameday discussion, I was told Harley was "wide open." But, in the live view, it didn't seem like it. I thought it was a play where the ball should get thrown in the stands, but I'll re-watch.

Advertisement
He looks like he’s completely in command out there mentally.

He doesn’t get rattled. He’s on to the next play immediately.

Rambo had that huge drop as well that is probably a TD 75% of the time.

He’s the goods.

Advertisement
I’ll take that one “mistake” from a RFR QB all day when the rest of the game is factored in. 76% completion rate speaks volumes.

I gotta see the replay. In the gameday discussion, I was told Harley was "wide open." But, in the live view, it didn't seem like it. I thought it was a play where the ball should get thrown in the stands, but I'll re-watch.
Can not expect any QB to be perfect? TVD will make some mistakes but still best QB we have had on the field at least since Dorsey

Advertisement
Back