Congrats, TVD. It's your W.

He won’t. Manny didn’t become a better coach over the last 4 games. He just has a QB who is very good and very clutch. Any objective observer has to recognize that Manny is still not and will not be a good coach.
We can say the same thing about Dabo . Without a good QB he won’t even make the ACC championship game

Advertisement
I only recall one truly bad throw from TVD this entire game.

The only time TVD was stopped over the past two games was when Lashlee went into the fetal position with playcalling.
When they got the ball with 26 seconds left in the second quarter after the missed field goal and didn’t even not run one play to see if you can get a field goal. That was frustrating. It just continued with the first series to start the second half. (After another ridiculous kickoff return!)
Lashlee was going into fetal position before the second half started. Pickett forced him to start playing again.

Advertisement
Everyone knows where I’ve stood and still stand.

I’ve got all chips pushed into the middle of the table, betting on TVD. He’s the real deal.

Best QB in the ACC next year and top 3 QB in all of CFB

He’ll he’s already looking like the second best QB in the ACC, along with Pickett

When they got the ball with 26 seconds left in the second quarter after the missed field goal and didn’t even not run one play to see if you can get a field goal. That was frustrating. It just continued with the first series to start the second half. (After another ridiculous kickoff return!)
Lashlee was going into fetal position before the second half started. Pickett forced him to start playing again.

I agreed with taking a knee before the half. We had a 14 point lead, all the momentum and were getting the ball to start the second half.

Lashlee needs to improve his play calling in critical situations, especially with the offensive weapons we have.

He looks like he’s completely in command out there mentally.

He doesn’t get rattled. He’s on to the next play immediately.

Rambo had that huge drop as well that is probably a TD 75% of the time.

He’s the goods.

Yep and like I said last week this roster and the QB plus being Miami and in great recruiting grounds makes this a very appealing job.

Just get rid of the AD as well but can’t complain about a win this won’t save Mannys job

Advertisement
He plays with Confidence. Loved his answer in the postgame that he was upset that they only scored 7 points in the 2nd half. Too many times we have seen where players just happy to win.

He won’t. Manny didn’t become a better coach over the last 4 games. He just has a QB who is very good and very clutch. Any objective observer has to recognize that Manny is still not and will not be a good coach.
Who recruited van dyke? If Diaz brought him In. Give him credit.

Advertisement
I agree, you can never score enough points.

Advertisement

TVD isn’t doing it by himself.

The coaches didn’t have this team ready to play and THE ENTIRE TEAM came out the gate playing like hot garbage.

Lashlee and the offensive line were pure embarrassments. Got to give credit to Lashlee, Justice, and the line. They have been much better. I didn’t think they would turn it around and ruin TVD or Garcia. They are giving TVD room to grow and he is stepping up to the plate. I couldn’t be prouder of the growth and leadership Van Dyke has shown.

I suspected we had three big time quarterbacks in that room. Two proved themselves on the field and I have no reason to believe Garcia couldn’t do the same thing.

We have to keep upgrading the coaching. We can’t be wasting these guys. We used King wrong and despite his heroics in 2020, he didn’t take us as far as he could have. The last thing I want is for a sophomore slump to be the main story of 2022.

TVD has won the job on the field.
The INT was jsut a weird play with 2 receivers falling down. But considering that we were in field goal range TVD has to recognize that the throw to Harley was not worth the risk. Even if he was standing he had 2 defenders right next to him.

Gunslingers gonna gunsling

On another thread I gave Diaz and Lashlee full credit for recruiting TVD, Garcia and Brown. They have done a wonderful job of recruiting quarterbacks. This is the best QB room in decades. Decades.
Now if Manny could only recruit linebackers.
And a DC.

Advertisement
Back